Fallout/Elder Scrolls Misc. Item That Completes Your Character

2HF

May 24, 2011
I'm also quite fond of the Scoped .44 Magnum. I rarely use it because I do carry more powerful weapons but I love walking around with that thing. I have to pick it up whenever I see it in the wastes or in a shop to keep my own in good condition and I compulsively buy ever .44 round I lay eyes on.

Trippy Turtle

Elite Member
May 10, 2010
I collected paint brushes in Oblivion although that was in part to get to places. Oh and Skooma is always a must have.

Eddie the head

Feb 22, 2012
DustyDrB said:
Rednog said:
I'm still wearing the tattered rage on my skyrim hero just because I'm playing him as a crazy old homeless man who goes around shiving people and taking their sweet rolls. If a person has a sweet roll in their house you bet he is going to break into their house at night, ransack the place, slit their throats, and take that sweet roll.

....And he just happens to be a Dragonborn....
Please do an in-character Let's Play. Please.
I never watch lets plays and I'd watch that.

Kyber

Oct 14, 2009
In Skyrim i always kept the emperor's robes with me even tho they are completely useless, i just like them for the swag.
I always keep trophies in a chest every game, like the armor or a weapon you get in the end of a questline or unique item, no matter how much money i'd get from selling them i dont.

ThePenguinKnight

Mar 30, 2012
Fallout 3
------------
Issue 14 of the Grognak The Barbarian comic given to you by Amata for your birthday. It is the symbol of my transition from boy to man and a reminder of a love forever lost. Sometimes I even regret beating her father to death with my bare hands, stripping him down, and posing him in homoerotic positions with his guards. -Eyes Tear Up- FOREVER ALONE!

Death Carr

Less Than 3D
Mar 30, 2011
In Skyrim my Argonian named "Prisoner" always carries around a goblet and a plate. I like to think its because he never knows when he'll need to eat or drink and he doesn't like the idea of eating off the ground.

Aug 20, 2011
In Fallout: New Vegas I decided that my character needed glasses, and that no matter what weight limits/alternative items I found I would always keep a pair on. Not exactly "miscellaneous" since they included the "four eyes" perk, and the glasses have some effects of their own, but I thought it gave my character a little more personality. I also always wore a cowboy hat, even when I had helmets that would have provided better protection. Just liked the way it looked.

Eclectic Dreck

Sep 3, 2008
In classic fallout, it is and shall always be the Pancor Jackhammer. In more recent fallout titles, I'd say it's A Light Shining in the Darkness - the only thing that makes Lonesome Hearts worth playing.

Skyrim it was probably Chillrend. The enchantment is fine I suppose but where it really shines is in base capacity do do damage. It is simply the most devestating 1 handed sword in the game. Assuming of course you complete the associated quest at level 46 or higher. Previous elder scrolls had no such weapon for me. Daedric seems logical enough as far as such choices go.

Ranorak

Tamer of the Coffee mug!
Feb 17, 2010
The dull thuds of steel ripping into flesh scared off what birds remained in the tree tops.
A direct hit to the massive beasts' forearm, yet it didn't flinch at all. Before the woman inflicting the wound was in a proper fighting stance again, the wound started healing.
"damned trolls." the Nordic woman thought to herself. She made her way back into that fight that had shifted several meters away from her.
The beast had ambushed the two nords. Randoak and his housecarl Lydia had made the error of passing the Frost trolls lair, causing it to attack.
It's two fists clutched together came crashing down on the steel shield of Randoak, the blow staggered him back, but it cleared an opening for Lydia to step in and bury her blade into it's abdomen. A direct hit! But the strong muscles of the beast made it hard to pull the sword out on time, and the few extra seconds she needed to pull the blade clean, were a few seconds she couldn't afford. Too late she let go of the hilt to step away, instead she felt the rough claws of it's paws ripping through her throat. She felt the stuffing of her armour rapidly going warm with blood as her vision grew dark.
"Damnable Beast!" Randoak shouted as he used his shield to cover the body of his friend. it only took a few more swings with his sword to bring the mortally wounded creature down.
He looked down at the corpse of his fallen housecarl. Now he was sworn to carry this burden. He dug a nearby hole in the deep snow using his shield, and placed her body in it.
Back home, he enchanted her sword with a fire enchant and used the soul of the Frost Troll to fuel it.

