Fallout 3 Edited For Japan

xitel

Assume That I Hate You.
Aug 13, 2008
I'm thinking they ought to make it a different type of bomb or something... because that's a huge choice to make.

my_ledge_ends

Dec 26, 2008
In this day and age, when frivolous lawsuits and nation-wide bans are but a single misstep away, I don't blame Bethesda in the least for doing everything in their power to cover their collective asses. It's better to sell half as many as you like than none at all.

TsunamiWombat

Sep 6, 2008
Given that the WHOLE GAME is about nuclear fallout, disease, and radiation, I fail to see how it could ever be totally edited to be palatable in Japan so why bother?

Hell, the game isn't palatable anywhere. It's not supposed to be. It's SUPPOSED to slap you in the face and say "Look at this. LOOK AT THIS. And this is the BEST CASE SCENARIO. Do you want this!?"

Usige Beatha

May 30, 2008
Isn't the whole concept of war and death and violence offensive? Maybe Japan should just ban the game entirely, and then they should wrap blind folds around the heads of their population.

JimbobDa3rd

Sep 21, 2008
mokes310 said:
Understandable, and I'm not quite sure that it's full-fledged censorship. This seems more like Bethesda is sensative to something that might still be a sore-spot for the Japanese people.

My questions is this though...After the generation of people who actually lived through those times passes on, do you think it'll still be a sensative subject???
Yes, maby not as sensative but (as this seems to be the choice of comparison) just like the holocaust it will always be a sensative subject i mean i can see the point of view from the people sensoring it but im in agreement with the leave it as is,its a 18 (or R or M or AO or whatever ratibg system it is) and people should live with it
(and just cause it seems to be apropriate with "sensitive subjects" did anyone else find the fact that someone made money of 9/11 with that movie increadable insensitive)