Fallen Earth only for the upper class?

disillusion_me

Jun 21, 2009
For those not aware :Fallen Earth is a massively multiplayer online role-playing game set on a post-apocalyptic Earth in the year 2156
I had the luxury of being a beta tester as Icarus Studios LLC was grinding out the bugs, and being a Fallout fan since the begginning im inclined to be easily drawn in to all things post apoc! Whereas i was impressed by the game i set it aside after beta testing was over. Then i looked back in on it seeing as i have more time now and WHOOOOAAA the pricing was incredible!

List Price: $39.99 with one month free and
12 months - $143.99

Now im new to mmo game genre in general but i ask you all are these normal prices??
13 months of play for 180$ ????????
or is this a game for the elitest only?
Is there anyone playing this game now?

DuplicateValue

Jun 25, 2009
If you're the type of person that invests hundreds of hours into those games, then you probably wouldn't mind paying it.

I wouldn't though. You could get three other good games for that price.

CuddlyCombine

Sep 12, 2007
That's somewhere around $13/month. As Joe Deadman said, that's normal for an MMO. Granted, some of them have deals where you save if you buy more months at a time, but it looks like the Fallen Earth people don't believe in reducing prices.

Joe Deadman said:
*cool avatar*
I love your avatar. I have a cockatiel.

Eldarion

Sep 30, 2009
World of warcraft is....I think $80 to get the full game and $15 a month.

I think that comes out to be slightly more expensive.

reg42

Mar 18, 2009
If it was free I would totally play it, BUT it's not.
It looks really interesting, though I heard that it has a lot of bugs. That true?

The DSM

Apr 18, 2009
Why not just buy WoW and get Addicted to that for a fraction of the price?

Never thought Id consider WoW cheap compared to any other MMO up till now....

djpsykotiko

Jan 16, 2010
that's basically why I never play online games. I feel that buying the product itself should give you the rights to play it. it's like dangling a sucker in front of a child's face and saying "you want to buy this from me? it's only a dollar ,but you have to pay me a subsequent dollar for each lick you take off of it."

Chipperz

Apr 27, 2009
Problem is that Fallen Earth is awful. It hurt me immensly, because I wanted it to be good.

Hell, I don't think it's even been released outside of America. It felt like the server was on the other side of an ocean...

dasUnbekannte

Dec 17, 2009
That's slightly cheaper than average.
Most MMOs release at around $50 which includes the first month, and then cost $15/month for the subscription unless you pay in bulk, in which case they give you a slight discount. (In this case, $144 takes it down to $12)

I personally don't have an account as I was waiting for the developers to polish it up a little bit more. But I'm sure I will later. /sigh

Jiveturkey124

Jan 13, 2009
The DSM said:
Why not just buy WoW and get Addicted to that for a fraction of the price?

Never thought Id consider WoW cheap compared to any other MMO up till now....
They both literally cost the exact same amount subscription wise.

You dont have to pay for a year subscription to Fallen Earth or WoW.

Both games provide you with 3-month, and 6-month alternatives, with a slight decrease in price as you buy in bulk. For example

Both FE and WoW:

3 month - 13.99 a month
6 month - 12.99 a month

Also just to add, if say for example you buy Fallen Earth off Steam, and you have to sign up for a subscription to play the game...

You can sign up for the monthly recurring sub, and you dont have to pay anything more than the original game price.

So lets say you bought the game for 30 bucks over the holidays, and then you put that 15 bucks towards the second month.

You dont even have to pay it, most games dont offer this but FE does.

So basically you buy the game and you get 30 days free before you need to sign up any further. All you need is a valid credit card.

ThreeKneeNick

Aug 4, 2009
Its a standard price for a subscription MMO title. All of them cost $15 monthly (for you yanks at least), you can count the exceptions on the fingers of one hand.

Some, if not most of them aren't worth that price, but what can you do, they have to pay for servers and continued development somehow.

I tried the FE trial and was not impressed, but i hear it has a stable community and some of the best crafting around.