Far cry 3 ps3

endnuen

Sep 20, 2010
Hello.
Was thinking about getting far cry 3 for my ps3, but cannot seem to find any commenting on that experience.
I have read that it suffers from a bit of screen tear and frame drops but how does it affect the experience?
Is it playable and how noticeable is it? Both the screen tear and frame drops?

Merry Christmas and happy new year.

OldDirtyCrusty

Mar 12, 2012
I played the game on a ps3 and yes if you´re looking for screen tearing (lots of it) and frame drops you`ll see it. If you`re one of the people who can`t stand seeing something like that stay away from the consoles (both) and stick to the pc version.
If you can overlook such things give it a go. FC3 never reaches unplayability because of frame rate or screen tearing, it`s still a beautifull great game even on a ps3 (or 360).

Voulan

Jul 18, 2011
I honestly haven't noticed any so far. It's a solid experience either way, so by all means, go get it. I haven't noticed any performance issues - maybe they occur much later in the game?

momijirabbit

Nov 2, 2012
I have an old original PS3 and the only time I get frame drops is when I am placing to much stuff in the Map Editor.

Goofguy

Nov 25, 2010
I didn't notice too many performance issues on the PS3. They certainly didn't make the game unplayable and I was immersed enough to rarely notice them.

sethisjimmy

May 22, 2009
I have the 360 version and I can tell you it suffers from slight frame rate and screen tearing at times too. Nothing major, never got in the way of the experience.

endnuen

Sep 20, 2010
Is it dark souls blight town levels of annoying? Or skyrim kind of performance?

Thank you for your answers

OldDirtyCrusty

Mar 12, 2012
endnuen said:
Is it dark souls blight town levels of annoying? Or skyrim kind of performance?
I can`t comment on Dark Souls, from what i remember it runs better than the ps3 skyrim.

eels05

Jun 11, 2009
I have the 360 version.
Fantastic game overall,I wouldn't let rumours of screen tearing stop you from enjoying it.
But the endings...WTF.

FFP2

Dec 24, 2012
eels05 said:
I have the 360 version.
Fantastic game overall,I wouldn't let rumours of screen tearing stop you from enjoying it.
But the endings...WTF.
Hey, respect their "Artistic Integrity" !

OT: Try and get it on PC if you can but it's still mostly playable on consoles if you can't.