Fallout: New Vegas - RoboCom way too dark inside?

Korten12

Now I want ma...!
Aug 26, 2009
So I got to RoboCom, to get out the Ghouls and I can barely do anything since it is so dark I can't do anything.

I also got brightness to max, ingame and on my monitor.

EDIT: Fixed, used the pip-boy light.

SomethingUnrelated

Aug 29, 2009
I've found several environments in New Vegas and 3 to be really very dark, but no where near as bad as what you're experiencing. Wouldn't know anything about your situation either, as I never reached that point in the game.

At the risk of coming off as naive, try your Pip-Boy light?

Ilikemilkshake

Jun 7, 2010
Damn, looks like you got a glitch because it shouldnt be like that.
If you're playing on the PC, verify your game cache via steam and it could fix it for you
Otherwise maybe get something with night vision and just bear with it?

Korten12

Now I want ma...!
Aug 26, 2009
Squid94 said:
I've found several environments in New Vegas and 3 to be really very dark, but no where near as bad as what you're experiencing. Wouldn't know anything about your situation either, as I never reached that point in the game.

Ah, forgot about that... Whats the button for the pip-boy light?

manaman

Sep 2, 2007
Korten12 said:
Squid94 said:

Same as the button you use to get to your menu. Just hold it down for a bit. TAB is the default for that.

Korten12

Now I want ma...!
Aug 26, 2009
manaman said:
Korten12 said:
Squid94 said:

Same as the button you use to get to your menu. Just hold it down for a bit. TAB is the default for that.
Tried it, wow, thanks! I have a brain fart moment... :(

SomethingUnrelated

Aug 29, 2009
Korten12 said:
Squid94 said:

Hold down...

B if you're on 360
Circle if you're on PS3
O if you're on PC

nexekho

Jan 12, 2011
What's Robocom? I don't recognise the name (maybe RobCo?) and can't find an entry for it on the Wiki.

loc978

Sep 18, 2010
...there's no RobCo facility in New Vegas... do you mean Repconn?

Also, the fellout mod will make it a little dark inside, I suppose, but that looks like a glitch. PipBoy light for the win.

loc978

Sep 18, 2010
believer258 said:
I've got a good question:

Why the hell can't the Pip-Boy flashlight go any farther than three feet? It doesn't reach very far at all, and it annoys the hell out of me because I have to get my face into whatever I'm trying to look at. I want my flashlight to shine all the way down a hall!
I always assumed you just turned up the brightness on the screen, kind of like using your cell phone as a flashlight.
That's why I have a mod to turn the light green.

DustyDrB

Made of ticky tacky
Jan 19, 2010
Holy shit, man! I can't see anything in that picture other than the HUD. That has to be a glitch. I had issues with some places being too dark in Fallout 3 (pretty much any train station), but not so much in New Vegas.

Yikes. I wouldn't be able to deal with that.

Hyper-space

Nov 25, 2008
These were one of my favorite moments in Fallout 3, the creepy, darker-than-hell ruinous buildings filled with Ghouls.

I remember it was at the edge of the map, near that place with the crazy Nuka-Cola collector. It was some rundown office building, and i remember hearing those creepy-ass ghouls hack and vomit and scream. Pure motherfucking atmosphere.

FalloutJack

Bah weep grah nah neep ninny bom
Nov 20, 2008
Korten12 said:
So I got to RoboCom, to get out the Ghouls and I can barely do anything since it is so dark I can't do anything.

I also got brightness to max, ingame and on my monitor.

EDIT: Fixed, used the pip-boy light.
Additional: Probably for moments like these, aside from the light, there's a chem drug called Cat's Eye or something that gives you natural enhanced vision.

Trolldor

Jan 20, 2011
I got me a flashlight mod. Unfortunately my old computer can't handle it too well, so I just got a nightvision mod instead.

OP - you should trying getting one.