Fallout: *Insert City Here*

Zantos

Jan 5, 2011
I don't know if this a good idea or flop or whatever, but it happens in every Fallout thread so I thought it might be worth a shot.

So tell us about where you're from. Would it make a good Fallout location? Does it already look and feel like a good Fallout location or would it literally need a nuclear war to get it that nasty? Or if you like, tell us about a place you don't like (such as Manchester) and how it's already a destroyed city filled with mutants and guns.

Avoiding my usual attack on Manchester and Hull, I spend most of my time in the lovely Yorkshire city of Leeds. It doesn't have any of the major landmarks, but there's still plenty of places to sit up top with a gauss rifle and fire at students (or deathclaws, whatever). One of the buildings looks like it came out of the wasteland. Who designs a building to look like rust anyway?

Dr Pussymagnet

a real piece of shit
Dec 20, 2007
Houston, Texas, but I doubt that would make an interesting Fallout game. Hell that wouldn't make an interesting setting for any video game.

teebeeohh

Jun 17, 2009
Fallout Munich, even after the nuclear holocaust it would still be a boring place full of self-centered stuck-up people

TheIronRuler

Mar 18, 2011
Zantos said:
I don't know if this a good idea or flop or whatever, but it happens in every Fallout thread so I thought it might be worth a shot.

So tell us about where you're from. Would it make a good Fallout location? Does it already look and feel like a good Fallout location or would it literally need a nuclear war to get it that nasty? Or if you like, tell us about a place you don't like (such as Manchester) and how it's already a destroyed city filled with mutants and guns.

Avoiding my usual attack on Manchester and Hull, I spend most of my time in the lovely Yorkshire city of Leeds. It doesn't have any of the major landmarks, but there's still plenty of places to sit up top with a gauss rifle and fire at students (or deathclaws, whatever). One of the buildings looks like it came out of the wasteland. Who designs a building to look like rust anyway?
New Caanine, Mormons.
I would love to see them pull a "Book of Mormon musical".
Probably not going to happen.

mikespoff

Oct 29, 2009
Fallout: Johannesburg.

Damn, that city is scary enough even before the nuclear holocaust...

otakon17

Jun 21, 2010
TriggerHappyAngel said:
Fallout: Chernobyl, think about it, that town is perfect for a post-apocalyptic game!
Dude, that's redundant! Hell, how about Fallout: Hong Kong. I know China was supposed to be ashes but there's a possibility survivors a still wandering. It would be nice for a 180 degree change on perspective at least.

Ace of Spades

Jul 12, 2008
London, mostly because the novelty of sniping Deathclaws from atop Big Ben would never wear out for me.

Airsoftslayer93

Minecraft King
Mar 17, 2010
Fallout london could work, the Recent Mass effect 3 trailer showed how effective it could look destroyed.

Wuvlycuddles

Oct 29, 2009
Fallout: Stroud.

Place is already a crater filled with mutants..... could work! Maybe a bit small though.

tg851

May 29, 2011
TriggerHappyAngel said:
Fallout: Chernobyl, think about it, that town is perfect for a post-apocalyptic game!
that's crazy enough that just might work!
fallout Toronto considering Toronto layout it would work perfectly

Zantos

Jan 5, 2011
Airsoftslayer93 said:
Fallout london could work, the Recent Mass effect 3 trailer showed how effective it could look destroyed.
Sod that, it's looking pretty destroyed now. Never mind waiting until the, I dunno, is it 23rd century for ME setting?

J_Monsterface said:
i heard that theyre gonna make a fallout: detroit, and its gonna be set in the present day
Nice one, it reminds me of this.

kouriichi

Sep 5, 2010
Fallout: Hawaii.

They didnt actually get nuked when the war happened. You play a local whos living his life normally ((when compaired to the other FO games)) when a giant iron ship shows up full of raiders, turning your semi-apocalyptic island into a full on hell.

trollnystan

I'm back, baby, & still dancing!
Dec 27, 2010
No, it's much too small to make a good Fallout city. Stockholm would maybe work though. Maybe.

krazykraig

May 24, 2011
Fallout England, were rioting everywhere now, from london to liverpool, this country's going down!

Jodan

Mar 18, 2009
winnipeg but only cause i live here though i always thought it would make a wicked gta game