Fable Trilogy Goes on Sale This February

Steven Bogos

The Taco Man
Jan 17, 2013
Fable Trilogy Goes on Sale This February

The Fable Trilogy will combine all three Fable games in a single package.

Microsoft has confirmed that the Fable Trilogy compilation people saw appear on the Xbox Live Marketplace [http://marketplace.xbox.com/en-US/Product/Fable-Trilogy/66acd000-77fe-1000-9115-d8024d530aa2?cid=search] is indeed real, and will be available to purchase on February 7. The package combines Fable, Fable II, and Fable III onto a single disk. Microsoft also confirmed that it would contain the re-mastered "Anniversary" version of the original Fable.

While no pricing information was offered, the website stated that it "offers these games together at a discounted rate over individual purchases," so we can probably assume it will set you back the standard Xbox 360 RRP. February 7th is also the same day that Fable Anniversary standalone will be made available for sale.

"The games in this bundle are available as individual downloads in the Xbox Games marketplace and are exactly the same," Microsoft stated. Furthermore, if you already own one of the games in the package there is no additional discount on this bundle, nor will you receive an additional copy of the game you already own.

Way back in 2010, before Fable III was released, designer Peter Molyneux said that the "hates" the idea of a Fable trilogy [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/104453-Molyneux-Hates-Idea-of-a-Fable-Trilogy]. I wonder if he'd like a nice cold drink to wash down those words he is eating?

The Fable team (sans Molyneux) is currently working on Fable Legends [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/127008-Fable-Legends-Announced-As-Xbox-One-Exclusive], an Xbox One exclusive that is a spin-off from the initial Fable trilogy.

Source: Eurogamer [http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2014-01-18-fable-trilogy-confirmed-for-february]

soren7550

Overly Proud New Yorker
Dec 18, 2008
Damn, this would have been real useful to know beforehand. (my copies of Fable II & III were stolen & sold by my younger brother, so I've been needing replacements for some time)

lacktheknack

Je suis joined jewels.
Jan 19, 2009
I'd buy it, even though I have two of the games.

...if I had an Xbox of any kind.

<passive-aggressive dagger-stare>

neonsword13-ops

~ Struck by a Smooth Criminal ~
Mar 28, 2011
I never play my Xbox anymore, but Fable 1 is one of my favorite RPGs and Fable 2 is one of my favorite co-op games.

I think I may have to borrow my sister's 360 and get some friends together to play this.

And then I'll delete all data related to Fable 3 on the disc because FUCK THAT GAME!

MCerberus

Jun 26, 2013
Relive the lowering expectations and slow onset of your jaded worldview as your childhood slips past your grasp! Learn not to trust any statement of quality given by a game company, and boggle as an artist throws away everything people enjoyed about his work in order to chase his fever-maddened dreams!

But seriously, this is gaming's version of disappointment: the box set.

Story

Note to self: Prooof reed posts
Sep 4, 2013
Well, I like the Fable series. I mean, probably more than I should as I bought and read the spin off book Balverine Order. So yeah, needless to say I look forward to it.

Rad Party God

Party like it's 2010!
Feb 23, 2010
Just to clarify a bit Steven, there's no way in hell these 3 games can fit into a single disc, unless the 360 now is miraculously using BluRay discs.

OT: If I still had a 360, I'd just buy Fable 1, 2 sucked and I'm definitely not interested in 3.

putowtin

I'd like to purchase an alcohol!
Jul 7, 2010
Valderis said:
Fable Legends? Isn't that like a redundant double title? Feels weird.

Anyway, can't they just put all four games together? Or is that the final sucker-punch that will come sometime later after most people got tired of waiting? Not that it really matters, the last two games where pretty shit anyway.
Fable Legends is a 2 to 5 player online co-op game for xbox one in which upto four hero's battle one villain... once again a fable game that looks great in the trailer and will (probably) suck!

OT: Just cancelled my pre-order of Fable Anniversary to by the Elder Scrolls box set.... I reckon I made the right choice (and I have a feeling Fable Anniversary will be in the spring sales)

elvis-66

Apr 2, 2010
I've only ever rated the first one. Charm, magic, enjoyment. After the lost chapters (great add-on) the series got worse with each release. Fable 3 showed great potential but just ended up being "how dull and boring do you want your game-world to be after you select A,B or C?".

Looking forward to playing through the first one again (heres hoping the hobbe cave silver key glitch is still there).

Fdzzaigl

Mar 31, 2010
I only played the PC games, so 1 & 3.

Fable 1 was enjoyable, albeit not super special. Fable 3 was one of the most boring and forgettable games I've ever played.

Kahani

May 25, 2011
Steven Bogos said:
Way back in 2010, before Fable III was released, designer Peter Molyneux said that the "hates" the idea of a Fable trilogy [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/104453-Molyneux-Hates-Idea-of-a-Fable-Trilogy]. I wonder if he'd like a nice cold drink to wash down those words he is eating?
Pretty sure Molyneux is used to the things he says bearing no relation to reality by now.

VanQ

Casual Plebeian
Oct 23, 2009
I have 1 reason to buy this.
And 2 reasons not to buy it.

Can you guys guess which is which?

Daaaah Whoosh

Jun 23, 2010
I've been playing the hell out of Fable 2 recently, and judging by the hate Fable 1 must be way better. If it weren't for the fact I never want to see Fable 3 ever again, this might be a good purchase. As it is, however, I might just have to try and find Fable 1 on its own.

templar1138a

Dec 1, 2010
Not for PC, huh? If it were, I'd buy it on Steam even though I already have one and three. And I will never get an Xbone because that would just be silly. Looks like Microsoft won't be getting anymore of my money where Fable's concerned.

Strain42

Mar 2, 2009
If I didn't still own Fable 2 and 3, I'd probably consider this, I'm going to just assume that simply buying Fable Anniversary will be cheaper than the trilogy as a whole.

Chester Rabbit

Dec 7, 2011
Good now new fans and people who just missed out can see just how bad things got after the first one now that they can play them all back to back.

putowtin

I'd like to purchase an alcohol!
Jul 7, 2010
Daaaah Whoosh said:
I've been playing the hell out of Fable 2 recently, and judging by the hate Fable 1 must be way better. If it weren't for the fact I never want to see Fable 3 ever again, this might be a good purchase. As it is, however, I might just have to try and find Fable 1 on its own.
The same day Fable Anniversary is released, it been HD'd and the bugs have been sorted (apparently!)

Proverbial Jon

Not evil, just mildly malevolent
Nov 10, 2009
Steven Bogos said:
Considering Molyneux said that 3 years ago and is now no longer creative director of the franchise... I imagine he had absolutely nothing to do with this bundle. Hell, even if he was still part of Lionhead I expect Microsoft still has the final say. More than likely the very reason he left, even if he won't say as much.

OT: Ah, well I've already got Fable 2 and 3 for the Xbox 360 so there's really no need for me to purchase this I suppose. I'm looking forward to Fable Anniversary though. The original really is the only Fable anyone needs to own. I can't understand all the love for Fable 2. /snob