Fallout new vegas news...

lysiaboy

Feb 17, 2010
Some DLC news which is interesting/bad.

apparently there might be up to 8 DLC's for new Vegas, which is awesome!!

on the other hand, the effective DLC manager for new vegas has said that there will be no gameplay beyond the ending (like broken steel in fallout 3), so we're always going to be stuck with the original ending.

YAY/BOO?

.No.

Dec 29, 2010
I thought that The Lonesome Road was the last one.
bam13302 said:
i think part of that 8 includes the pre-order 'dlc' like the caravan pack
This is most likely the case. I would enjoy more DLC, but the next one is most likely the last.

mirror's edgy

Sep 30, 2010
I admit, you got my hopes up there for a minute. Realistically, I think that the released DLC packs and Lonesome Road is just the right amount of new game content and side stories with independent narratives and a unique tone. They worked very well in this format, but I don't think they should milk the New Vegas engine more than necessary.

But I still tear up when I realize that (considering the legal slap-fight between Interplay and Bethesda) this could be the end of the series.

lovest harding

Dec 6, 2009
mirror said:
I admit, you got my hopes up there for a minute. Realistically, I think that the released DLC packs and Lonesome Road is just the right amount of new game content and side stories with independent narratives and a unique tone. They worked very well in this format, but I don't think they should milk the New Vegas engine more than necessary.

But I still tear up when I realize that (considering the legal slap-fight between Interplay and Bethesda) this could be the end of the series.
How would it be the end (I'm honestly curious)? I thought the only thing being disputed was the MMO version. And if a Fallout MMO never comes to life, that wouldn't stop Bethesda from making/publishing more single player games in the universe.

mirror's edgy

Sep 30, 2010
lovest harding said:
mirror said:

How would it be the end (I'm honestly curious)? I thought the only thing being disputed was the MMO version. And if a Fallout MMO never comes to life, that wouldn't stop Bethesda from making/publishing more single player games in the universe.
As I understand, Bethesda had bought rights to the Fallout IP on the condition that they could make three games (Fallout 3 and New Vegas makes 2) and Interplay had the rights to make the Fallout MMO. This was going fine until Bethesda claimed that Interplay was disregarding some of their established continuity, and demanded the rights to the MMO. Interplay then tried to counter-sue and get back the full rights to the Fallout IP. I can't see a bright future for the series unless Bethesda manages to win and outsources the next game to Obsidian again.

PixelKing

Moderately confused.
Sep 4, 2009
It is counting the four pre-orders. In the lucky 38 it displays the DLC snowglobs and there is only room for 4.

lovest harding

Dec 6, 2009
mirror said:
lovest harding said:
mirror said:

As I understand, Bethesda had bought rights to the Fallout IP on the condition that they could make three games (Fallout 3 and New Vegas makes 2) and Interplay had the rights to make the Fallout MMO. This was going fine until Bethesda claimed that Interplay was disregarding some of their established continuity, and demanded the rights to the MMO. Interplay then tried to counter-sue and get back the full rights to the Fallout IP. I can't see a bright future for the series unless Bethesda manages to win and outsources the next game to Obsidian again.
I thought they bought the IP outright. xD
In any case, if they can pull out a third game, I'll be happy.