Fable: The Lost Chapters Help?

Evil Teddie

Feb 7, 2011
Hey guys,

Fable. Just. Won't. Work. Ugh.

Turns out, every time I boot it and start a new game a Runtime Error appears. My graphics card (ATI Radeon HD 5670) is unsupported even though it can play game even older than it is (Etherlords, released in 2001 for example.). Is there a way to solve this?

Thanks in advance.

DoPo

"You're not cleared for that."
Jan 30, 2012
I have a 5470 and I haven't had any trouble with Fable. In fact I can't really imagine why there would be. Is this the Steam or the regular version? I recently (erm, 3-4 months ago) played the regular one - just installed it and it ran. I'd imagine the Steam version would have even better support for modern hardware but still, could be a glitch there.

As suggested, try compatibility mode. In particular, try running in Windows XP SP2 also tick the following "Run this program as an administrator", "Disable visual themes", and "Disable desktop composition".

Does it say what is the runtime error? Code or anything? You can try googling the error message.

Evil Teddie

Feb 7, 2011
Yes, it is the Runtime Error. No, compatibility modes and stuff disabled does not work. I have googled to death and the answer to the problem seems to be "Get another graphics card." D: . It is the regular disc version.