Far cry 5 is the most boring game i have played in years!.

Mcgeezaks

The biggest boss
Dec 31, 2009
Sweden
Country
Sweden
Darth_Payn said:
Silentpony said:
Adam Jensen said:
I'm actually really enjoying it, especially the setting. How many fps games out there are set in modern day rural America? There's a lot of potential there and Ubisoft managed not to squander it. Pretty awesome selection of guns and melee weapons too. Also fishing. I love fishing. And you get a dog! And a bear! And a mountain lion! And Hurk!

I don't really give a fuck about the story in a Far Cry game. Shooting people with fun weapons in a fun setting is the main selling point and Far Cry 5 does that really well.
I enjoy it to, but I'll admit I only ever played Far Cry...Instinct I think someone here told me it was called. The one where you're a Weapon-X escapee with super powers.

As for FC5 I'm straight up enjoying it. Soured on the fact there is no post-credit free play, and the endings are hot garbage, but there's a real, and I hate to use this, but traditional small-town American vibe to it. People talking about fishing at Whatever Lake with their dad, that day Peggie Petterson wore a white dress to prom, that time the guys got drunk and shot off fireworks in the field.
I actually like it! And I identify with it much more than the ones set in like Tibet or some paradise island. Not that those settings and cultures are bad, I just have to touch-stone to them like I do grilling with dad on Sundays in the back yard.

As for the villains, they did go downhill as the game went on. John Seed was the best, followed by Faith, Jacob and Joseph was sadly the worst. Joseph just sucked, Jacob is a jarhead lunatic with a thing for red disco lights, Faith was interesting and intense, especially how she got into people's minds and lost her cool as you went on. But John Seed was just sinister and great! Especially as the first area you liberate. Anyone who can convince people to tattoo their deadly sin into their flesh and then literally carve it out of them, while singing hymns and smiling is a good villain.
Still on the fence about playin the game (after hearing all the endings are ass), but what do Jacob and John Seed do differently? Aren't they both all about torture and recruitment into the cult?
John Seed makes you atone for your biggest sin, he tattoos your sin on your body and carves it out of you. Jacob Seed is a believer in survival of the fittest, thinning the herd of the weak and serious brainwashing. All of the Seeds in the game have the goal to recruit followers but they all have their own way of doing it.

B-Cell said:
JUMBO PALACE said:
It requires so much more effort to yell and cry about something you don't like than to just go and enjoy the things you do. Why do people do this?
because we are consumer and we have rights to complain if developers are not doing right job. i mean they could have made far cry some kind of special series. its a series always has potential but always fail to deliver. even far cry 3 is also wasted potential despite being decent game.

if i were to rate the series. i can rate Far cry 2 8/10 which is by far best in series despite being very repeteteive but its immersive and doesnot hold your hand.

far cry 3 is 7/10 game. ok. its fun to explore but when you are on mission. it hold your hand and become too cinematic. i cant rate any other game more than 5. primal, 4 and 5 all 3 of them just suck. they should have made FC4 by now to have very improved and overhaul of gameplay. like how different 2 and 3 were.
You do know you're in the minority, right? If the series always failed to deliver then they wouldn't have made like 7-8 of them already.

How would you overhauled the gameplay? I know you've been asked this like 4 times already so can't you answer atleast once?

Feb 7, 2016
B-Cell said:
JUMBO PALACE said:
It requires so much more effort to yell and cry about something you don't like than to just go and enjoy the things you do. Why do people do this?
because we are consumer and we have rights to complain if developers are not doing right job. i mean they could have made far cry some kind of special series. its a series always has potential but always fail to deliver. even far cry 3 is also wasted potential despite being decent game.

if i were to rate the series. i can rate Far cry 2 8/10 which is by far best in series despite being very repeteteive but its immersive and doesnot hold your hand.

far cry 3 is 7/10 game. ok. its fun to explore but when you are on mission. it hold your hand and become too cinematic. i cant rate any other game more than 5. primal, 4 and 5 all 3 of them just suck. they should have made FC4 by now to have very improved and overhaul of gameplay. like how different 2 and 3 were.
"become too cinematic"

You're going to have to elaborate on what you mean by this, because I swear to god, if you're complaining that Far Cry 3 was too story orientated while ALSO complaining that Far Cry 5 didn't have enough story, I'm calling the police.

