Fallout 3 & New Vegas; Wheres the cats

busterkeatonrules

- in Glorious Black & White!
Legacy
Jun 22, 2009
Country
Norway
Talvi said:
It would be nice to have them tho, I mean, I do like the dogs. But why don't the cats mutate or evolve like the Yaoi Gui or the Deathclaw
Maybe they did? I, for one, would never have GUESSED that the Yao Guai used to be bears if the loading screen hadn't told me...

Crelda said:
Maybe cats are Deathclaws...
Mystery solved.

Nerf Ninja

Dec 20, 2008
Just to derail things.

Deathclaws are chameleons...

http://fallout.wikia.com/wiki/Deathclaw

Spencer Petersen

Apr 3, 2010
Cats have much more delicate body structures so they would be more susceptible to radiation, but also because most of the cats living in America are house cats and bred specifically to be as non-violent as possible, they would probably have died out before evolution got them back into killing machines. For dogs at least, they are close enough to the real deal to turn back to their primal forms, as dogs today are mostly still equipped for hunting and such.

Aug 1, 2010
[i/]Where have all, the kitties gone? Eaten by Deathclaws, every one. When will they ever learn? When will the ever learn. Where have all the Deathclaws gone? Killed by.....[/i]

Ahem.

Good question. I really don't know.

_Cake_

Apr 5, 2009
I thought the exact same thing, I hope there's a Dogmeat AND Catmeat next time.

The better question is where are all squirrels and iguanas that go on a sticks? All I ever see are stupid fucking crows who set off my radar >_<

P.S. Mountain Lions are cats too so saying cats are just weaker is bs.

Baldry

Feb 11, 2009
So if regular cats were eaten...what happened to other cats like cougars?

Shadey[64]

Nov 20, 2009
Its been stated already, but there is a woman in fallout 3 I think it was that tells you people ate cats because they were easy to hunt and kill, turning to eating their own cats in times of desperation, finally sending them extinct. It is explained.

mr_rubino

Sep 19, 2010
Talvi said:
Is it just me or is anyone else wondering why it happens to be that only the dogs survive yet no cats?
Didn't you ever play Pathologic? They're just transparent.

JoJo

and the Amazing Technicolour Dream Goat šŸ
Legacy
Mar 31, 2010
Country
šŸ‡¬šŸ‡§
*cough* They didn't want to program more animals than needed into the game *cough*

kouriichi

Sep 5, 2010
I have a hard time beliving that every cat in amarica was hunted to extinction.

There aer over 81 million in households alone, without counting all the strays, and cats in the animal shelters. And ofcourse, cats do breed, and can live in prides. ((hee hee. Kitty pride))

Theres an amazingly high chance that cats would still exist in the wasteland. While they may not be common, chances are if you found 1 cat, youd find a rather large group of them. Probabaly 30+ per "group". They could hunt together and easly take down rats, birds, or humans.

Cant probably wouldent be hunted to extinction, but there would only be a few million across the US. And they would try to avoid humans or other large creatures.

Rare? Probably. Extinct? Definitly not.

Grey_Focks

Jan 12, 2010
Spirultima said:
I've always thought the Deathclaws was the evolution of the cat. Cats are known to be able to survive a lot of harsh terrain, so they should be about like the dogs, but they aren't and the Deathclaw is the only creature with a big question mark about its roots.
Nope, Deathclaws originate from chameleons-http://fallout.wikia.com/wiki/Deathclaws.

OT- They were hunted for food because they were easy prey after the great war, sorry to say.

Davichu

Sep 28, 2010
RhombusHatesYou said:
twistedheat15 said:
Cats are more of a pleasure thing
You've obviously never had to deal with feral cats then. Bastard things.
loving the way someone hasn't pointed that the first statement is kinda wrong with the whole beastiality thang