Fall 2015 Anime season

Izanagi009_v1legacy

Anime Nerds Unite
Apr 25, 2013
Well, with the next season of anime upon us, I think it's time to look at the selection and see what we can comment on.
Fall 2015 anime [http://anichart.net/fall]

-There is a new gundam coming out, lets see if it ranks up there with Unicorn or flails around like AGE
-The first of the Project Itou movies, "Empire of Corpses" will be coming out within 10 days as of the time of writing. Lets see how this movie project will turn out
- For Index and Railgun fans, Heavy Object will be coming out so lets see how the author's writing has improved since Index or how it applies to this setting.

Any other thoughts?

[Kira Must Die]

Incubator
Sep 30, 2009
I... I still can't believe Diabolik Lovers of all things is getting a second season. I absolutely hated that first season.

I could say the same about Aria the Scarlet Ammo, except the first season was so batshitting-ly stupid I might watch the second one.

I'm looking forward to One-Punch Man, as I've heard good things about the manga. I'm also looking forward to Owarimonogatari, although I still need to get around to finishing Tsukimonogatari. The Perfect Insider looks kinda interesting, too. I like myself a mystery anime.

And I guess I'll watch Attack on Titan: Junior High, too.

Just... 'cuz.

Queen Michael

has read 4,010 manga books
Jun 9, 2009
I'm not much of an anime fan. I've been wanting a good series to follow for a while, though. I guess I'll give Peeping Life TV a shot. I prefer stuff that's funny and not based on a manga.

Izanagi009_v1legacy

Anime Nerds Unite
Apr 25, 2013
Queen Michael said:
I'm not much of an anime fan. I've been wanting a good series to follow for a while, though. I guess I'll give Peeping Life TV a shot. I prefer stuff that's funny and not based on a manga.
I recall you having a thread about japanese books. There is the books by Project Itou: Empire of Corpses, Harmony, and Genocidal Organ. They are getting movies and seem to be considered good Sci-Fi books. Sadly, Itou died recently so there won't be any more books from him.

Izanagi009_v1legacy

Anime Nerds Unite
Apr 25, 2013
[Kira Must Die said:
]I... I still can't believe Diabolik Lovers of all things is getting a second season. I absolutely hated that first season.

I could say the same about Aria the Scarlet Ammo, except the first season was so batshitting-ly stupid I might watch the second one.

I'm looking forward to One-Punch Man, as I've heard good things about the manga. I'm also looking forward to Owarimonogatari, although I still need to get around to finishing Tsukimonogatari. The Perfect Insider looks kinda interesting, too. I like myself a mystery anime.

And I guess I'll watch Attack on Titan: Junior High, too.

Just... 'cuz.
Yeah, I have bad feelings about the light novel adaptations like Asterisk War and Rakudai

They are fantasy shows with a romance element and scream mediocre. Keep in mind, I like Index and Railgun so me deriding light novel adaptation shows means something

Queen Michael

Jun 9, 2009
Izanagi009 said:
Queen Michael said:
I recall you having a thread about japanese books. There is the books by Project Itou: Empire of Corpses, Harmony, and Genocidal Organ. They are getting movies and seem to be considered good Sci-Fi books. Sadly, Itou died recently so there won't be any more books from him.
Thanks for the recommend, but I read Harmony last year and thought it was okay. Good enough to finish, not good enough for me to seek out more of his books.

Izanagi009_v1legacy

Anime Nerds Unite
Apr 25, 2013
Queen Michael said:
Izanagi009 said:
Queen Michael said:
Thanks for the recommend, but I read Harmony last year and thought it was okay. Good enough to finish, not good enough for me to seek out more of his books.
with your experience with Harmony, do you think the movie will be any good?

Scarim Coral

Jumped the ship
Legacy
Oct 29, 2010
Country
UK
The only two I will be watching it the new Gundam (surely it will do better than Gundam Reconguista in G which is not hard) and One Punch Man which I watched an early leak of the first episode and it look great!

Queen Michael

Jun 9, 2009
Izanagi009 said:
Queen Michael said:
Izanagi009 said:
Queen Michael said:
with your experience with Harmony, do you think the movie will be any good?
It'll probably be decent. I never felt that the narration was all that stellar in Harmony, so it wouldn't lose anything if it were filmed.

Casual Shinji

Should've gone before we left.
Legacy
Jul 18, 2009
Fucking One-Punch Man, man!

I was cynical at first since, you know, current anime... But that first episode turned out fantastic. It actually has a budget and talent behind it. And while it obviously can't replicate the beautiful art of the manga, it does evoke that same crazy energy and action. I'll be looking forward to this one.

404notfound

Nov 9, 2009
I just finished watching all of the Yuru Yuri episodes up until now after being introduced to it by a friend. I'll be looking forward to getting to watch a new season of that.

Other than that; I've only watched either: things that people have suggested to me (Code Geass, Soul Eater, Yuru Yuri), or things that were on tv when I was young ( original Pokemon, Yu-Gi-Oh and Beyblade etc).

I wouldn't mind more suggestions to good series to watch (new or old).

Gigano

Whose Eyes Are Those Eyes?
Oct 15, 2009
Hmm, the only thing that looks immediately interesting is Kowabon. And it looks more interesting than good.

There could be hope for Subete ga F ni Naru: The Perfect Insider too, depending on how much of a Steins;Gate clone it turns out to be. Maybe Sakurako-san no Ashimoto ni wa Shitai ga Umatteiru, if the art style and animation quality consistently remain as advertised, and it doesn't get either too high-schooly, or too fetishistic.

ecoho

Jun 16, 2010
Utawarerumono: Itsuwari no Kamen now there's an animie I want to see! a sequel I hope to one of my favorites im so excited:)

Zetatrain

Sep 8, 2010
Country
United States
Well being the massive Gundam fanboy I am I'll definitely be checking out Iron Blooded Orphans.
There's also the new Lupin III series that is finally airing (unless you live in Italy).

gigastar

Insert one-liner here.
Sep 13, 2010
Owarimonogatari, K: Return of Kings, Heavy Object and Noragami have my interest this season.

Those first 2 in particular i have been waiting years for them to happen.

Theres also the delayed final episode of Kekkai Sensen coming in the first week of October.

Elfgore

Your friendly local nihilist
Legacy
Dec 6, 2010
Nothing of note here... wait a second... IS THAT A HIDAN NO ARIA sequel!?!?! It's been like five years, since the lack-luster first season ended! And you're just now getting around to making the sequel/remake/whatever the fuck it is?! Holy shit, maybe Baka and Test season 3 is still a possibility.

I will say, the lack of harems is quite surprising. Usually there is a good three or so per season. Maybe a new king is taking over.

KyuubiNoKitsune-Hime

Lolita Style, The Best Style!
Jan 12, 2010
There is really nothing here that grabs me. The new Gundam series looks... How to put it best? Extra grizzled and possibly edgy with a side of very uninspired mechanical design. Maybe the new Lupin the III will help soften the blow this time around.

Fox12

AccursedT- see you space cowboy
Jun 6, 2013
I didn't really see anything that interested me, sadly. Just more high school hijinks and Gundam. Whatever happened to Under the Dog? I need some 90s style sci-fi action.

I guess I'll give one punch man a try, since Casual shinji is excited about it, and he tends to know what he's talking about.

Kinokohatake

Jul 11, 2010
I've not seen a good anime since Madoka. Everything recently seems awful. Giant naked Titans where the story just seems to spin its wheels forever or yet another harem anime with monster girls.