Far Cry 6 news

happyninja42

Elite Member
Legacy
May 13, 2010
Well, having seen the character trailer for Dani, I think that she is apart of the dictator's family (again). That "So you're an orphan, huh?" bit and later in the trailer when she is interacting with what looked like a high ranking guard and the son previously mentioned. At least what it looks like to me, though I wonder how they are going to tackle the whole mess they made with 5's ending.
It wouldn't surprise me at all to learn Dani Is part of El Presidente's family. Like a cousin, probably killed off BY the dictator when he was consolidating power. Killing off a sibling that was in the way. Now Dani is out for revenge, and will have the added layer of family drama. That's very Telenovella so it would track.

Yeah I am curious how they handle FC 5, though I suspect they're just going to have it take place, either anthology style, where the events have nothing to do with any previous game. Or just have it take place before 5, chronologically.

Hawki

Elite Member
Legacy
Mar 4, 2014
Country
Australia
Part of that I'd guess was certain games journalists with Far Cry 5 (I think it was Gamespot) were upset that Far Cry 5 wasn't an explicitly "Trump Bad Republicans bad go kill Maga supporters" game and then entirely missed the actual themes and political commentary in and around the game.
There definitely were such takes, maybe not expressed in such a direct manner. I'm happy to laugh at them as well.

However, Ubisoft continues insisting its games "aren't political" when they clearly are. I don't agree with the notion that everything is political, but FFS Ubisoft, just have a spine. If you're telling a story about revolution of a Caribbean island nation heavily inspired by Cuba, then it's pretty much political ipso facto. You don't even need to take a stance on which side is right (if any), but at least own it.

There's also an audience who will do the opposite claiming they'll only buy the game if they "make Zelda a girl"..........(yes some-one on twitter really did say word to that effect and not at all realise it showed how little interest they really had in Legend of Zelda, which was the property it was brought up in context of.
...yeah, let it not be said that Twitter doesn't have its share of idiots.

Dwarvenhobble

Is on the Gin
May 26, 2020
There definitely were such takes, maybe not expressed in such a direct manner. I'm happy to laugh at them as well.

However, Ubisoft continues insisting its games "aren't political" when they clearly are. I don't agree with the notion that everything is political, but FFS Ubisoft, just have a spine. If you're telling a story about revolution of a Caribbean island nation heavily inspired by Cuba, then it's pretty much political ipso facto. You don't even need to take a stance on which side is right (if any), but at least own it.

...yeah, let it not be said that Twitter doesn't have its share of idiots.
I think it's mostly because when people say politics they mean current / current-ish events relating to actions in parliaments or relating to politicians / society. They don't generally mean eating a cheese sandwich (which yes technically that's political).

I mean Far Cry 5's politics was basically "Hey maybe this divisive political climate is bad and could open things up to people trying to take advantage of people looking for another way?". It seems very often people want things to fall on a side too.