FoolKiller

Feb 8, 2008
B-Cell said:
What the hell was ubisoft thinking? why they always ruined a game after they show potential that was in 2 and 3?

I finally played far cry 5 after watching some positive feedback from gggmanlives and worth a buy and other youtubers. it run nice, it looks amazing graphically but game is not fun to play. ubisoft choose most boring setting on earth after brilliant tropical island in 3 and africa in 2. FC4 setting was terrible too but FC5 has worst setting in the franchise. its not fun to explore, and theres only one type of mission that is to liberate and thats in. i remember the variety in far cry 3, how jason brody journey from common man to warrior, how charismatic hoyt and vaas were. none of this thing present in this game instead you are nobody thrown in city of montana whose main task is to LIBERATE. yes im playing the unfun version of Just cause 2.

FC5 villains are just too nice and not hated at all. joseph seed doesnot look like a bad guy. just a preacher, faith seed seem like a cute girl.

im not a big fan of far cry 3. as it was also the game that become tedious too but this game made far cry 3 a masterpiece seriously.

far cry 2 is still single best far cry game ever released. crowbcat was right.

is anyone feel same?

discuss
Nope.

The single best Far Cry is the first one. I personally think the second is the worst out of the bunch. It just shit the bed in all sorts of areas. 3, 4, and 5 are great because I loved the villains and the surrounding stories. Vaas is just a fun psycho. The villains in 4 are surprising (I'm not naming them because not all is as it seems). As for 5, even early on when the villains seem nice, the point is that even evil people can be charming and charismatic from time to time.

And there will be no mention of Primal or Blood Dragon in this post.... lol

Zombie Proof

Nov 28, 2015
BabyfartsMcgeezaks said:
Darth_Payn said:
Silentpony said:
Adam Jensen said:
I'm actually really enjoying it, especially the setting. How many fps games out there are set in modern day rural America? There's a lot of potential there and Ubisoft managed not to squander it. Pretty awesome selection of guns and melee weapons too. Also fishing. I love fishing. And you get a dog! And a bear! And a mountain lion! And Hurk!

I don't really give a fuck about the story in a Far Cry game. Shooting people with fun weapons in a fun setting is the main selling point and Far Cry 5 does that really well.
I enjoy it to, but I'll admit I only ever played Far Cry...Instinct I think someone here told me it was called. The one where you're a Weapon-X escapee with super powers.

As for FC5 I'm straight up enjoying it. Soured on the fact there is no post-credit free play, and the endings are hot garbage, but there's a real, and I hate to use this, but traditional small-town American vibe to it. People talking about fishing at Whatever Lake with their dad, that day Peggie Petterson wore a white dress to prom, that time the guys got drunk and shot off fireworks in the field.
I actually like it! And I identify with it much more than the ones set in like Tibet or some paradise island. Not that those settings and cultures are bad, I just have to touch-stone to them like I do grilling with dad on Sundays in the back yard.

As for the villains, they did go downhill as the game went on. John Seed was the best, followed by Faith, Jacob and Joseph was sadly the worst. Joseph just sucked, Jacob is a jarhead lunatic with a thing for red disco lights, Faith was interesting and intense, especially how she got into people's minds and lost her cool as you went on. But John Seed was just sinister and great! Especially as the first area you liberate. Anyone who can convince people to tattoo their deadly sin into their flesh and then literally carve it out of them, while singing hymns and smiling is a good villain.
Still on the fence about playin the game (after hearing all the endings are ass), but what do Jacob and John Seed do differently? Aren't they both all about torture and recruitment into the cult?
John Seed makes you atone for your biggest sin, he tattoos your sin on your body and carves it out of you. Jacob Seed is a believer in survival of the fittest, thinning the herd of the weak and serious brainwashing. All of the Seeds in the game have the goal to recruit followers but they all have their own way of doing it.

B-Cell said:
JUMBO PALACE said:

You do know you're in the minority, right? If the series always failed to deliver then they wouldn't have made like 7-8 of them already.

