Fans hated Arrow S4's finale so much, they turned Arrow's subreddit into a Daredevil one

Bob_McMillan

Elite Member
Aug 28, 2014
Country
Philippines
I actually bothered to watch season 4 after the boringness that was season 3, but I gave up on it maybe halfway through. The writers have this addiction to making Olicity (the Oliver-Felicity Smoak "ship") the most important thing in the show. They used the death of one of the oldest, and in the comics the most beloved, characters in the show to further push the pairing.

And now, the finale was so bad, a subreddit that was dedicated to Arrow has now been turned into a Daredevil subreddit. This reminds me of the Infinite Warfare trailer on so many levels.

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/dc_tv/arrow/arrow-fans-hated-the-season-4-finale-so-much-that-its-subreddit-has-a142059

I didn't watch the finale myself, but I have seen clips and it does not look great.

DefunctTheory

Not So Defunct Now
Mar 30, 2010
Pretty much why I stopped watching Arrow a while ago. I only have eyes for The Flash now.

Bob_McMillan

Elite Member
Aug 28, 2014
Country
Philippines
Queen Michael said:
So who's the one who kicked it?
Laurel. Apparently the Lance sisters can't catch a break. Sarah is on her what, third resurrection now?

Kenbo Slice

Deep In The Willow
Jun 7, 2010
Bob_McMillan said:
Queen Michael said:
Laurel. Apparently the Lance sisters can't catch a break. Sarah is on her what, third resurrection now?
Laurel needs to stay dead though. She is the worst piece of shit garbage character in any television show I have ever seen.

Hawki

Elite Member
Legacy
Mar 4, 2014
Country
Australia
Okay, calm down...

Now that you're calm, can someone tell me why season 4 is lackustre without spoilers. I ask because as much as I like seasons 1 & 2 of Arrow, Season 3 has so far felt like a step down. Also not that much of a fan of The Flash (if anything, I feel both shows being in the same universe harms one another, but that's a different issue), but if season 2 is a step up, I might be willing to give it a chance.

Saelune

Trump put kids in cages!
Legacy
Mar 8, 2011
So, I don't watch these shows, for many reasons, but cause I'm a curious type, looked into it...fucking "Arrowverse"? Really?

Bob_McMillan

Elite Member
Aug 28, 2014
Country
Philippines
Hawki said:
Okay, calm down...

Now that you're calm, can someone tell me why season 4 is lackustre without spoilers. I ask because as much as I like seasons 1 & 2 of Arrow, Season 3 has so far felt like a step down. Also not that much of a fan of The Flash (if anything, I feel both shows being in the same universe harms one another, but that's a different issue), but if season 2 is a step up, I might be willing to give it a chance.
Objectively, it got worse. I know that that is technically never true, but Arrow is the exception.

The season started out strongly oddly enough, Damien Darhk was an interesting and charismatic villain, Speedy was actually kinda cool, Oliver was becoming like a symbol of hope that he is in the comics. Then halfway through the season Marc Guggenheim slipped on a banana peel and hit his head. Damien Darhk's master plain was ridiculously pathetic, Speedy is due for the Jason Todd treatment, and Oliver is right back where he started.

Season 4 is basically a dog chasing it's own tail. All the plotlines are circular. Oliver is happy, Oliver is sad. Oliver is happy again! And now he's sad again. Felicity wants to marry Oliver, but now she doesn't. Then two minutes later she wants his broadhead back in her quiver!

If you think I am angry about this, you should see other Arrow fans who have been with the series from the start. Once they start ranting, they'll never stop.

Bob_McMillan

Elite Member
Aug 28, 2014
Country
Philippines
Kenbo Slice said:
Bob_McMillan said:
Queen Michael said:
Laurel needs to stay dead though. She is the worst piece of shit garbage character in any television show I have ever seen.
It's funny how I want literally every character except Captain Lance, Diggle's family, and Oliver to die. I used to like Merlyn and Thea, hell I even liked Felicity.

Laurel was always shit though.

