Farmville

Sronpop

Mar 26, 2009
Anyone else play Farmville. I am sure most of you have heard of it, if not, it's basically a browser game on Facebook. Now I know what most of you are thinking(BURN IT WITH FIRE!) and I was with most of you untill a few days ago. After much persuasion I logged into my seldom used Facebook account this week and after much debate tried out Farmville since I had oodles of requests. What I was expecting was a lame browser game that entertains the 'casual' gamer, and while it does that, it does so much more.

I was thoroughly impressed with the fact that it works in real time, ie plant some strawberries and they are ready in 4 etc. Not in game time, real time. I liked this. I saw its potential. I saw the potential for the 'hardcore' gamer. By simply biding your game time with real life activities, you can find yourself, maybe playing it for 15 mins at a time, multiple times in the day. Its amazing.

I quickly thought to take advantage of this, and for a student is on and offline more times a day than I can count, I quickly fell in love with this game and the rewards you can reap from playing it smart. There is much more to it than I will explain here, but coupling the gameplay with your friends and their farm and being able to reap rewards provided your friends play is hugely infectious. I personally have never played a game like this and it implements two features which could become huge features in the future, real time play and social networking with in game benefits.

So I ask you Escapist, do you play Farmville, do you like its concept, or do you just hate it for its lack of 'hardcoreness'?

wolfy098

May 1, 2009
No I personally want to rip up the software
burn it
and put the ashes in a 200 foot hole in the Hadarac desert
and cover up the hole but that's just me

khaimera

Perfect Strangers
Jun 23, 2009
I dont like farmville becuase I did not find it fun to plant and harvest vegetation. I've never been in to the sim genre of games though. I am addicted to mafia wars, even though i dont even read what I'm clicking on half of the time. I think I just like leveling up for its own sake. Tons of my friends love farmville though and those requests never stop coming in.

Cilliandrew

Jul 10, 2009
My grandma keeps sending me stuff on it. I personally have no idea what it actually is, but she seems to play it a ton, and the last time i saw her, she asked me if i like my gifts.

QuirkyTambourine

Jul 26, 2009
I enjoy the game when I have time. Usually I'll make a crop that needs 3 or so days before harvesting so I don't have to worry about it dying on me due to my poor memory/busy schedule. I do feel bad when dozens of people gift me things and help out on my farm, because I never return the favor.

Also, I knew I was way too into that game when I actually got out a calculator and figured out the yield of a crop

Sronpop

Mar 26, 2009
QuirkyTambourine said:
I enjoy the game when I have time. Usually I'll make a crop that needs 3 or so days before harvesting so I don't have to worry about it dying on me due to my poor memory/busy schedule. I do feel bad when dozens of people gift me things and help out on my farm, because I never return the favor.

Also, I knew I was way too into that game when I actually got out a calculator and figured out the yield of a crop
I tried to find a wiki with the stats already there for me!

DazZ.

Elite Member
Jun 4, 2009
No, and this is why people who know nothing of PC gaming look at me funny when I say I only play games on my PC.