Fantasy Congress

Joe

Jul 7, 2006
Fantasy Congress

"'There's folks out there who've stayed as a member of Congress for a very long time, but they haven't really done much,' Lee says. 'In fact, they may not appear in the news a lot, they may not sponsor much legislation; they don't even co-sponsor legislation. On a vote, they vote party line. It's really odd. Folks like that, I think, are under-performers.'"

Joe Blancato talks to Andrew Lee, the creator of Fantasy Congress.

bue519

Oct 3, 2007
wow great article i enjoyed it alot, especially emailing it to my old government teacher

FunkyJ

Jul 26, 2006
Would love to see something like this adapted for other political systems... like the British or Australian parliaments for example...

ccesarano

Oct 3, 2007
I think this is one of the greatest ideas ever. I know personally I've intentionally allowed myself to be ignorant of modern politics, though usually it's because whenever I check the news I get a headache and an urge to break things. Something like this allows a form of education on what's going on in politics with a lot less headache.

Something like this being used in high school and College would be absolutely fantastic, especially since College is where people THINK they are knowledgeable, but are in fact ignorant and still don't know how to think for themselves.

I think I'm going to be using this as a subject for a report.

Bongo Bill

Jul 13, 2006
Yes. Yes. I love this idea. I think that I am going to sign up today. The Escapist is good, wonderful people for bringing it to my attention.

Joe

Jul 7, 2006
If you guys all sign up, we should get into the same league, mostly for the smack talking.

Ajar

Aug 21, 2006
I read about this when it was getting started, but being Canadian I wasn't sure how closely I wanted to follow U.S. politics.