Fallout 4 Pre-Loading Confirmed for All Platforms

Lizzy Finnegan

Mar 11, 2015
Fallout 4 Pre-Loading Confirmed for All Platforms

Regardless of your platform of choice, you will be able to play Fallout 4 the very second it releases - if you buy a digital version of the game.

According to a tweet from Bethesda, Fallout 4 will have pre-loading on Xbox One, PS4, and PC. This allows players who have purchased a digital copy of the game in advance the ability to start playing the moment it releases.

Details are sparse, and a precise date and time has yet to be released, but a separate tweet [https://twitter.com/DCDeacon/status/658705730023903233?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw] from Bethesda's VP of PR and Marketing, Pete Hines, states that "All should be available a few days before launch day."

[tweet t=https://twitter.com/bethesda/status/658705616177860609]

It was recently announced that all 27 versions of Fallout 4 have been completed [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/161147-Fallout-4-Is-Fully-Complete], and are simply awaiting shipment. Fallout 4 releases on November 10.

Janaschi

Scion of Delphi
Aug 21, 2012
Kind of funny for those of us that got the Collectors' Edition, as we are essentially getting screwed out of any additional perks. :p

We do not get any pre-ordering bonuses, we do not get to pre-load the game, and the game itself is not even complete, with the game requiring a digital download before it can be played. I also have the feeling that I will be getting the game fairly later than the 10th, since I was unfortunate enough to have missed the BethStore editions, and had to go through BestBuy (a company that has been on my shit list for quite some time, in regards to shipping). They refuse to even provide me a receipt that shows that I purchased Fallout 4 from them, until the game is actually shipped to me, meaning that I cannot enter the Bethesda sweepstakes.

Oh well. Hopefully when the game is in my hands, it will be worth it.

El Portero

Mar 14, 2010
In other news, digital copies of Fallout 4 were confirmed to have graphics settings, keyboard support, and a desktop icon.

Headsprouter

Monster Befriender
Legacy
Nov 19, 2010
El Portero said:
In other news, digital copies of Fallout 4 were confirmed to have graphics settings, keyboard support, and a desktop icon.
Yeah. "News".

But we did click it didn't we?

Mister K

This is our story.
Apr 25, 2011
Thanks, but no thanks. I won't touch Fallout 4 untill people confirm that:

a) The plot does NOT revolve around saving your spouse and child, whom you, as a player, knew for half an hour tops and in actuality have no emotional connection to;

b) At least majority of bugs are fixed. No, Bethesda, not by fan mods/patches, by YOU.

Hairless Mammoth

Jan 23, 2013
"You can now send us your money early!" - Bethesda

Yeah, no. It might be a Bethesda game, therefore many glitches will be hi-larious, but I'm gonna do what I now normally do with AAA anything, sit it out until the price is down, an edition/Steam bundle with DLC included is out, word of mouth has spread and bugs are found.

Riddle78

Jan 19, 2010
Hairless Mammoth said:

Yeah, no. It might be a Bethesda game, therefore many glitches will be hi-larious, but I'm gonna do what I now normally do with AAA anything, sit it out until the price is down, an edition/Steam bundle with DLC included is out, word of mouth has spread and bugs are found.
Pre-loading is not pre-ordering. Pre-loading is the act of installing the game to hard drive before release,so you're ready to fly when it does release.

Davroth

The shadow remains cast!
Apr 27, 2011
But the real question will be will it have few enough known shippables to be playable at release? They don't have the best track record with that...

Neurotic Void Melody

Bound to escape
Legacy
Jul 15, 2013
All this talk of fallout, yet we still cannot play. The Pavlovian bells are ringing, drool if you must; i, however, will save my drool for the feast, not the bell. Not a pleasant analogy, admittedly, but pleasantries will cost you more.

Hairless Mammoth

Jan 23, 2013
Riddle78 said:
Hairless Mammoth said:

Pre-loading is not pre-ordering. Pre-loading is the act of installing the game to hard drive before release,so you're ready to fly when it does release.
I know they are not one in the same. Although, do you not still have to pay the full price to pre-load the game? That would be news to me.

I was mostly making a (grumpy) jab at the hype there, anyway.

Strazdas

Robots will replace your job
May 28, 2011
Lizzy Finnegan said:
you will be able to play Fallout 4 the very second it releases
Doubtful. Preloading usually either encrypts data (takes time to decrypt, in GTA 5 case it took over an hour on modern PCs) or are incomplete (still have to download something after launch). All pre-loading that did not do it would end up with leaked versions in torrents before the release, so they all do it now. so unless Bethesda somehow found a way to preload uncrackable version that does not require decryption or extra downloads its closer to "withing an hour of release".

Riddle78 said:
pre-loading is impossible without pre-ordering, though. you cannot pre-load a game you didnt pre-order.