Far Cry 4's Alternate Ending Can be Reached in Just 30 Minutes

songnar

Modulator
Oct 26, 2008
What a surprise - not acting like a complete psychopath, shooting up the whole countryside has a positive outcome!

And Man

May 12, 2014
Hairless Mammoth said:
Ohh, I was hopping you unlocked the ending by abusing the alchemy system, just like in Morrowind.
Glad I'm not the only one that instantly thought of Morrowind after reading the title

truckspond

Oct 26, 2013
I really do hope that ubisoft are working on a DLC where you can play the game as normal but with the sides swapped and you liberating terrorist-held outposts as a special operative of the government helping to restore stability to the country.

Seriously, I would pay good money to see that happen

Svarr

Nov 2, 2011
Josh123914 said:
Micah Weil said:
I must say, I am thoroughly impressed. That's an Easter Egg.
I would gladly pay for DLC where the campaign is an off-shoot of this easter egg!
Pagan Min seems like an all right guy to me, he's just fighting terrorists. :3

... and really dislikes orders being disobeyed.

BUT YEAH, I'd love for a second campaign of the easter egg, even as DLC.

Quellist

Migratory coconut
Oct 7, 2010
Utterly freaking awesome. The bad guy turns out to be sorta reasonable if you give him a chance...Thumbs up for the bravery of putting this in. IMO this should be the real ending and the whole game the 'bad choice'

DirgeNovak

I'm anticipating DmC. Flame me.
Jul 23, 2008
Steven Bogos said:
Far Cry (and its spin-off, Crysis) has always been a series with choices.
There is so much wrong with that sentence. Crysis is as much of a spin-off to Far Cry as Uncharted is a spin-off of Jak and Daxter, and Far Cry 1 had no choices whatsoever.

OT: Not watching the video right now, but I'll definitely do this when I get the game. That sounds brilliant.

A-D.

Jan 23, 2008
Reed Spacer said:
I didn't know Crysis was a spinoff.

Huh. You do learn something new every day.
That's because it isnt. Crysis has nothing to do with Far Cry at all, aside that they share the "Cry" in the name, are based on the CryEngine (different iterations) and developed by Crytek. Thats like saying Far Cry is the same as Far Cry 2 or Far Cry 3, they have nothing to do with each other except for the name.

Two totally seperate series created by the same studio. Although Far Cry is now in the hands of Ubisoft, rather than Crytek.