Fan Reaction Surprises Fallout Voice Actor

SonOfMethuselah

Oct 9, 2012
The_Darkness said:
Anyway, I thought this had already been explained as Three Dog showing up in a TV series? Or was that just a rumour?
After the announcement of the patent for the Fallout TV series went out, Dellums put out a tweet that said something to the effect of 'a Fallout TV show? That's news to me.' That would suggest that the tease he made was not actually referring to the TV show. There's also the very real possibility that Bethesda isn't actually intending to make a Fallout series, and only put the patent out to protect the brand, blah blah blah. If you can find the story about the TV series patent, some of the comments explain that angle better than I can.

OT: I highly doubt Bethesda was surprised. Given that Skyrim has been out for over a year, it's only logical to assume that fans have turned their eyes to Fallout 4. Just like they turned their eyes to Skyrim after Fallout 3 had been out for a little while. Fans are always interested in what you're doing next.

mateushac

Apr 4, 2010
TizzytheTormentor said:
Can't wait for more 3 Dog! Bow Wow!

I really do hope this game is made with the new creation engine used for Skyrim, Gamebryo is outdated and buggy as hell, let Fallout 4 be a huge leap from 3 and New Vegas!

Wonder where it will be set, I have heard Boston, but I am not sure.
I don't really know what landmarks they'd put in, though...

Pandabearparade

Mar 23, 2011
wombat_of_war said:
plus i doubt it will have the ability to be modded and even if it can be modded there will be no big quest mods and 12 months after release next to no one plays it
What evidence is there of this? They have released mod tools for every game, including their most recent one.

Easton Dark

Jan 2, 2011
SadisticFire said:
Easton Dark said:
SadisticFire said:
Though I do have a hard time trying to figure out how Three Dog will exist if the game isn't in D.C.
And the fact that he always gets killed in my game.

How would he come back from the dead? Unless this is a prequel to 3 where he's an immortal can not be killed character.
Wasn't Three Dog set to quest essential so you couldn't kill him?
Nah he can be killed. They even have radio lines of his assistant explaining that he's not talking anymore because someone killed him (always the player).

wombat_of_war said:
i can already say a few things about fallout 4. it will be specifically designed around the x-box or the next gen x-box. there wiill be bad paorts to the pc and ps3, plus i doubt it will have the ability to be modded and even if it can be modded there will be no big quest mods and 12 months after release next to no one plays it
Bethesda has really good PC ports. Fallout 3 is amazingly great. I bet they'll continue that tradition.

Moosejaw

Oct 11, 2010
Mcoffey said:
You can kill Harold in Fallouts 1-3. He still shows up. Fallout lore usually runs with the "One true cannon" way of it. That's how 3 Dog will probably show up.

As for Fallout 4, I'm excited as a Fallout fan, but I'm nervous because Skyrim was boring as shit and had terrible writing and it doesn't look like Bethesda will be changing that design philosophy any time soon. Sooo, yeah, conflicted...
Wow, it must suck to be like one of those people that didn't enjoy Skyrim. So many, many hours of enjoyment I've had with that game and some folks have their brains wired to perceive it as shit. I am so sorry.

sindremaster

Apr 6, 2010
Easton Dark said:
SadisticFire said:
Though I do have a hard time trying to figure out how Three Dog will exist if the game isn't in D.C.
And the fact that he always gets killed in my game.

How would he come back from the dead? Unless this is a prequel to 3 where he's an immortal can not be killed character.
The Fallout games have never carried over player choices. I wouldn't expect it to change.

Living Contradiction

Clearly obfusticated
Nov 8, 2009
Hee hee. Maybe the new game'll feature a quest through the unconsciousness of Three-Dog with Danny Kaye and The Inkspots belching nuclear flame at the player. *manages to stop laughing* Ah, sweet speculation. This is going to be so much fun.

On a more serious note, I'm starting to wonder when this whole "Oh, we didn't expect such a reaction" line will get stale and folks will start catching on that, yes, the public can be, and often is, tricked into paying attention.

Antari

Music Slave
Nov 4, 2009
It will be nice to hear Three Dog again in my next trip into the wasteland. Now can they stop with this stupid PR and get to the release already?!