Fat Princess Still Fat, Still Awesome

Somethingfake

Oct 22, 2008
"Princess is most definitely one of the most exciting digital titles in 2009"? Christ, hold on mate, it's only thirteen days into the bloody year!

Cousin_IT

Feb 6, 2008
Indigo_Dingo said:
I personally am a little worried about the gameplay side. The actual defense part seems to require time (building structures, upgrading classes, stuffing the fatty, so on and so forth). Doesn't this mean that the highly practical first option is a Zerg rush? To which there seems to be no defense?
Given the mechanics involved (not least the princess becoming harder to move as she gets fatter) I think the first wave rush is probably what they want unless theres some other mechanic in the way like 5min ceasefire at start or something. Gives an incentive not to have everyone just turtle up at least which is a nice change.

Damn you Sony. Thats 3 games you now have that I want...only need another 5/6 more n I might consider forking out £300 for ur obsidian monolith.

Cousin_IT

Feb 6, 2008
Indigo_Dingo said:
Cousin_IT said:
Damn you Sony. Thats 3 games you now have that I want...only need another 5/6 more n I might consider forking out £300 for ur obsidian monolith.
You're convinced by a downloadable title?
An exclusive downloadable title :)

SomeBritishDude

Nov 1, 2007
Indigo_Dingo said:
Cousin_IT said:
Indigo_Dingo said:
I personally am a little worried about the gameplay side. The actual defense part seems to require time (building structures, upgrading classes, stuffing the fatty, so on and so forth). Doesn't this mean that the highly practical first option is a Zerg rush? To which there seems to be no defense?
Given the mechanics involved (not least the princess becoming harder to move as she gets fatter) I think the first wave rush is probably what they want unless theres some other mechanic in the way like 5min ceasefire at start or something. Gives an incentive not to have everyone just turtle up at least which is a nice change.
Yes, but then is that to be the eternal struggle? Its either gonna be over before half the people haqve figured out whats going on, or dragging on until its decided by forfeit?

Or is it possible to have a compromise between the two? How do Starcraft gamers manage to solve it?
Couldn't you have a barrackad deviding the battle for the first 20 seconds so you have enough time to build some doors and get organised for any serge attempt?

TimeLord

For the Emperor!
Legacy
Aug 15, 2008
is it just me or are feminists being rather hypocritical? they complain when you have games that objectify women, they complain about games where women are there as sexual eye candy and are just the damsel in distress!

Now they are complaining about a game where the woman is

a) a bloody cartoon!

b) not thin and un-natural (just fat and un-natural but more possible than being that thin and having gravity defying tits!!)

I really dont get their argument here, developers go too far one way or the other and they get complained at for it :S what do feminists want from a female in a game nowadays?

Samah

Jul 7, 2008
Timelord91 said:
is it just me or are feminists being rather hypocritical? they complain when you have games that objectify women, they complain about games where women are there as sexual eye candy and are just the damsel in distress!
I don't see them complaining about the male heroes in a lot of games being topless with muscles bulging everywhere (sexual eye candy for women). It's hypocrisy at its finest.

nathan-dts

Jun 18, 2008
Indigo_Dingo said:
"Step right up folks, come and witness the wonders of the year soiled before your eyes as activisits square off to ruin it for everyone. Who will be successful?"

Uggh. Oh well.

Game still looks great, but to be honest I'm slightly more drawn to Noby Noby Boy. The guys who made Katamari decide to break out their stash again, I personally look foward to the unveiling day.
Katamari Damacy confused me just like Noby Noby Boy; the screenshots are just so random.

nathan-dts

Jun 18, 2008
Timelord91 said:

Now they are complaining about a game where the woman is

a) a bloody cartoon!

b) not thin and un-natural (just fat and un-natural but more possible than being that thin and having gravity defying tits!!)

I really dont get their argument here, developers go too far one way or the other and they get complained at for it :S what do feminists want from a female in a game nowadays?
Leave it; controversy sells so this is great for developers.

Vlane

Sep 14, 2008
That is....awesome. I hope it comes to the austrian PSN when it get's released.

Taunto

Jan 9, 2009
To me it seems pretty funny but i dont think im gonna spend money on a game that i am not very interested in.