Far Cry 4 Will Take You to the Himalayas in 2014

Madame_Lawliet

Jul 16, 2013
Why is Anderson Cooper on the cover of a FarCry game?

Anyway, yeah, I'll probably be playing it. I wager it'll be a decently good game too, maybe not as groundbreaking as the third one but I don't see them just dropping the ball outright, I have a certain amount of faith in the devs, plus the Himalayas are a very cool setting and I've been waiting for a game to be set there for quite a while (the last one I remember doing it right was Uncharted 2, and I don't even like that series).

SnakeTrousers

Dec 30, 2013
Bke said:
Ubisoft did well to itterate on the Assassins Creed series in quick succession while keeping the games relatively fresh. I don't think it'll be quite /that/ bad
I'd have to disagree with you there. That series got stale about three games in.

Brian Tams

Sep 3, 2012
This year??? Is Ubisoft bound and determined to run every one of their fucking franchises into the ground by not giving them a decent dev cycle?

I am willing to bet that, if Far Cry 4 succeeds, we'll be seeing Far Cry 5 in 2015.

Fuck you, Ubisoft.

SKBPinkie

Oct 6, 2013
Brian Tams said:
I am willing to bet that, if Far Cry 4 succeeds, we'll be seeing Far Cry 5 in 2015.

Fuck you, Ubisoft.
It's been 2 years since FC3, not one.

Also, if it succeeds, that only means that more players want to play it. It's not really a bad thing. At least wait and see how it turns out before claiming everything has gone to hell.

DirgeNovak

I'm anticipating DmC. Flame me.
Jul 23, 2008
Brian Tams said:
This year??? Is Ubisoft bound and determined to run every one of their fucking franchises into the ground by not giving them a decent dev cycle?

Fuck you, Ubisoft.
Two years seems perfectly reasonable to me.

OT: Being landlocked, I doubt it'll be as great as Far Cry 3. I liked FC2 well enough, but the ocean in FC3 made the whole game so much better.

I have no doubt it'll still be awesome, though.

unstabLized

Mar 9, 2012
Loved loved LOVED Far Cry 3. Hope it's really good and includes unique stuff. Can't wait for the trailer.

Genocidicles

Sep 13, 2012
And of course, there are already people complaining on tumblr that this is racist because it depicts a villain subjugating a native and defiling a Buddha statue... I mean, god forbid a bad guy is racist right?

Drummodino

Can't Stop the Bop
Jan 2, 2011
Heck yea! I loved Far Cry 3, the gameplay was ridiculously fun, the island was beautiful and it had some great characters and missions. Looking forward to this one!

[sub][sub]Just... don't do an Assassin's Creed 3 yea? Please Ubisoft.[/sub][/sub]

Metalrocks

Jan 15, 2009
i guess im in the minority here who didnt like far cry 3. didnt like part 1 at all, didnt bother to get part 2 and i highly doubt that part 4 will show me otherwise.
part 3 was just dull and boring to me. sure, the island was beautiful but the game and the story as such was just meh.

Vault101

I'm in your mind fuzz
Sep 26, 2010
Absolutionis said:
Cover looks like a character that blends Vaas and Hoyt.
he also looks rather.."fabulous" I might add...I'm wondering if were going to get a campy gay villan..though I might just be making assumptions

josemlopes said:
In my opinion its too fucking soon, even the cover is really similar (logo/cover colors, the prisioner of the vilain, overall setting)
yeah....it looks like they might be trying for a Vaas 2.0 (with added camp?) the "prisoner" looks like a follower of a cult

wasabinewt

May 5, 2014
I might just wait and see the reviews, I loved Far Cry 3 and I really hope the exploration and bases are top notch. Man, I loved taking down those bases, good times.

Strazdas

Robots will replace your job
May 28, 2011
when i always complain about "bah the settings are always americans" this is what i want. this sounds very good setting and one i dont really remmeber exploring in any other game.
What the hell ubisoft. in 2014 your releasing 2 games that i want, why are you being worth buying your games again? that may be first time in many years, good job.

P.S. to all the people that say its going for same thing:
well, FC3 has saved the franchise after FC2 disaster, and it was very praised. so, why fix whats not broken?

Voulan

Jul 18, 2011
It's a bit too soon for me, so I'll be holding out on this one for now. Absolutely love the location though. We can probably more readily call it "skyrim with guns".

I'm a bit concerned that this new villain is going to go the slightly insane route that Vaas did. It's looking a but same-y at the moment. If he's extremely camp then they might get away with it, and it would be cool to have a gay villain. Just as long as we're not the same white hero guy again.

Imagine if we get to play as a female in this one.

putowtin

I'd like to purchase an alcohol!
Jul 7, 2010
Wow, read through those comments...we have,

1) It's too soon!
2) Oh Camp Villian!
3) Yeah more Far Cry!

And all that from one teaser image... when the trailer hits this place may blow up!

Evonisia

Your sinner, in secret
Jun 24, 2013
The small amount of time between FarCry 3 and 4 is quite concerning. The series has benefited from long production time.

FarCry: 2004
FarCry 2: 2008
FarCry 3: 2012
FarCry 4: 2014 <--- Err, OK, I, I guess?

However at the same time Saints Row IV was released less than two years after Saints Row: The Third but it was different enough in it's own right to stand up not only as a successor but as a pretty damn good game in it's own right. Call me optimistic if still cautious about this.

Teoes

Poof, poof, sparkles!
Jun 1, 2010
Well, I had a blast with 3 and Blood Dragon so I hope this turns out to be fun too. Belaying thoughts of "too soon?" for now. Also, I felt a need to post this:

WHERE ARE MY ELEPHANTS?!

Chester Rabbit

Dec 7, 2011
I don't know guys I'm getting more of a Backstreet Tom Hardy vibe from this guy (wouldn't surprise me if that's who they are getting to play him)

Grace_Omega

Dec 7, 2013
Just please God, don't let the protagonist be another douchey white tourist. I have never wanted to murder a playable character more than whats-his-face from Far Cry 3. In fact if this is about a Himalayan country under the grip of a wacky comedy villain then I would really like to play as a resident of said country.