Farcry 4 and Assassin's Creed Unity missing from Steam?

The Apple BOOM

Nov 16, 2012
So all of sudden those games aren't on steam anymore for me. Does anyone know what's going on? I read about some stuff going on in UK, but I'm in US.

Mezahmay

Dec 11, 2013
Yup. They're both gone from the US Steam store for me as well. If you search for "Assassin's Creed Unity", you'll get a broken link to the season pass. Oh man if they becomes uPay exclusive on PC I think Ubisoft's going to get shit on really hard by the PC community (not that they had much love from the PC community to begin with.)

Edit: Several editions and related products (including steel cases/case covers I couldn't tell which) for both games are available in the uPay store. Fuck Ubisoft.

Edit 2: The Crew is also gone apparently. It would appear the US store is a part of the UK store as far as Steam/Ubisoft is concerned.

Mezahmay

Dec 11, 2013
The Apple BOOM said:
Does anyone know what's going to happen to the people who preordered on Steam?
If the Ubisoft twitter account comes out and says "We take the money and we run," I may die laughing.

Sassafrass

This is a placeholder
Legacy
Aug 24, 2009
Country
United Kingdom
Yeah, they pulled them so they can sell them for £50 over on uPlay.

Ubistahp seems to be in full on damage mode lately.

Ima Lemming

Jan 16, 2009
Mezahmay said:
The Apple BOOM said:
Does anyone know what's going to happen to the people who preordered on Steam?
If the Ubisoft twitter account comes out and says "We take the money and we run," I may die laughing.
And the rest of us will have another reason to say "Fuck preorders".

I think we all know what the next Jimquisition is going to be about. Ubisoft just won't let the man talk about anything else.

Mezahmay

Dec 11, 2013
Ima Lemming said:
And the rest of us will have another reason to say "Fuck preorders".

I think we all know what the next Jimquisition is going to be about. Ubisoft just won't let the man talk about anything else.
True, but the man is Jim Fucking Sterling, son. We're going to thank God for him regardless of whether he unloads on Ubisoft or not.
That new nickname refuses to stop being funny

Adam Jensen_v1legacy

I never asked for this
Sep 8, 2011
So first they announce the ridiculous system requirements that will make it really hard for PC gamers to play AC: Unity, and then they pull it off Steam to make it even more difficult to sell.

Bro do you even business?

The Apple BOOM

Nov 16, 2012
Adam Jensen said:
So first they announce the ridiculous system requirements that will make it really hard for PC gamers to play AC: Unity, and then they pull it off Steam to make it even more difficult to sell.

Oh, they business. It's just they business like it's 2006. They want everything and are ignoring the doom coming their way.

Adam Jensen_v1legacy

I never asked for this
Sep 8, 2011
The Apple BOOM said:
Adam Jensen said:

Oh, they business. It's just they business like it's 2006. They want everything and are ignoring the doom coming their way.
It's more like they're becoming arrogant pricks again and they're repeating the same mistakes they made back in 2009. AT LEAST they're not still attempting to make their games always online. But they're not making it easy for their consumers. Well actually, for the consumers that don't lack any willpower they are making it easy. If PC gamers didn't buy their games until they started treating them with some resemblance of respect, this wouldn't be an issue even for a week.

The Apple BOOM

Nov 16, 2012
Adam Jensen said:
The Apple BOOM said:
Adam Jensen said:

It's more like they're becoming arrogant pricks again and they're repeating the same mistakes they made back in 2009. AT LEAST they're not still attempting to make their games always online. But they're not making it easy for their consumers. Well actually, for the consumers that don't lack any willpower they are making it easy. Just don't buy their games until they start treating you with some resemblance of respect and this won't be an issue.
Part of the problem is only more dedicated gamers tend to know this stuff, and Ubisoft's games are of such middling quality that a lot of dedicated gamers would pass on their games regardless.

Roxas1359

Burn, Burn it All!
Aug 8, 2009
Mezahmay said:
Honestly, with how the PR team of Ubisoft has been as of late I wouldn't be surprised if they said that. Seriously, it's like some of the big AAA publishers don't realize that you can say dumb shit on the internet and not expect a backlash. Hell, Ubisoft's PR lately made anything Don Mattrick and those other executives said about the Xbox One seem like reasonable statements. We're coming close to them surpassing Crazy Ken's "get 2 jobs" fiasco, if we've not already passed it. :p

mxc2012

Jan 9, 2010
wow, now i'm really glad i didn't preorder far cry 4, i was considering it too. bullet dodged.

i'm beginning to wonder if this is part of some plan of theirs to justify abandoning pc altogether. if they piss the players off enough more will pirate then they will lose more money to lost sales to the point where it makes financial sense to drop pc completely.

the master race doesn't want you anymore ubisoft :p

Rozalia1

Mar 1, 2014
About bloody time, if you're going to make something like Uplay than do it right. How can anyone have any semblance of confidence in such a service if Ubisoft themselves clearly don't. They are a big company, everyone knows their games and its the PC platform...paying Valve's toll makes zero sense for them.

While many will cry doom, in reality Ubisoft has enough fans that such claims are bunkum. However while I'm reading a lot of UK only stuff, I've only caught a few remarks of it being world wide. If its UK only than its a region locking of sorts (the kind to make it so people don't pay for things cheap), if its world wide move than it'll be a much nicer looking move as at least.

The Apple BOOM said:
Part of the problem is only more dedicated gamers tend to know this stuff, and Ubisoft's games are of such middling quality that a lot of dedicated gamers would pass on their games regardless.
Been seeing a lot of this sort of stuff elsewhere, its really not flattering so I'd not go there. Such talk only reveals nastiness.

Ima Lemming said:
About Ubisoft being "bad guys" by not having their game on Steam? What?

mxc2012 said:
wow, now i'm really glad i didn't preorder far cry 4, i was considering it too. bullet dodged.

i'm beginning to wonder if this is part of some plan of theirs to justify abandoning pc altogether. if they piss the players off enough more will pirate then they will lose more money to lost sales to the point where it makes financial sense to drop pc completely.

the master race doesn't want you anymore ubisoft :p
So is that master race garbage come from proclaimed PC superiority? Or being a Valvite? The bloody games are on PC, the experience will be the same...and you hate them because they did a business decision that cut out the pointless middleman than what can I say that won't be taken as absolutely heart breaking.

Little Gray

Sep 18, 2012
I am glad to see more devs are moving away from the toxicity that is steam. There is very little reason for a large developer to sell their games on steam if they can do so on their own website.