Fallout 3 FFFUUUUUUUUU

captainwillies

Feb 17, 2008
lawnmooer said:
The only problems I've had with Fallout 3 are:

Operation: Anchorage bug with the last guy, resulting in me having to go through the entire thing again.
similar thing happened to me but because I had about 50 in speech there was an extra dialogue that made him surrender. sure it only had a 32% success rate but by reloading that save over and over it eventually went through.

ArchBlade

Pointy Object Enthusiast
Sep 20, 2008
I had similar problems with my copy of Fallout 3 and Mothership Zeta. Difference being that trying to fix it with the console crashed my game.

FU-

ThreeWords

Feb 27, 2009
Pararaptor said:
Well that's what you get for buying Mothership Zeta.

Had you not got the memo? It's so bad it makes your eyes bleed pus & semen.
Sorry to be picky, but isn't it bleeding when blood comes out? I believe it makes you eyes weep pus and ejaculate semen

Je Suis Ubermonkey

Jun 10, 2010
One of my mates forced his way into the Megaton armoury. At a low level with only a pistol he didn't really stand much of a chance, and the autosave of him entering the armoury was the only save he had. I still don't know how he got in in the first place (this was playstation so no console), but I know he never got out.

So not a glitch or a script failure, but still fairly funny - and annoying for him.

ECHO 062

Jul 4, 2008
Furburt said:
Argh, Fallout 3 is similarly pissing me off. I recently reinstalled my system, and installed Fallout 3, which worked perfectly before, mods or no. Now, no matter which mods I use, or none, whenever I walk 15 feet from the Vault, the game stutters and crashes to desktop. The vault itself goes fine, but as soon as I get out, problems happen. I've tried almost everything I can to get it working, but nothing. It's pissing me the hell off.
Try disabling AA and AF, that worked for me. Then turn it up slowly untill you find a stable point.

NLS

Norwegian Llama Stylist
Jan 7, 2010
This is why I usually keep about 10 saves I cycle through, so I can always go back to a certain extent.

Penguinness

May 25, 2010
LogicNProportion said:
Halo 3 - Checkpoint'd me right when I got out of a Hornet right where I was to land in a bottomless gorge. Kept respawning me right above the gorge, falling to my death for eternity...
Lol, I actually had a very similar incident. We were doing the vidmaster challange - annual:

Vidmaster Challenge: Annual is a Halo 3 XBL-exclusive achievement where the player has to complete the level Halo on four-player Legendary Co-Op with the Iron Skull activated, and everyone in Ghosts.

Basically we were right near the end, while the floor was destroying itself. My friend flipped over his ghost just as the rest of us hit the checkpoint.. so everytime we spawned there, he fell to his death. Because Iron Skull is on, when one person dies YOU ALL have to go back. That took the piss, it took a while to get there and had to restart.

There was also Dragonage: Origins where near the end you had to fight waves of enemies, a big ogre was meant to spawn but it didn't.. and that would trigger the next lot of events. Had to load a previous save which was an hour back.

Searlero

Sep 22, 2009
I once had a terrible case of being stuck at Paradise Falls. Everytime I got about 50 feet away, the game crashed (and fast travel did the same).

ThreeWords

Feb 27, 2009
Pararaptor said:
ThreeWords said:
Pararaptor said:

Sorry to be picky, but isn't it bleeding when blood comes out? I believe it makes you eyes weep pus and ejaculate semen
Well semen isn't necessarily the result of semen: to ejaculate simply means to kind of... spit out or eject, I guess.

Bleed doesn't always go with blood either: it really just means a liquid coming out of a solid with little pressure.
It's true. Damn

*beats a tactical retreat, then regroups*

However, you must admit, your eyes are more likely to weep than bleed, no?

z3rostr1fe

Aug 14, 2009
NLS said:
This is why I usually keep about 10 saves I cycle through, so I can always go back to a certain extent.
Couldn't agree more... So kids, do what the hell he's saying! It'll save you 15 hours or more of gameplay... :D

PartyMonkey

Jun 26, 2009
I was doing a quest/mission/whatever they are called in FO3 I havent played it for a bit and the guy i need I glitched so I had to turn off the system and restart it and then it had saved it just as I walked in the house where they were and they were still glitched and it took ages for them to unglitch themselves...I think it was in the republic of dave...So I ended up just killing them.

ThreeWords

Feb 27, 2009
Pararaptor said:
ThreeWords said:
Pararaptor said:
ThreeWords said:
Pararaptor said:

Well semen isn't necessarily the result of semen: to ejaculate simply means to kind of... spit out or eject, I guess.

Bleed doesn't always go with blood either: it really just means a liquid coming out of a solid with little pressure.
It's true. Damn

I dunno. Bleeding sounds more painful.
But weeping gives that extra element of sheer emotional damage

Meggiepants

Not a pigeon roost
Jan 19, 2010
LogicNProportion said:
Halo 3 - Checkpoint'd me right when I got out of a Hornet right where I was to land in a bottomless gorge. Kept respawning me right above the gorge, falling to my death for eternity...
I wonder what you did more, laughed or screamed?

OT: I literally had about 100 saves in Fallout 3. Love the game to pieces, but it was buggy as hell. I had several game breaking glitches that caused me to lose hours of play.

Tis frustrating to be sure.

ThreeWords

Feb 27, 2009
Pararaptor said:
ThreeWords said:
Pararaptor said:
ThreeWords said:
Pararaptor said:
ThreeWords said:
Pararaptor said:

It's true. Damn

I dunno. Bleeding sounds more painful.
But weeping gives that extra element of sheer emotional damage
I never really looked at it from that angle.

Yeah, I'm gonna go with weeping. Thanks.
3W, at your service, if your writing ever needs that extra bite