Fallout News Coming Tomorrow Morning

JohnnyDelRay

Jul 29, 2010
Is this post honestly....news, about news, about NEWS coming out, about a game?? :D

WOW!

Fallout tho, how can anyone not be excited. Another vision of a post apocalyptic city! Good timing after Mad Max. Radscorpions and Deathclaws, prepare to meet thy fate!

It's about time we were allowed to bust down doors, looking for lockpicks gets tedious quick. And sneaking and stealing, sometimes it's just easier to shoot the person and take their shit.

Objectable

Oct 31, 2013
New morse code transmissions linked to and actual broadcasting ham radio station

-.-. ?.- / -.-. ?.- / -.-. ?.- / -? ? - / .. ? / ?. ? -. . / .. .. / -? ? - / .. ? / ?. ? -. . / -. / ?. .?. . / ..-. .-. . ?.- / ?? ?.- ?.. ?? / .-. - / ?. -? / .- ? . .-. .. -.-. .-

CQ CQ CQ BST IS GONE II BST IS GONE N HPE FREQ 3450 RT GB AMERICA

Roughly translates to:

Calling all Stations, Calling all Stations, Calling all Stations, Boston is Gone, repeat, Boston is Gone No hope. Frequency 3450 (Return?). Goodbye America.

If you tune to that ham station, you can hear a nuclear air raid siren and garbled speech saying new york is gone.

Arnoxthe1

Elite Member
Dec 25, 2010
I know I'm going to get soooo much flak for this but... I didn't like New Vegas at all and wanted another Elder Scrolls which I feel has tons more potential for improvement than Fallout.

Bring on the hate.

Strazdas

Robots will replace your job
May 28, 2011
Now i wish Bethesda would troll people and do another Tunnel Snakes for a few hours before changing it into a real announcement.

KaiRai

Jun 2, 2008
Yakostovian said:
Soviet Heavy said:
Bethesda, please stay on the East Coast and leave the West Coast to Obsidian.

Unless this announcement also comes with the caveat that all the writing will be covered by Sawyer and Avellone. Then we'll be good.
I'd like to see any new location. Texas, New York, Seattle would all be good. Boston is also acceptable, but not the Capital Wasteland again.
I think Fallout: Texas would be utterly brilliant! New York could get a bit crowded though.

OT: My fave was Fallout: NV. I loved 3, but NV was just....Brilliant. I hope they bring back all the weapons mods etc. I've another 300 hours to put into Fallout.

Pjotr84

Oct 22, 2009
VladG said:
Am I the only one slightly disappointed Bethesda is doing another Fallout instead of Obsidian? Bethesda just doesn't know what makes Fallout Fallout, they'll just end up making Skyrim with guns (mark my words, it's going to be a much more mountainous area this time).

Not that Skyrim with guns won't be fun... but it just wont't live up to Fallout.
I don't have any confidence in Bethesda when it comes to Fallout either. At least F4 will be made using Skyrim's engine, so it opens up a lot of modding possibilities, hopefully even a complete story overhaul as was done with 3.

Demagogue

Sperm Alien
Mar 26, 2009
One more hour folks.... place your final bets... MMO, FO4, Retro BS?

My money is on FO4.

Lil_Rimmy

Mar 19, 2011
I really want them to do a super, super fucking hype show with a massive awesome trailer filled with nothing but sweeping shots of Wasteland, epic narration and old music, before their PR guy gets up on stage just as the title rolls in and starts shouting up the hype.

The word Fallout is stamped onto the screen by a machine arm, then a laser swings down and scorches:

...3: Companion Armour, only $4.99 coming September the 11th!

Then actually reveal Fallout 4.

OT:

srs doe, I really want Fallout 4 to both simultaneously be a thing and also not. I was super excited about the hoax a while back, so either way will result in me being pleasantly surprised and having a good laugh if they don't reveal Fallout. But between the Witcher 3, XCom 2, potential Fallout and more, these years of gaming are looking good.

Mar 30, 2010
FalloutJack said:
StewShearer said:
10AM. If it were nine, I could check it out before I go to work.
Just been caught out by this. Logged in to find the timer still has one hour to go.

EDIT - Gah, countdown is over and Stand By logo remains. Someone at Bethesda has a sick sense of humour.

EDIT EDIT - Thanks [user]Kallie[/user]!

Lil_Rimmy

Mar 19, 2011
The timer is done, let's see what happens!

edit:

Argh, nothings happening but occasionally the page reloads and I think something will XD

ChaplainOrion

Nov 7, 2011
This popped up instead of the trailer
"PA system failure has occured. Shutdown of the Masterbrain has been authorized and all sensitive materials have been removed for security purposes. Please attempt re-access. Have a pleasant day."

EHKOS

Madness to my Methods
Feb 28, 2010
Dammit, it's an ARG or something. I'm so terrible at these puzzles.

the7ofswords

Apr 9, 2009
Halle-god-damn-lujah! It's for reals!!! Awesome trailer!

When can I freakin', PLAY it already?!?!?

Lil_Rimmy

Mar 19, 2011
Well, some sort of light ARG may have been found, but on the other hand it seems pre-orders are up. Also:

HOLY SHIT FLYING THINGS!
HOLY SHIT MORE FLYING THINGS!
HOLY SHIT YOU ARE IN A FLYING THING!
HOLY SHIT DOG!
HOLY SHIT THE wander has a voice?

Are they going for a fully voiced character like Alpha Protocol/Mass Effect, or maybe it was just for the trailer? On the other hand...:

HOLY SHIT MORE FALLOUT!