How would you overhauled the gameplay? I know you've been asked this like 4 times already so can't you answer atleast once?
My friend, I bring back weapons jams. More emmersive. Also, I take away highlight and see throuigh walls. Make it easy ubisofsts game instead of run hardcore shoot games, like Doom and Metro.

Zombie Proof

Nov 28, 2015
DeliveryGodNoah said:
B-Cell said:
JUMBO PALACE said:

"become too cinematic"

You're going to have to elaborate on what you mean by this, because I swear to god, if you're complaining that Far Cry 3 was too story orientated while ALSO complaining that Far Cry 5 didn't have enough story, I'm calling the police.
My friend, Jason Brody boring character. Vaas much better. Jason Brody is just thrill seeking party boy while Vaas crazy evils killer. Far Cry 5 have no evil character like Vaas so they not good karacters. I don't care of story if charkcter is not gud.

Feb 7, 2016
ZombieProof said:
DeliveryGodNoah said:
B-Cell said:
JUMBO PALACE said:

"become too cinematic"

My friend, Jason Brody boring character. Vaas much better. Jason Brody is just thrill seeking party boy while Vaas crazy evils killer. Far Cry 5 have no evil character like Vaas so they not good karacters. I don't care of story if charkcter is not gud.
Well you nailed him dodging that actual point 100% perfectly. You're not...you're not actually just B-Cell on another account, right?

Zombie Proof

Nov 28, 2015
DeliveryGodNoah said:
ZombieProof said:
DeliveryGodNoah said:
B-Cell said:
JUMBO PALACE said:

"become too cinematic"

Well you nailed him dodging that actual point 100% perfectly. You're not...you're not actually just B-Cell on another account, right?
Imitating B Cell ain't hard. Just gotta turn your brain off for a bit.

Souplex

Souplex Killsplosion Awesomegasm
Jul 29, 2008
Elijin said:
This topic took no time at all to establish B-Cell has no idea what he's talking about.

Why did it have to exist, instead of just giving your thoughts about Farcry 5 in the existing Farcry 5 topic, like all us other lowly peasants?
Wasn't that well established by his first thread? I'm still of the opinion that he's just trolling us.
I've played a bit. It's far too focused on stealth for my tastes, but overall it's pretty all right.

Elijin

Elite Muppet
Legacy
Feb 15, 2009
I'll voice the one thing that bothers me about the logic being worked here.

If one Farcry game was good, and all Farcry games are just copy paste laziness, doesnt that mean all Farcrys are good? Maybe if you were saying they had gotten stale, or you'd bored of gorging on the format, sure. But you cant have one or two good games in a series, and a whole bunch of bad ones, if they're all just copy paste nonsense.

B-Cell_v1legacy

Feb 9, 2016
DeliveryGodNoah said:
B-Cell said:
JUMBO PALACE said:

"become too cinematic"

story oriented yet story is so bad. consist of rich spoilt brat trap in island by charismatic villain. didnot liked dennis and citra part. useless.

my problem with far cry 3 is soo many long unskipabble cutscene, too much is game on rail when its on mission, it dictate me what to do. i mean its open world when you are not on missoin. but when its on mission it become insanely linear.

far cry 5 didnot have story i complain instead of improving they make it worse. only good thing i can say that FC5 just doesnot have too many unskippable cutscene like 3 and 4 had. otherwise its a game worst in series by large margin.

sXeth

Elite Member
Legacy
Nov 15, 2012
only good thing i can say that FC5 just doesnot have too many unskippable cutscene like 3 and 4 had.
Well, if there was any doubt, that statement prettymuch proves he didn't actually play it. Or even read any review, since the 8 billion forced capture scenes have been a negative highlight prettymuch across the board.

B-Cell_v1legacy

Feb 9, 2016
BabyfartsMcgeezaks said:

by this logic call of duty is one of the best series because its release every year.

even far cry 3 which is most high rated was not that good. not especially once you reach to second island which was terrible.

i already explain before. no need to again.

i quit FC4 once shangri la. quit FC5 after truck shoot mission. because i was just roaming around here and there region of jacob, john and faith.