Lydia's Scorn would never leave his side again,

loc978

Sep 18, 2010
My Fallout characters rarely wear armor (except for my close-combat girl), and they never wear helmets, despite Project Nevada making unarmored headshots absolutely devastating. They also all have some defining bit to their appearance, whether it be

He also carries around a harmonica and sheet music.

...forgot I have him in the leather jacket (lightweight leather armor my ass, it's the one-sleeved Mel special from the first games) now that I have the Courier's Stash... used to run around in a merc cruiser outfit.

This one carries around a copy of Nikola Tesla and You for light reading. Also a copy of Grognak the Barbarian issue 14 and a copy of Paradise Lost... for sentimental value.

In addition to the shovel she was buried with after being popped in the noggin, she also carries around two dino toys (one she found in a raider camp on a log, the other in an abandoned shack) and she makes 'em fight [http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y65f_0Zu-5Y] during downtime.

Jitters Caffeine

Sep 10, 2011
I usually pick a character to play in Fallout games, and my last run in New Vegas I was playing as Revolver Ocelot. So I went around with every different revolver I could find. Before that, I was playing the Wasteland Priest simply named "Father" and I carried around the copy of the "scripture" you get from Joshua Grahm while cleansing the Mojave of the godless.

Mozza444

Nov 19, 2009
In Bethesda i always find it beneficial to just choose perks to define a character rather than actually making yourself powerful. I mean if your character really is that shitty, lower the difficulty and you'll find you're having a hell of a lot more fun.

Fallout - I will always be a cannibal and often pick up the Mr.Sandman perk, this allows me to kill people in their sleep and then eat them.
I also never wear the best armour available and only carry a primary, secondary and melee weapon with me along with a pair of binoculars.
EDIT: Oh and in fallout i always start with the longest and messiest hair style and then get it cut at the first opportunity to the style that i actually want it.

Skyrim - Much harder to find 'clothes' as such in this game everything decent is armour and there are much more distinguished tiers than in fallout.
I never wear a helm, always a hood.
I try to eat and drink often.
Always collect soul gem fragments.

Think that is it.

Mordekaien

Sep 3, 2010
Fallout New Vegas: Harmonica and a pack of cigarettes. Because my post-apocalyptic cowboy is not complete without those.
In Oblivion: I never wear armor, on my torso, only a brown/white tunic and blacksmith pants.
In Skyrim, I carried a Hagraven claw with me (fro the first one I killed)

JasonKaotic

Mar 18, 2009
When I played Morrowind while I was about 10 or something, for some reason I really loved Ash Statues. I thought I was clever for finding them. I'unno. So I'd always have an inventory crammed with Ash Statues.

snagli

Jan 21, 2011
I had to kill the Emperor in Skyrim. So I went to his ship, killed his guards, and I had him where I wanted. I pulled out the Wabbajack and turned him into a sweetroll. Now I have a sweetroll in my pocket where ever I go, knowing that it once was the most powerful man in the Empire. I'm not going to eat it, why would I? Maybe his tortured soul in still inside that thing, screaming inside a sweet little ball of dough.

Dec 14, 2009
The Bison Steve hotel in Fallout New Vegas.

In one room, there's a safe that contains the revolver called Lucky.

In the same room, there's also a teddy bear on the ground. My Courier decided that the revolver, the teddy and herself, would walk the wastes together.

Lucky Revolver

Lucky Teddy

Lucky Courier (she has a 9 in Luck :D)

paislyabmj

Mar 25, 2012
I really like the tunnel snakes outfit but have to upgrade to something less stylish early on because of stats(you know that feature Shamus was talking about in his half naked elf thing from LOTR online, well bethesda need to start using it sharpish).

EDIT: oh and you know the hollowed out rock care package near megaton. I always kept the "as requested" note from it long after the sniper rifle was gone, I guess I wanted to find the guy who had done it to ask him why he did it and who requested it,I never found him though.

BLAHwhatever

Aug 30, 2011
Damn the power armors, damn that stealth suit from one of the addons, damn merc outfits, jumpsuits and leather jackets. It's always a simple wastelander outfit, no hat and my trusted hunting rifle stealthing around the wasteland looking for easy prey.
A guy that abandoned rules and morality for pure survival on his own