Fallout Shelter Update Announced

Lizzy Finnegan

Mar 11, 2015
Fallout Shelter Update Announced

Fallout Shelter's big new update adds a new mode, new tools, and a new way to get gear.

One of the biggest surprises to come out of E3 this year was finally became available for Android [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/141169-Fallout-Shelter-Mobile-Game-Launches-for-itunes#&gid=gallery_4265&pid=1].

A new update is now available for both iOS and Android versions of the game, and adds new features, saving options, a new gameplay mode, and more. The game's new Survival Mode promises to refresh the game if you no longer feel challenged, and you can now collect loot from any raiders you kill after they attempt to raid your vault. In addition, a statistics page has been added to the Vault Dweller's Survival Guide to help you run your vault more efficiently.

Bethesda also teased a "mysterious individual" lurking around, with a bottle cap reward if you can positively identify them. You can skip tutorials, save your vault to the cloud, and play the game in Russian. And, if you're one of the lucky many who are playing on iOS, you will also receive Piper, from the upcoming Fallout 4, along with five free lunchboxes.

In other Fallout news, Bethesda released a new live action trailer [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/142848-Fallout-4-Live-Action-Trailer] for Fallout 4 earlier today, and it's a beauty.

vallorn

Tunnel Open, Communication Open.
Nov 18, 2009
Does it stop the Android version from permanently crashing, corrupting your save data and preventing the game from ever getting past the Bethesda logo? Because if not, Sod Off Bethesda.

And no, this isn't an isolated issue, this is a well known bug with the Android version of the game.

Lightknight

Mugwamp Supreme
Nov 26, 2008
This update limits the number of wasteland explorers to 10 (awful for those of us in the late game). Peruse the internet and you'll see that this decision is creating a huge stir. It also introduces a bug with collecting those people's findings if you apply this update with more than 10 out there but this can be worked around.

I will not be applying the update. How sad.

lord canti

May 30, 2009
vallorn said:
Does it stop the Android version from permanently crashing, corrupting your save data and preventing the game from ever getting past the Bethesda logo? Because if not, Sod Off Bethesda.

And no, this isn't an isolated issue, this is a well known bug with the Android version of the game.
It does indeed, it also wies out your vault.

emeril322

Jul 12, 2012
lord canti said:
vallorn said:

It does indeed, it also wies out your vault.
It doesn't fix the issue if you were already experiencing it. I stopped playing after my vault got the crashing bug, and just updated today (didn't uninstall in the meantime). When I tried to load up my vault, it's still worthless. Sorry Bethesda, I've no interest to play your mobile game. I'm not gonna invest all that time and effort all over again just to lose ANOTHER vault. I'll pass, see you on Nov 10th.

WhiteTigerShiro

Sep 26, 2008
So iOS users get a free Legendary dweller and lunchboxes. Meanwhile us Android users get... to eat shit and die? I hope this is at least a timed exclusive. I know a lot of people are on Apple products, but I'm so sick of being punished for not liking their products.