Fallout 4 setting?

May 17, 2010
Whoa lost my thread virginity is making this. And just like sex this will be akward and clumsy so stick with me.

Anyways I was wondering where the next Fallout game should be set. We will assume it will have the same type of gameplay as New Vegas, and as such won't be an MMO (let's assume that is a seperate entry and Fallout won't become an exclusively MMO series). The US has been pretty well covered in the main entries and seems to be well on the path of putting itself together. Would people be opposed to setting the series in mainland China or Europe, or would people feel that would mean it has jumped the shark? It would mean there would be little reason forthere to be supermutants, the Enclave, NCR or Brotherhood.

Opinions and suggestions with reasons?

Cheers

REPTILE 0009

Sep 26, 2010
How bout a radioactive Amazonian rainforest. It would be pretty interesting. Have it filled with monstrous mutated animals.

Legion

Were it so easy
Oct 2, 2008
Reading that first line while tipsy was slightly amusing as I didn't see the "thread" part, I was vaguely interested about how creating this thread got you laid.

Fallout needs to stick with America because that's where all the Vault Tec Vaults are, and a Fallout game without one would be... odd to say the least.

Which reminds me, I need to play New Vegas again as I never actually found out what was in Vault 19...

It also wouldn't have all the other things such as Super Mutants and whatnot if it was elsewhere.

Rockchimp69

Dec 4, 2010
I would love to see my home country of the UK being covered, It would be interesting to see the difference between the two counties (albeit only in a game).

Surprised you hadn't already made one, my first thread was the first thing I ever posted.

The Wykydtron

"Emotions are very important!"
Sep 23, 2010
China? I mean the US gave as good as they got right? MAD and all that

If they wanted to get out of the USA setting China seems to be the most logical choice

ZephyriaSoul

Jan 25, 2011
Fallout 4 took place in The Mojave wasteland.

(Even though I really don't like New Vegas, I still call it Fallout 4)

Odegauger

Apr 7, 2010
Florida, with hicks in one part of the map, resorts and retirement homes in another part of the map, an a tongue-in-cheek Disneyworld analogue. It could be about the Eastern Brotherhood, now evolved into a proper army and government a la the NCR, fighting against a huge collective of pirates based out of Cuba.

I don't think Fallout should cover areas outside of America. It's just not that kind of game.

kampori

Jan 25, 2010
REPTILE 0009 said:
How bout a radioactive Amazonian rainforest. It would be pretty interesting. Have it filled with monstrous mutated animals.
Well the problem is that could turn into Point Lookout (was that the DLC on the island off the south of FO3?)
Not that it was terrible, but it was very very very same-y and boring

May 17, 2010
The Wykydtron said:
China? I mean the US gave as good as they got right? MAD and all that

If they wanted to get out of the USA setting China seems to be the most logical choice
That's what I was thinking and I do believe in one of their games it was planned for you to go to the mainland.

Fallout needs to stick with America because that's where all the Vault Tec Vaults are, and a Fallout game without one would be... odd to say the least.
While new veagas does have vaults they have far less focus then the previous games do, acting as optional dungeons instead of being integral to the main plot. I do think it is possible to move away from them but your point that it wouldn't be familiar is a good one.

I would love to see my home country of the UK being covered, It would be interesting to see the difference between the two counties (albeit only in a game).

Surprised you hadn't already made one, my first thread was the first thing I ever posted.
I imagine the UK as a setting would be more imaginable for Americans.

I tend to comment and flee then actually nest.

kampori

Jan 25, 2010
Odegauger said:
Florida, with hicks in one part of the map, resorts and retirement homes in another part of the map, an a tongue-in-cheek Disneyworld analogue. It could be about the Eastern Brotherhood, now evolved into a proper army and government a la the NCR, fighting against a huge collective of pirates based out of Cuba.

