Facebook Working On A "Dislike" Button

tzimize

Mar 1, 2010
Yeah. God forbid we actually talk to each other. Or even spend the 10 fucking seconds it takes to express what we really feel with typing. Fucking facebook.

Zontar

Mad Max 2019
Feb 18, 2013
After years of demanding this, we finally got it, something Facebook added that is actually useful and wanted! It only took a decade.

Tsaba

reconnoiter
Oct 6, 2009
Draconalis said:
Finally... something to click when all these SJW articles get posted on my feed.
I know... finally. Seems like that's all that Facebook has become is crap like that or the really bad attempts at psychology.

Bat Vader

Mar 11, 2009
A straight up dislike button would be nice. That way when friends or family post baby pictures I can sow how much I dislike them. All the drama it was ould create would be hilarious too.

GundamSentinel

The leading man, who else?
Aug 23, 2009
Dislike Button? If only. Then I'd finally go on Facebook and spend a looong time disliking the shit out of all that inane drivel that passes for 'social' these days. Or was that Twitter? Whatever, questions for later.

No, I don't have any friends, nor do I want them. :D

Breywood

Jun 22, 2011
I think two buttons, "Sad" and "Angry/Disgusted," but really, can't take ten seconds to say "disgusting," "my condolences" or "this makes me really sad" or clicking like on a comment that says what you think?

Scars Unseen

^ ^ v v < > < > B A
May 7, 2009
Some ideas for buttons based on my limited Facebook experience:

"Dislike"
"Stop Sending Me Game Invitations"
"Friend Request? Who Are You?"
"Back Away Slowly"
"I'll Be Right Back. I Just Have to Go Change my Surname So I Don't Get Associated with You People Anymore"
"You're the Reason I Don't Log Into Facebook Anymore"
"TMI, Dude. TMI"
"I Feel Obligated to Give a General Noise of Support, but I Don't Really Care All That Much"
"No Seriously, Who Are You?"

freaper

snuggere mongool
Apr 3, 2010
Jadak said:
freaper said:
I don't see why they need to add an extra button. Unless they manage to make it nuanced enough somehow, people who don't like something either ignore it, or are vocal about it. Plus, are you going to "dislike" a post about a relative dying?
They haven't said it's a "dislike", because yeah, that would be dumb. Could very well end up being an "express sympathies" button or whatever the hell. The specifics are their problem, but the point is they're just going for something more flexible than 'liking' things all the time, not something necessarily negative.
That's what I mean, though. If you have to condense so many emotions into a nearly automated representation of those emotions, you might as well just type out a more sincere message :p

Strazdas

Robots will replace your job
May 28, 2011
I always joked about people who "like" a school shooting even though likes are used as upvotes there. Lets hope dislikes will have some teeth though. because on youtube the dislike of a comment does not even have any code, its just a button, it does nothing.

Valiance said:
http://www.adweek.com/socialtimes/youtube-reactions/74022
i dont remember this. Is this a joke article? Every system i saw that tried to use this has failed miserably, though. People like binary emotions. you either like something or dont like something. most of the things on the internet are never given enough attention to even have emotions about it.

Abomination

Dec 17, 2012
Can I get an "Oh my god, shut the fuck up - nobody cares!" button?

Though I can see that being used a bit too much.

StatusNil

Oct 5, 2014
I don't care for "social media" myself, but I suppose I can spare a suggestion for our conquering hivemind builders: don't add anything, remove the Like button instead. If people want to express their feelings, we should expect them to take the time necessary to formulate them in elementary verbal form, instead of reflexively clicking "This Good!" or "This Bad!". The last thing we need is more effective streamlining of inchoate primal reactions.

Lightknight

Mugwamp Supreme
Nov 26, 2008
It's about time that friends don't have to keep liking a post when a friend announces they have cancer.

OldNewNewOld

Mar 2, 2011
It's gonna be a like button, just not with the same name.
Basically when someone posts sad news, people can't really like it, but it. So you get a different button that is in the same spirit. "I saw your post and I almost feel something about it", thought that's a too long name.

Also I need several more buttons.
"Who the fuck are you?"
"Stop poking me!"
"Stop sending me chain mail!"
"Stop asking me to play those fucking not-games!"
"Seriously, who the fuck are you and why do you keep adding me as friends?"
"Mom stop posting embarrassing shit from 20 years ago! No one wants to see me almost naked taking a bath as a baby! Even if they want, I don't fucking want other people to see that, I don't want to see that and I don't want you or anyone else to see that, I don't want that shit to even exist!"
"Mom stop reading youtube and facebook comments and stop complaining about them to me, they just raise your blood pressure for no reason!"

Fox12

AccursedT- see you space cowboy
Jun 6, 2013
Wiggum Esquilax said:
The first thing to get a non-dislike? The official release of the button.
I wish I could like this comment.

loa

Jan 28, 2012
This is dumb.
If you press "dislike" on the refugee story, does that mean you dislike the situation of the refugees and express your sympathies, do you dislike the refugees yammering on about their situation or the story itself because it was badly written or the authors face or what?
And what's the point of slapping a numerical value of how many people "dislike" something into someones face if it could mean so many things that it's basically meaningless and just serves to fuel a passive-aggressive fire to slowly chip away at the psyche of people?
Has the youtube comments section taught you nothing.
Downvoting is bad and unnecessary.

May 28, 2015
Someone's already done the work for them.

All it's missing is a Sympathize button.