I dont care if im in minority. if game suck. it suck. and developer fault for being lazy.

and yes many peoples are just sick of annual iteration of COD, Battlefield, assassins creed and far cry. these franchise do not evolve and bring nothing new or innovative to the table.

norsef

Oct 22, 2008
The Farcry series breaks my heart. Incredible tech, great core gameplay huge marketing budget. Yet made by one of the blandest cookie cutter developers out there with repetitive missions, bad writing and not enough nerve to actually follow through with the dark controversial topics they mention. Just imagine what a better team could do with those resources. Imagine what CD Projekt could do with the Ubisoft Sandbox template.

B-Cell_v1legacy

Feb 9, 2016
norsef said:
The Farcry series breaks my heart. Incredible tech, great core gameplay huge marketing budget. Yet made by one of the blandest cookie cutter developers out there with repetitive missions, bad writing and not enough nerve to actually follow through with the dark controversial topics they mention. Just imagine what a better team could do with those resources. Imagine what CD Projekt could do with the Ubisoft Sandbox template.
CDPR make mediocre games gameplay wise. their games shine in graphics and lore and maybe storytelling which is subjective.

im only interested in cyberpunk 2077 because its futurstic cyberpunk setting plus its in First person.

Far cry under GSC game world or 4A games. now thats what a man can dream. even crytek can make a great far cry games judging by Crysis 1. even they are one who create this series.

JUMBO PALACE

Elite Member
Legacy
Jun 17, 2009
Country
USA
B-Cell said:
JUMBO PALACE said:

The best thing you can do is vote with your wallet. Mercilessly and endlessly complaining on an internet forum achieves nothing other than to reinforce the fact that you have an incredibly rigid definition of what constitutes a fun and well made game.

B-Cell_v1legacy

Feb 9, 2016
JUMBO PALACE said:
B-Cell said:
JUMBO PALACE said:

The best thing you can do is vote with your wallet. Mercilessly and endlessly complaining on an internet forum achieves nothing other than to reinforce the fact that you have an incredibly rigid definition of what constitutes a fun and well made game.
if we never complain. id software would have made original Doom 4 that was call of doom and may not we got a masterpiece that Doom reboot is.

CaitSeith

Formely Gone Gonzo
Legacy
Jun 30, 2014
B-Cell said:
JUMBO PALACE said:
because we are consumer and we have rights to complain if developers are not doing right job.
B-Cell, you're buying games you already know you won't like, and then you complain about it. You aren't a reviewer; so, as far as responsibility go, this one is on you (and nothing that you say will change that fact, my friend).

Zombie Proof

Nov 28, 2015
CaitSeith said:
B-Cell said:
JUMBO PALACE said:
because we are consumer and we have rights to complain if developers are not doing right job.
B-Cell, you're buying games you already know you won't like, and then you complain about it. You aren't a reviewer; so, as far as responsibility go, this one is on you (and nothing that you say will change that fact, my friend).
...who says he's buying em :p

Mcgeezaks

The biggest boss
Dec 31, 2009
Sweden
Country
Sweden
B-Cell said:
by this logic call of duty is one of the best series because its release every year.

even far cry 3 which is most high rated was not that good. not especially once you reach to second island which was terrible.

i already explain before. no need to again.

i quit FC4 once shangri la. quit FC5 after truck shoot mission. because i was just roaming around here and there region of jacob, john and faith.

I dont care if im in minority. if game suck. it suck. and developer fault for being lazy.

and yes many peoples are just sick of annual iteration of COD, Battlefield, assassins creed and far cry. these franchise do not evolve and bring nothing new or innovative to the table.
What logic? Where did I say that Far Cry was one of the best game series ever? Call of Duty obviously does something right considering they can release one per year and still sell like hotcakes. Whether you think so or not is irrelevant.

What you think of Far Cry 3 is irrelevant.

You haven't explained anything.

You quit FC4 because of an optional mission? Yeah that makes sense. What ''truck shoot mission''? You quit because you started roaming instead of doing missions? Makes more sense.

And I don't care if you think a game sucks because the developer is lazy, you're objectively wrong, my friend.

They do otherwise they wouldn't be relevant and still be extremely popular. Also, Far Cry isn't released every year, only time it did that was Primal after FC4.