Farming games recommedations?

iseeyouthere

Jan 21, 2010
I've played a variety of different game genres. From shooters like the CoD series, Just Cause 2, Hack and Slash like Dead Rising 2, JRPGs like Kingdom Hearts (1 and 2) and RTS's like Age of Mythology, Company of heroes and Dawn of War.

Yet, after all these war games, all this fighting, I've had my share and wish to do something more quieter and slower.
Swords to plowshares, so to speak.

I've taken a high interest into farming games, such as the small from the Internet games such as Farm Mania, to console games (Harvest Moon) or games with farming elements in them (like Runescape's skill).

Right now, the only big name farming game I know of is the Harvest Moon series. I plan on getting the Wii version and retrieving my Gamecube version.
But does anyone else know of any other farming games out there?

They can have a element of farming in them or they can be solely about raising cattle and growing crops.

mushy262626

Feb 27, 2011
i hate to recommend this, but have you tried farmville? i personally didnt like it but hey, there is a reason why almost everyone on facebook plays it, mabey you'll like it?

jarkhideous

Mar 18, 2011
Minecraft. no joke just look up some of the farming mods that are out there.http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/402069-173-pams-harvestforagebonewaxclothdesertcraft-weee-flowers-aug-19th-please-vote-in-the-poll-fixed-desertcraft-recipe-bug/
this is the one i use all the time. i spend hours planting trees and and building larger and larger farms. :) I'm glad to here someone else has come to enjoy non-violent games as well.

Onyx Oblivion

Borderlands Addict. Again.
Sep 9, 2008
I find the handheld Harvest Moon games to be the best, actually.

Especially the GBA ones.

Other farming games?

Maybe try some Alchemy JRPGs for a similar spin.

Podman

Aug 17, 2011
Matthew94 said:
Podman said:
Matthew94 said:
Podman said:
There is always Animal Crossing.
Not really farming but a fantastic timesink none the less.

3DS version day 1!
You can plant things, and there is plenty of livestock walking around.
Livestock??

I always thought farming was simply a facet of the whole experience which is why I said not really a timesink.
The entire town is livestock the way I see it. Also, what is a bigger part of the farming lifestyle than the constant threat of being foreclosed upon by the bank ?

iseeyouthere

Jan 21, 2010
Animal Crossing is rather limited. Thanks though, I have played it before. XP

Thank you for your suggestions.

Also: If anyone is interested, check out Farm Mania 1 and 2.