Hawki

Elite Member
Legacy
Mar 4, 2014
Country
Australia
Saelune said:
So, I don't watch these shows, for many reasons, but cause I'm a curious type, looked into it...fucking "Arrowverse"? Really?
In a world where stuff like "Nolanverse," "Potterverse," "Riordanverse" (maybe), and "Whoninverse" exist in semi-official capacity, and when I use terms like "Segaverse," "Archieverse," and "Boomverse" for some of the various Sonic the Hedgehog continuities, is "Arrowverse" really out of place?

Rolls off the tongue better than "Marvel Cinematic Universe" or "DC Extended Universe," I can say that much.

Saelune

Trump put kids in cages!
Legacy
Mar 8, 2011
Hawki said:
Saelune said:
In a world where stuff like "Nolanverse," "Potterverse," "Riordanverse" (maybe), and "Whoninverse" exist in semi-official capacity, and when I use terms like "Segaverse," "Archieverse," and "Boomverse" for some of the various Sonic the Hedgehog continuities, is "Arrowverse" really out of place?

Rolls off the tongue better than "Marvel Cinematic Universe" or "DC Extended Universe," I can say that much.
Its not the verse thing, its the idea that Green Arrow gets the namesake. I don't call the Marvel Netflix series the Devilverse, and I would be opposed to the idea of calling it that. I suppose "Defenderverse" would be more acceptable, though Id rather they just close the gaps and keep it all MCU.

Zenja

Jan 16, 2013
Saelune said:
Its not the verse thing, its the idea that Green Arrow gets the namesake. I don't call the Marvel Netflix series the Devilverse, and I would be opposed to the idea of calling it that. I suppose "Defenderverse" would be more acceptable, though Id rather they just close the gaps and keep it all MCU.
They do a good job at keeping it neutral where they don't clash. I refer to it as the "lesser MCU". They do plan on bringing it together soon though as I do believe they have plans on having all of it come in for the Infinity War. That can only be speculation at this point but it is a good guess.

OT: Never really cared for Arrow so this is only mildly interesting. Shame for fans of the show, but personally I would have recommended Daredevil or Flash over it depending on your taste in heroes. Daredevil is darker like Green Arrow.

JemothSkarii

Thanks!
Nov 9, 2010
The only episode of Green Arrow I saw was the episode where they brought in Constantine because that was a series I'd gotten invested in, only to find out it was cancelled after the first season.

Seemed... interesting. Though since I'd jumped in at the Constantine point I had no clue what was happening. Heard the show was going downhill and that the villain was pretty solid.

Dreph

Jun 27, 2015
Hey guys don't worry about it all. Doesn't matter how bad the arrow finale was the Flash's finale retconned the entire DC universe!

Seriously though The Flash is super better now days. It's almost if the entire writing staff switched over to The Flash.

Silence

Living undeath to the fullest
Legacy
Sep 21, 2014
Country
Germany
Still better than Legends of Tomorrow ... which actually was one reason for Arrow being pretty meh this season, because they launched that show with a lot of last minute decisions.
Well, and Legends of Tomorrow was only last minute decisions, then.

Breakdown

Oxy Moron
Sep 5, 2014
down a well
Country
Northumbria
I liked season 4 of Arrow up until the mid season break, but ever since it came back after Christmas it's been pretty weak. Putting Felicity in a wheelchair, and then a couple of episodes later she got some magical new technology that lets her walk perfectly. The senseless decision to kill Laurel off. Felicity breaking up with Oliver but still wanting to be around him all of the time. The secret son storyline that went nowhere. The bee episode.

madwarper

Mar 17, 2011
Saelune said:
Its not the verse thing, its the idea that Green Arrow gets the namesake.
Then, what would you have called it? Arrow started a continuity that branched off into Flash, Legends of Tomorrow and Vixen.

It's distinctly different from Supergirl (though, the Flash has visited that universe, because the Flash) and DC Extended Universe that started with Man of Steel.

I don't call the Marvel Netflix series the Devilverse, and I would be opposed to the idea of calling it that. I suppose "Defenderverse" would be more acceptable, though Id rather they just close the gaps and keep it all MCU.
Zuh? Everything in MCU is taking place in on the same continuity (Earth-199999). Iron Man, Avengers, Agents of Shield, Guardians of the Galaxy, Daredevil, Defenders, Cloak and Dagger, etc.

OT: Yeah, this season is garbage. Let's hope that the Flash's season finale can retcon the shit out of it.