Fallout 4 radio mods

titankore

Nov 10, 2009
As much as I love the fallout soundtrack, and the nifty radio play "The silver shroud" it gets boring and repetitive after a while. So there is apparently some nifty mods that add radioplays and other things to the radio station that makes exploring Boston a little more fun.
http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/19696/?tab=2&navtag=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.nexusmods.com%2Ffallout4%2Fajax%2Fmodfiles%2F%3Fid%3D19696&pUp=1

Darth Rosenberg

Oct 25, 2011
Yeah, I'm not sure I could listen to the radio at all with just the vanilla station. Old World Tunes, Billy-Bob's Bunker and Tumbleweed Tunes are nigh on essential.

The only major downside on Xbox are the file sizes. Bethesda really do need to double the allowance, at least, as it's simply not possible to have a bunch of radio stations plus, say, a greenery overhaul as well as all the usual tweaks and additions.

Windcaler

Nov 7, 2010
My favorite one is probably WRVR which is an actual place in the game but theres nothing to find or do there. Whats neat about this mod is the author put the DJ, Casey Kessler, into the game and you can get her as a companion.

My second favorite is Old world radio-Boston which adds a little something for everyone. You have western music, classical music, and even old Twilight zone episodes (those ones that were radio broadcasts originally)

Another one thats really good is More where that came from Diamond city radio edition. It just ads a ton of new music to the existing Diamond city radio boardcast.

immortalfrieza

Elite Member
Legacy
May 12, 2011
Country
USA
The problem is that the radios do the songs and DJ comments randomly instead of down a list, which results in things like Diamond City Radio talking about Covenant being slaughtered over and over again while having to hear Silver Shroud 3 times in a row. It doesn't help that there hasn't been a DJ actually interesting to listen to since Three Dog, and even he had the same issues. If the radio would go down a predetermined list on both of these things it would do a lot to alleviate the problem.

I'll have to check out radio mods though, haven't really got into that or listened to the radio in Fallout 4 much at all really.

happyninja42

Elite Member
Legacy
May 13, 2010
The easiest thing they could do for the DJ's dialogue, would be to just have them say "and now here's another classic from before the big boom. hope you enjoy it." or some similar, generic, non-specific line. Then you could have whatever playlist of songs you wanted in any order, and it wouldn't break the illusion.

Not really sure why they never did this, unless they are required by copywright laws to give the name of the artist/song, in order to use it? *shrugs*

Dansen

Master Lurker
Mar 24, 2010
immortalfrieza said:
The problem is that the radios do the songs and DJ comments randomly instead of down a list, which results in things like Diamond City Radio talking about Covenant being slaughtered over and over again while having to hear Silver Shroud 3 times in a row. It doesn't help that there hasn't been a DJ actually interesting to listen to since Three Dog, and even he had the same issues. If the radio would go down a predetermined list on both of these things it would do a lot to alleviate the problem.

I'll have to check out radio mods though, haven't really got into that or listened to the radio in Fallout 4 much at all really.
TBH I like Red Eye more than Three-Dog. It was fun having some compulsive liar/loser DJ. A guy who was probably never a real raider to begin with somehow ended up being in charge of entertaining a horde of them. The two biggest crimes of the DLC where his lack of lines and not being able to meet him in the game.
[youtube=Q9C4b-yKYWY