Family Guy's Seth MacFarlane Defends Brian's Death, Resurrection

BloodSquirrel

Jun 23, 2008
It did what it was designed to do and reminded people that this is still a show where anything can happen, despite the fact that it's been on for awhile.
Yeah, anything can happen, except it really won't because we'll hit the reset button.

Evonisia

Your sinner, in secret
Jun 24, 2013
So MovieBob was absolutely correct in his assumptions. Nice guessing there, Bob.

Something Amyss

Aswyng and Amyss
Dec 3, 2008
Neronium said:
Sadly not, that was a typo resulting from it being about 12 am when I typed it, and I was typing it with an iPod Touch 3rd Generation and for some reason my auto-correct decided to be picky on when it does and doesn't wanna work.
Ah. Well, "beating a deaf horse" sounds like something Family Guy might do, especially in a cutaway gag. So I honestly wasn't sure. XD

Artina89 said:
I haven't seen Family guy in years, but when I heard that Brian died, the first thing that I thought was "Well that's never going to last" Brian is a popular character in the show, at least I see Brian and Stewie's faces on a lot of t-shirts and Family guy merchandise, it would have been foolish to have permanently written him out.
I bet sales of Brian merch went way up after he died. I bet they would have still been abl;e to market him if he stayed dead, too.

BloodSquirrel said:
It did what it was designed to do and reminded people that this is still a show where anything can happen, despite the fact that it's been on for awhile.
Yeah, anything can happen, except it really won't because we'll hit the reset button.
Exactly. And in the end, didn't this do more to enforce the status quo than a notion of "anything can happen?"

It's sort of crying wolf. I mean, I wasn't invested enough to care much. My first though was less about whether it was real or not, but more "wouldn't it be interesting if it was?" I see a lot of people did care, and did get swept up, and now people are going to be more skeptical of anything that purports to change.