I don't think Fallout should cover areas outside of America. It's just not that kind of game.
This, however, could be very interesting. I'd say Florida is a great idea :)

kommando367

Oct 9, 2008
Canada - Since the U.S. annexed it, there are probably vaults there. Also, I want to see a Fallout game with large expanses of snow so alaska would also be nice.

BENZOOKA

This is the most wittiest title
Oct 26, 2009
The next Fallout should take place in Finland. That's just so obvious I'm out of words.

scnj

Nov 10, 2008
Nowhere but America would work, since the series was conceived as a parody of the American Dream in the 50's.

WorldCritic

Apr 13, 2009
Hm, I know a lot of people who would love to see it take place in New York, but I'm not really sure how well that would work. I wouldn't really mind seeing what parts of Europe look like in the world of Fallout though.

Who Dares Wins

Dec 26, 2009
This thread was already done and no, Fallout can't be set anywhere than in US because the whole point of it is the Vaults, Enclave, BoS etc. are all in the US.

May 17, 2010
Who Dares Wins said:
This thread was already done and no, Fallout can't be set anywhere than in US because the whole point of it is the Vaults, Enclave, BoS etc. are all in the US.
Sorry I didn't think to search beforehand.

While I am very much aware the series is meant to be the parody of the American dream and American values circa 1950, may I ask to the people who think it should remain state side, hwere should the next few games be set? The poster who suggested Florida has a good idea but surely won't you run out of places in the US to set it eventually?

Odegauger

Apr 7, 2010
370999 said:
Who Dares Wins said:

While I am very much aware the series is meant to be the parody of the American dream and American values circa 1950, may I ask to the people who think it should remain state side, hwere should the next few games be set? The poster who suggested Florida has a good idea but surely won't you run out of places in the US to set it eventually?
Then the series should just stop.

sdmblack

Apr 18, 2010
370999 said:
Whoa lost my thread virginity is making this. And just like sex this will be akward and clumsy so stick with me.

Anyways I was wondering where the next Fallout game should be set. We will assume it will have the same type of gameplay as New Vegas, and as such won't be an MMO (let's assume that is a seperate entry and Fallout won't become an exclusively MMO series). The US has been pretty well covered in the main entries and seems to be well on the path of putting itself together. Would people be opposed to setting the series in mainland China or Europe, or would people feel that would mean it has jumped the shark? It would mean there would be little reason forthere to be supermutants, the Enclave, NCR or Brotherhood.

Opinions and suggestions with reasons?

Cheers
I've been waiting for a chance like this! okay, so it's like, 50 years in the future, you are some other vault dweller-person, possibly related to the lone wanderer. this is taking place in the capital wasteland, and your going about your buisness when, BAM chinese forces invade. you have to rally the brotherhood of steel, the ncr, and all the groups accross the country to push back and eliminate the threat, possibly ending up with going to china (this is 50 years after new vegas, so its possible we could get some kind of ships or ... something together. or maybe just steal theirs :p) this came out of my wish to see liberty prime again, so hed show up in a dramatic battle at some point too, rebuilt and upgraded.

May 17, 2010
Odegauger said:
370999 said:
Who Dares Wins said:

Then the series should just stop.
Sadly I don't think restraint is high priority for the games industry.

Morayman

Oct 3, 2007
I came up with my own uk fallout concept (purely in my head of course).

I imagined that you would play as the last of the royal family (being one of the few in the country lucky enough to have a vault, possibly vault tec brought over from america or british counterpart) and you venture out into an obliterated london and try and reunite the city. but of course the place is swarming with the obligatory raiders, mutant animals (like badgers and foxes xD) and a british strain of super mutants (it makes sense so me that the brits would have information of the FEV and would probably of tried to create their own version). unfortuanyely for your big royal plan, the city has become home to numerous mini "kingdoms" all of which enjoy trying to snub each other out (after all, war never changes). it could be a question of trying to wipe them all out, or allying with those 'kings' who you agree with (be them tyrannical despots or benevolent rulers) and retaking the ruins of london...

yes i make up alot of stuff in my head.