Far Cry 1 & 2 - Did people hate the mutants that bad?

fix-the-spade

Feb 25, 2008
disturbed0ne said:
A nigh-bulletproof gorilla thing is perfectly acceptable as a boss, or even a miniboss, but they were entirely too frequent. Excepting that, I loved FC. FC2 has me addicted, but I don't know that I could decide a favorite since they're different games.
Aim for the face and they go down surprisingly quickly, assuming you mean the Fatboys in Far Cry.

I'm enjoying Far Cry 2, the only thing that bothers me is that it has nothing to do with Far Cry, so whenever I'm playing it all I can think about is how I'm playing a cynical marketing ploy. They should have just given it a different name and been done with...

bluerahjah

Mar 5, 2008
Personally, I disliked the mutants, I'm glad that the current version is a whole lot more realistic. For me, the Far Cry universe is better without them.

Xvito

Aug 16, 2008
I don't get the OP...
The enemies don't respawn that often if you don't sleep so much in the safehouses.
They respawn like every gameday.
Also the enemies take like three bullets before they're downed, unless you're using a sniper, in which case they go down with one.

On-Topic: The mutants sucked ass...yes...really.

The Wooster

King Snap
Jul 15, 2008
Man. I fucking hate it when a developer takes someone's IP and starts dissing it. Seriously. Why even use the farcry name? What do the two games have in common?

I think what a lot of people don't realise was that Farcry was supposed to be cheesy. Look at his god damn shirt. The second half was an actually fairly funny swipe at the island of Dr Moreau.

SimuLord

Whom Gods Annoy
Aug 20, 2008
Perl post=9.75281.862594 said:
http://how-to-spell-ridiculous.com/
Defiantly...definately...definetly...umm, yeah.

Definitely a case of Lowtax's assertion that the Internet makes you stupid.

/threadjack

CTU_Agent24

May 21, 2008
Decoy Doctorpus said:
Man. I fucking hate it when a developer takes someone's IP and starts dissing it. Seriously. Why even use the farcry name? What do the two games have in common?
Thats a good point, only kept the name for publicity

I liked the mutants in Farcry 1. They made for somewhat of a plot twist and the part when you get pushed out the the helicopter with only 12 rounds for the carbine surrounded by tridents was one of my favorite moments.

CTU_Agent24

May 21, 2008
Sexual Harassment Panda said:
...well I liked the trigens in the original Far Cry. Didn't care for the console spin offs but the original was fine.
So true, they were better in the original, i never really like the whole mutant powers you had

Zrahni

Oct 24, 2008
Far Cry 2 is Not i REPEAT NOT A FPS its Massive Offline Role Playing Game. It's a spin off of WoW grind gone wrong.

klakkat

May 24, 2008
CyberAkuma said:
Judging by the biggest complaints from the fans and from the largest fan requirements about Far Cry 2; many people seem to oddly agree that the mutans had to go away.

Even the developers of Far Cry 2 promised dearly; and I quote: "There are no fucking mutants in this game" [http://www.videogaming247.com/2008/07/11/far-cry-2-dev-there-are-no-fucking-mutants-in-this-game/]
Huh. I liked the mutants. They added a lot of diversity and added a horror element. They were about the only thing that really scared me that entire game (I died more to guys with guns, but they weren't scary. Won't ever be in a game again.)

Phoenix Arrow

Sep 3, 2008
Mutants. Fine.
Fast mutants that jump at you then explode. Not OK.

Wren't scary or anything just irritating. Thing I'll miss is the feral abilities when I get it.

ElephantGuts

Jul 9, 2008
Zrahni post=9.75281.863707 said:
Far Cry 2 is Not i REPEAT NOT A FPS its Massive Offline Role Playing Game. It's a spin off of WoW grind gone wrong.
Really? Wow, then I guess every single other Massive Offline RPG has been doing it way wrong.