Fanboy Confession

RebelRising

Jan 5, 2008
I'm not so much a fanboy as I am very particular towards certain developers. I'm a huge fan of Bioware, Creative Assembly and Valve.

I'm very conscious of game flaws and I don't deny them in my favorite games, but I'm simply more likely to focus on and emphasize the good parts about a game, while taking and offering constructive criticism.

Exception: Call Half-Life 2 a "mediocre FPS," or Mass Effect "boring," I probably won't take you very seriously.

vxicepickxv

Slayer of Bothan Spies
Sep 28, 2008
I'm a big RPG fanboy, in particular pencil and paper ones.

I just finished reading Fallout pNp after completing 3 endings of Fallout 3 and getting all 50 achievements. I'm currently updating a copy of Neverwinter Nights Diamond Edition so I can get back to being a DM on a server, yes, same handle there too.

Also, shadowrun and batman.

Fightgarr

Concept Artist
Dec 3, 2008
I'm a Grim Fandango fanboy, a Chrono Trigger/Cross fanboy and a ZP fanboy.

EDIT: And a Miyazaki fanboy

Magnetic2

Mar 18, 2008
Indigo_Dingo said:
fish food carl said:
Indigo_Dingo said:
Do I even need to say it?
Oh, oh, I Know! You love the.... WII! I knew it!
Very good. Someone who has actually looked at some of my posts.
After 6k worth, you could stumble onto this site drunk in the middle of the night an find and Indigo Dingo post.

Onnnn that note, RPGs that can be played really fast, I am a speed demon fan boy.

ThaBenMan

Mandalorian Buddha
Mar 6, 2008
shatnershaman said:
Halo 3(60) fanboy here. Used to be the main 360 here (we really don't have many diehard 360 fans here) though I've mellowed.
Well, I prefer the 360 to the PC or PS3 (And it's just so different from the Wii that there really is no comparison), I'm just not crazy about it.

Anyway, I guess I'm a fanboy across a wide range of things - Bioware, Star Wars, Fallout, The Venture Bros., Metalocalypse, Neil Gaiman, George R. R. Martin, Hayao Miyazaki, Pixar, Hellboy, uhhhhhh.... probably others I just can't think of right now.

EDIT: * looks at avatar * Awww jeez, how could I forget Clutch?!

A very mild fanboy, mind you, if even a fanboy and not just a, y'know, fan.

The Wooster

King Snap
Jul 15, 2008
I'm the anti fanboy. No that's not a good thing. I have an irational hatred of certain products, often because of the people using said products, but usually for no reason whatsoever.

The Wooster

King Snap
Jul 15, 2008
Onmi said:
Decoy Doctorpus said:
I'm the anti fanboy. No that's not a good thing. I have an irational hatred of certain products, often because of the people using said products, but usually for no reason whatsoever.
That's called a Fanhater. EDIT: Actually no it's not, a Fan Hater hates the fans of a product for no reason other than they enjoy something the Hater dislikes.

And I'm pretty sure everyone knows what I'm a huge fanboy of, I cant remember it all exactly myself.
The technical term is 'Iconoclastus Dickbagus'

Bunnymarn

Oct 8, 2008
I guess I count as a FEAR fan... Best thing was smothering a team mate with sticky bombs and telling him to run at the enemy, very amusing.

Uskis

Apr 21, 2008
Halo fanboy reporting.. I love the universe and the games. I'll defend it against the evil indie elitist anytime :D

Sion_Barzahd

Jul 2, 2008
Vanguard1219 said:
Tell me that the tyranids are a rip-off of the zerg and I'm likely to kill you.
Tyranids are a rip-off of the zerg. =P despite them being made at least 10 years before.

radiocaf

Sep 4, 2008
RAWKSTAR said:
Pokemon fanboy (The games atlest)
They are fantastic and the reason I got my first gameboy, sitting there for hours on Pokemon Red.

Loved it ever since.
Same here!!