Fan Art Puts Disney Characters in a Zombie Apocalypse

Batou667

Oct 5, 2011
Kind of amateurish with weak anatomy and a lot of sameface going on. Good enough for Deviantart or an art blog, but newsworthy content? I don't think so. Come on, Escapist. Quality, not quantity.

Redlin5_v1legacy

Better Red than Dead
Aug 5, 2009
Rex Dark said:
What's Hades doing there with that flamethrower, pretending he isn't the one who caused the zombie apocalypse in the first place?
It might have been your fault this time. Do you even keep track of what calamities you cause anymore?

OT: The Toy Story one made me chuckle. They finally were allowed to become real humans and the world is crumbling around them.

Lazy Kitty

Evil
May 1, 2009
Redlin5 said:
Rex Dark said:
What's Hades doing there with that flamethrower, pretending he isn't the one who caused the zombie apocalypse in the first place?
It might have been your fault this time. Do you even keep track of what calamities you cause anymore?

OT: The Toy Story one made me chuckle. They finally were allowed to become real humans and the world is crumbling around them.
Whatever are you talking about?
[sub]Shush, I'm trying to blame Hades.[/sub]

Nata-chan

Mar 11, 2014
Batou667 said:
Kind of amateurish with weak anatomy and a lot of sameface going on. Good enough for Deviantart or an art blog, but newsworthy content? I don't think so. Come on, Escapist. Quality, not quantity.
This is what I thought too! I mean I can't draw so I can't criticise too much. But what's with the bras and V line pants. If you are dealing with nom nom zombies, better to be wearing as much as you can to stop them IMO. Zombie apocalypse wearing their princess dresses not hipster low slung jeans please.

gphjr14

Aug 20, 2010
ObsidianJones said:
Let me check... yeah. Yeah, ok. It seems like I'm going to be that guy.

Why the hell is Mulan holding a Katana? Why not a Jian? Just... Just the one slam dunk...
Yeah I made that observation as well, not everyone understands/cares about such a subtle detail.

Demonjazz

Sexually identifies as Tiefling
Sep 13, 2008
So judging from the Hunchback of Notre Dame pic, the man with one blind eye is likely Quasimodo due to the giant wart he had there that wouldn't let hi-WAIT! Why isn't Quasimodo a zombie! He's supposed to be hideous and grotesque and have a hunchback and stuff! We get the pretty boy John Smith as a zombie but not Quasimodo! Even if you didn't go for the zombie angle you could have at least made him a little ugly. He looks like a normal guy with messed up eye.

loa

Jan 28, 2012
Maybe you shouldn't do these or people might start wondering why they visit this site in the first place.

Vault101

I'm in your mind fuzz
Sep 26, 2010
omega 616 said:
well you obviously cared enough to make a post about it rather than continue on with your day...

I think its pretty neat, though i've seen it on several other sites, its just a "hey look at this cool thing" post

Scorched_Cascade

Innocence proves nothing
Sep 26, 2008
Demonjazz said:
So judging from the Hunchback of Notre Dame pic, the man with one blind eye is likely Quasimodo due to the giant wart he had there that wouldn't let hi-WAIT! Why isn't Quasimodo a zombie! He's supposed to be hideous and grotesque and have a hunchback and stuff! We get the pretty boy John Smith as a zombie but not Quasimodo! Even if you didn't go for the zombie angle you could have at least made him a little ugly. He looks like a normal guy with messed up eye.
That's actually Clopin, the best character in the movie. Narrator, minor antagonist, comic relief, Clopin does it all.

Shinkicker444 said:
Mulan is about the only sensibly dressed one, the rest look like they invaded a hipsters clothing store during a riot. Also, Hades I recognise (God of the Underworld at a zombie apocalypse would be like... a bring your kid to work day, or something), but the girl with him? Is that Aphrodite (I can't remember Hercules). Because like, other then Elsa, I couldn't really think of two people that would have less concerns about a zombie apocalypse then they, lol
And that would be Meg
Not sure where Herc has gotten to but, with Meg being a damned soul, the point about her not caring about a potential zombie apocalypse probably still stands.

Avaholic03

May 11, 2009
loa said:
Maybe you shouldn't do these or people might start wondering why they visit this site in the first place.
The sad thing is that you (and I) are part of the problem. We clicked on the link, and we commented on the "article". It's likely that the Escapist staff is just looking at raw statistics rather than the overwhelmingly negative reaction to crap like this being called "news".

Demonjazz

Sexually identifies as Tiefling
Sep 13, 2008
Scorched_Cascade said:
Demonjazz said:
That's actually Clopin, the best character in the movie. Narrator, minor antagonist, comic relief, Clopin does it all.
What's with the messed up eye than. I don't remember Clopin ever getting his eye messed up. I guess he does look like him but that eye really annoys me.

Squilookle

Nov 6, 2008
omega 616 said:

I mean, this was on 9gag about a week ago (or at least it feels like it) and there are so many "Disney princess as something" it's silly.

Don't get the whole fascination with Disney to start with, let alone why everyone loves the princess so much.

Ok, I can get why girls like the princess 'cos the queen has too much responsibility and it's an expression to treat a girl like a princess but guys?
Yeah, I officially stopped caring long ago about all these disney princesses/Star Wars characters as X things a while ago.

Why can't they put that brilliant creative energy into something of their OWN creation? Such a sad waste of talent when they don't.

Racecarlock

Jul 10, 2010
Oh good, more zombies. I think the trend is more god damn undead than the things it's based on. There is not one single thing now that hasn't been explored with a zombie apocalypse. Drama, action, hell there's even a warehouse simulator with zombies in it. When will it end?