Fallout Online, who would you be?

pdgeorge

Dec 25, 2008
I know that "Fallout Online" isn't new news, it also isn't even all that special at the moment but I've finished fallout: New Vegas, came across old info and thought what the hell.

Assuming you don't automatically start at vault 9384, the vault with a built in 'player character spawn point' with a malfunctioning 'idiot inhibitor chip' (this is simply to account for the idiots that will be spawning in that vault) then you'll likely have one of a few choices.

When you start, you have a choice of choosing what 'race' you are. Brotherhood, enclave, raider, vault dweller, ghoul or super mutant.
Who would you go with, and why?

PS: If I'm missing someone that you want to be, just say it. Don't cry that I didn't mention all 142 factions you could possibly be a part of.

Flying-Emu

Oct 30, 2008
... Race?

The Brotherhood and Enclave are opposing factions, all filled almost entirely with humans. Raiders are just bandits formed into gangs (once again factions) and vault-dwellers couldn't even be called a faction, since there's no organization between the Vaults, and as we see in EVERY FALLOUT GAME, Vaults have a nasty tendency of ending up filled with dead bodies.

Regardless.

I am SOOOO going to be a wandering merchant in Fallout Online, if I'm given the option. Get my Brahmin, my .357 revolver, and make metric tons of caps on the caravan routes between the Mojave Wasteland and the Hub.

Also; Fallout Online, RP servers or bust!

Jedoro

Jun 28, 2009
Regulator, NCR Veteran Ranger, or anyone else who wears a duster as their uniform.

Korten12

Now I want ma...!
Aug 26, 2009
Flying-Emu said:
... Race?

The Brotherhood and Enclave are opposing factions, all filled almost entirely with humans. Raiders are just bandits formed into gangs (once again factions) and vault-dwellers couldn't even be called a faction, since there's no organization between the Vaults, and as we see in EVERY FALLOUT GAME, Vaults have a nasty tendency of ending up filled with dead bodies.

Regardless.

I am SOOOO going to be a wandering merchant in Fallout Online, if I'm given the option. Get my Brahmin, my .357 revolver, and make metric tons of caps on the caravan routes between the Mojave Wasteland and the Hub.

I hope they have an RP server, that would be AWESOME! :D

Jul 22, 2009
If possibly I'd like to be a Follower of the Apocalypse...

Preferably one who goes out to scavenge for supplies or contact far reaching communities :3

Flying-Emu

Oct 30, 2008
Korten12 said:
Flying-Emu said:
... Race?

Regardless.

I hope they have an RP server, that would be AWESOME! :D
Considering how alive the Fallout Online forums are with requests for RP servers (Saw one thread with some 400+ responses), I think they would be absolutely nuts to NOT include them.

Plus, I KNOW I can't be the only person who plays the Fallout games in character.

Blazingdragoon04

May 22, 2009
I'd probably wanna be one of the scientists from the Commonwealth, that briefly mentioned area of the country from Fallout 3 that we have never seen anything of nor really know a lot about. Seems like a cool place to be from, and where a LOT of cool, yet unseen pre-war and post-war tech will likely be found.

Not only do I get to represent my homestate, but I also hold onto the notion that if I work in the Commonwealth in Fallout Online that maybe, just maybe, I'd be able to get my own Liberty Prime to use in fights.

Korten12

Now I want ma...!
Aug 26, 2009
Flying-Emu said:
Considering how alive the Fallout Online forums are with requests for RP servers (Saw one thread with some 400+ responses), I think they would be absolutely nuts to NOT include them.

Plus, I KNOW I can't be the only person who plays the Fallout games in character.
This may sound stupid but I think it would be awesome if they added voice reconigition to Fallout 4. Like how you speak to them, your tone and everything would determine how they respond to you. I don't know but I think that would be amazing! :D

AnAngryMoose

Nov 12, 2009
twistedheat15 said:
Nightkin! Sitting invisible in irradiated areas with a sniper rifle...
I can't imagine a Nightkin using a sniper rifle...

OT: I'd be a raider. Nothing more fun than being a Machiavellian sonuvabitch. I'd roll with the Khans if possible. They have standards.

Jazoni89

Dec 24, 2008
Im not holding my breath expecting this game to be released because of the whole Bethesda vs interplay court case and all, but if it did ever come out i would play as a vault dweller like this guy.

Yes this is a pre-alpha screen of Fallout online. It was used in the court case as a prove of concept. The style looks very Borderlands i must say.

Skelebob124156

May 19, 2010
Enclave, they are the most badass faction (shame you couldn't join them in Fallout 3 or New Vegas) Why? Best Armour, Best guns, and Vertibirds. Why does every game seem to want to have some MMO spin off thing though? Only a couple of MMO's really do well and most are pure crap.
Stick to a single player Fallout, though admittidly killing stragers for the Enclave does sound like fun.

pdgeorge

Dec 25, 2008
Blazingdragoon04 said:
I'd probably wanna be one of the scientists from the Commonwealth, that briefly mentioned area of the country from Fallout 3 that we have never seen anything of nor really know a lot about. Seems like a cool place to be from, and where a LOT of cool, yet unseen pre-war and post-war tech will likely be found.

Not only do I get to represent my homestate, but I also hold onto the notion that if I work in the Commonwealth in Fallout Online that maybe, just maybe, I'd be able to get my own Liberty Prime to use in fights.
I remembered that quest. That androids rifle was game killing for me. (I picked it up, and everything in my path didn't stand a chance. It was fun to just have a powerful gun that didn't seem that powerful. Plus getting the implant chip at the same time made me feel accomplished since I screwed over the commonwealth guy pretty thoroughly)

I wouldn't picture someone from comm. to have a liberty prime, I would expect it to be more an army of androids similar to (spoilers for new Vegas)
Mr. New Vegas' massive if you choose to side with him or take the independent route.[/independant]

btw: When I said "Race" earlier, I meant it like 'faction' 'team' or whatever, I just couldn't remember the correct term and since there is different factions AND different race's I just stuck with 'Race' since it tends to be the most universal term for MMO's (since they generally are all different races)

Personally, I would go Vault Dweller, just for authentication purposes. You can sculpt him into being the sort of character you want, get a feel for the game and then restart as whatever other team you feel looks better. After V.D. I'd probably go as Brotherhood or Enclave, depending on how things go. I'd have a feeling the only difference between the two will be minor aesthetic things, small differences in quests etc. etc.
I was really unhappy with them using a courier in NV as the main character. As a Vault Dweller it's understandable for you to not know who is what, but for the Courier to not know who the NCR was, or MR. House, or New Vegas etc. etc. it just didn't make sense.

Nom Pretentieux

Aug 2, 2010
I'd definitely be a diplomat all the way. I sort of wish the game would turn out to be a bit like EVE in that it's consistent and you gain real jobs and interact in a real economy. That'd be cool. Would be cool to make a speech/charisma/barter/intelligence focused character and become and ambassador or politician or something like it.

hardband

Nov 21, 2009
Ghoul all the way. Don't know why, I just just like them as characters...

... And id kill every human i could :p