Fallout Shelter is Coming to Xbox One and Windows 10

Steven Bogos

The Taco Man
Jan 17, 2013
Fallout Shelter is Coming to Xbox One and Windows 10

//cdn.themis-media.com/media/global/images/library/deriv/1290/1290349.png
Fallout Shelter will be available on Xbox One and Windows 10 on February 7.

Bethesda Softwork's Sims-esque vault simulator Fallout Shelter is making its way to the Xbox One and Windows 10 platforms. The game, which was originally released for android and iOS back in 2015 was eventually ported and released for PC last year [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/167934-Fallout-Shelter-Now-Available-on-PC#&gid=gallery_6337&pid=1]. The XB1/W10 version will be available on February 7, as a free download.

As the game will be a "play anywhere" title, player progress is retained across both Xbox One and Windows 10, meaning users can switch seamlessly between platforms and pick up where they left off, bringing all their saves, progress, and Achievements with them. The game has also been fully adapted to work with the Xbox One controller.

Since the game's original launch, it has continued to expand and add features, including Crafting, Scrapping, Pets, additional rooms, iconic Fallout 4 characters, and special Dweller customization options. The latest update was released earlier today [https://twitter.com/Fallout/status/827252856189239297] and allows players to turn their vault dwellers into secret agents.

[gallery=6898]

Source: Xbox Wire [http://news.xbox.com/2017/02/03/fallout-shelter-coming-to-xbox-one-and-windows-10-next-week/]

Matthew Lynch

Jun 26, 2010
Wait...the games already out on PC via the bethesda.net launcher, for at least half a year. I just played it 5 minutes ago

Zydrate

Apr 1, 2009
Finally! Bluestacks is giving me this "To continue using..." error/message and I can't play stuff :(

StatusNil

Oct 5, 2014
Matthew Lynch said:
Wait...the games already out on PC via the bethesda.net launcher, for at least half a year. I just played it 5 minutes ago
Yes, released last year, as the article states. This is for Windows 10, the latest scam.

Darth_Payn

Aug 5, 2009
I haven't played this since I uninstalled it from my iPad after it crashed so much. Now I gotta get the PC version!

Matthew Lynch

Jun 26, 2010
StatusNil said:
Matthew Lynch said:
Yes, released last year, as the article states. This is for Windows 10, the latest scam.
but thats what I;m playing it on *confused* I;m playing it on windows 10 as I write this...wait...microsoft are re-releasing the game...which ALREADY WORKS on windows 10, as working on windows 10...you're right, this is a little scammy.

Its not even worth getting in this version unless you wanna play it on console for some reason. It works fine on the current windows 10 version via bethesda.

Matthew Lynch

Jun 26, 2010
Revolutionary said:
And by windows 10 they mean windows store, which also means I won't play it.
me neither as I bet anything it won;t carry over your vault...meaning, oops, you'd need to start all over again, but don;t worry (sarcasm incoming) microsoft has these microtransactions waiting to help you out

ima420r

Aug 14, 2008
I had a lot of fun, and logged a lot of hours, playing this on my iPad. Never had any errors. I got bored with it though, and have tried all but the newest addons, but I'd play it again on Xbone/Win10. It's a good time waster and I like the Fallout universe.

I don't know why there is so much hate for the game. Isn't it free?

soren7550

Overly Proud New Yorker
Dec 18, 2008
I found it fun enough when it was first made available on PC. But soon enough I found myself at a bit of a wall, and soon after my computer just would never allow me to relaunch it.