Far Cry 2 DRM Confirmed

ElArabDeMagnifico

Dec 20, 2007
Albeit that this is WAY more lenient than Spore's DRM - it's still invasive DRM.

I should have ****ing waited before I paid off my pre-order. (; _ ;) <<<< I am required to use this "smiley".

oneofm4ny

May 27, 2007
Won't play it.

It's not only against used games sale. You can't even borrow a game to a friend, if you don't want to loose a precious install.

The whole Call EA thing to get more spore installs: not only is the hotline not free. I've read somewhere, that you must provide proof to EA that you bought the game aswell.

Eruanno

Captain Hammer
Aug 14, 2008
SecuROM, eh? To the Pirate-mobile, then. If that's what it takes to get a game to not cock-up on me, then so be it.

Volucer

Sep 4, 2008
On the bright side it's not the most intrusive/disruptive DRM I've seen. And it's only another week until it comes out.

Radelaide

May 15, 2008
ElArabDeMagnifico said:
Enjoy it while you can, DRM is going to work it's way to consoles soon. Not to fight piracy, but to fight used games!
How would console DRM work?

The idea of DRM is a good one, I've said that before. But the way EA went about it was terrible. I think that Ubisoft are on the right track to making a workable DRM that isn't universally hated by gamers everywhere.