Fallout Online, who would you be?

Creator002

Aug 30, 2010
I'd be a Ghoul. Being immune to and healed by radiation? Hell yes. Got some arsehole chasing and shooting at you across the wasteland? Run and swim under the irradiated water.

Though, knowing people, it might be hard "living" as a Ghoul. If people are to "immersed" into the game world, they may be racist towards you. EG. They won't trade with you, they shoot you on sight. Maybe even Ghoul hunting parties *shudder*.

revenge6000

Oct 14, 2009
I've been wanting to play as a ghoul ever since I finished playing through the very first Fallout! I think they have the most interesting stories. They're basically immortal, so they've been around forever. They're immune to radiation, so they can explore anywhere. And they can't get FEV'd, so super mutants aren't total dicks to them.

Quicksilver_Phoenix

Apr 14, 2009
Wait wait wait.

You're giving us the option of being a super mutant? I'd definitely pick that then. It'd be massively unbalanced, but that's cool .

iLikeHippos

Jan 19, 2010
I would be that one asshole-ish guy who would set a random house on fire, scream "HELP, MY BABY IS IN THERE!" and finish off whoever is nice enough to try rescue my unexistant relative.

Hopefully, I'd be able to loot the valuables before they suffer heavy burn damage from one unconscious man with a newly dent in his skull from a pipe of mine.

Unfortunately since a game is often limited to certain actions, I suppose I'd just stick with being a raider... Sigh...!

rb26dett

Nov 18, 2009
Creator002 said:
Maybe even Ghoul hunting parties *shudder*.
Wasn't this the main idea when ghouls were invented?

Anyway, Brotherhood or Enclave, I don't care as long as it's a serious military force

DukeOfStupid

Mar 8, 2009
Ghouls all the way, and it would be call if there were subfactions like normal or feral ghoul (though the feral would probably get raped XD) or normal supermutant and nightkin etc.

mad825

Mar 28, 2010
Jazoni89 said:
Im not holding my breath expecting this game to be released because of the whole Bethesda vs interplay court case and all,
the court case is over for a while now, in April Bethesda dropped the appeal against interplay .

Jazoni89

Dec 24, 2008
mad825 said:
Jazoni89 said:
Im not holding my breath expecting this game to be released because of the whole Bethesda vs interplay court case and all,
the court case is over for a while now, in April Bethesda dropped the appeal against interplay .
Not true, the court case is resuming next month after a year of Bethesda being refused a preliminary injunction from the courts. So the Mmo is still pretty much up in the air despite the official announcement of the game and the opening of the offical site and forum.

http://fallout.wikia.com/wiki/Fallout_Online

http://fallout.wikia.com/wiki/Bethesda_Softworks_LLC_v._Interplay_Entertainment_Corporation

pdgeorge

Dec 25, 2008
Creator002 said:
rb26dett said:
Creator002 said:
Maybe even Ghoul hunting parties *shudder*.
Wasn't this the main idea when ghouls were invented?
I don't understand what you mean. That Ghouls were invented to be hunted?
Ghouls were hated by people because they were 'different' (suffered massive radiation poisoning yet didn't die) so people naturally turned on them. They all assumed ghouls were all horrible zombies (since you should assume most peoples first impression with a ghoul would be "OH MY GOD Where is all of his flesh!?" and that's even assuming their first encounter isn't with a Feral Ghoul that is just flat out trying to kill them in a mindless state)

Honestly, I never got ghouls.
"If you get too much radiation poisoning... you die... unless your lucky/unlucky in which case you don't die, you just become a ghoul that can't reproduce but can life for many hundreds of years"
There is a lot of times when you see a person was ghoulified from too much radiation because of a sudden burst of it, or if it's a slow exposure over time. But other people it just flat out kills. There isn't really an explanation given about the difference between the two people.

One thing I'd like to see in a single player Fallout would be ghoulification. You take on too much radiation, you die, then stand back up as a ghoul. Whole new list of potentials. Formerly friendly places hate you, formerly hateful places love you, and then there is so many things that don't care and will kill/love you regardless.

Jazoni89

Dec 24, 2008
Ghostwise said:
Jazoni89 said:
Im not holding my breath expecting this game to be released because of the whole Bethesda vs interplay court case and all, but if it did ever come out i would play as a vault dweller like this guy.

Yes this is a pre-alpha screen of Fallout online. It was used in the court case as a prove of concept. The style looks very Borderlands i must say.
Never seen that before. Looks pretty good.

I would be a Mercenary wasteland wanderer I guess? I'll reserve my total decision until more on the game is released....if ever. I would play it in a heartbeat and I hate MMO's. Although DC Universe is pretty good fun. :)
Yeah but remember this is a very early prototype of game (say about six months to a year's worth of work). So it's probably not going to look too much like that by the time it comes out (if it ever comes out).

Vrach

Jun 17, 2010
Vault dweller out of those for sure.

Am a sort of a snipey inconspicuous character that wears light armor so Power Armor is useless, Super Mutants are too big and... conspicuous (Nightkin are just addicted to Stealth Boys, they're not actually invisible themselves), Enclave are a bunch of extreme Republican master race asshats, Raiders are just plain evil and backward mofos and since I play a female character and like girls who actually have all of their skin in the right places, ghouls are out too.

Also that picture above is kinda awesome for an MMO... possibly missed someone saying it above, but is it gonna be an action-MMO?

Jan 23, 2009
revenge6000 said:
I've been wanting to play as a ghoul ever since I finished playing through the very first Fallout! I think they have the most interesting stories. They're basically immortal, so they've been around forever. They're immune to radiation, so they can explore anywhere. And they can't get FEV'd, so super mutants aren't total dicks to them.
I'd go for ghouls also, seeing as how theyre like zombies with brains. That rocks.