Fat Princess Weighs in This Month

Keane Ng

Sep 11, 2008
Fat Princess Weighs in This Month

Hungry for Fat Princess? Don't worry - you'll be getting your fill of the PSN title when it releases late this month.

While we wait in suspense to see what Sony has in store for us tomorrow at its press conference, let's take a moment to reflect on Sony's E3 2008 presser. That Resistance 2 demo was mighty impressive back then, but what I remember having the strongest impression of after the conference was over was something else: Fat Princess.

It's been about a year since Fat Princess managed to WTF us enough with its absurd premise and blatantly silly title to loom large in the future of PSN games. Since then we've gotten to take the game for a devouring cake [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/articles/view/conferences/gdc_2009/5896-GDC-2009-Fat-Princess-Hands-On] to get into the beta, and, soon enough, we'll get to actually play the game in all its girth and glory when it's released on PSN in "late June."

Sony's European PlayStation blog revealed [http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2009/06/01/whats-coming-up-on-psn-this-june/] the game's release window, along with word of a Ghostbusters demo, new LittleBigPlanet costume packs and more for June. Presumably this would mean that the game will be out around the same time in the US, but you never really know. Some easily offended obese princess here in the States might start a petition against it and delay the release. Fatty fingers crossed this doesn't happen.

VZLANemesis

Jan 29, 2009
Wonder if I'll be able to play it with little/no lag here in south america.
I want this game BADLY. Right now, I'm liking more the titles that are coming out for the PSN than the big games coming for the ps3.

NeedAUserName

Aug 7, 2008
I thought they scrapped this after a feminist group decided it was sexist or at least something along those lines...

theultimateend

Nov 1, 2007
needausername said:
I thought they scrapped this after a feminist group decided it was sexist or at least something along those lines...
I figured fat princess was an innuendo for drugs like pineapple express or something.

I'm so surprised that it literally is about a fat princess that I'm tempted to get it just from that shock.

Jumplion

Mar 10, 2008
Woot! I'll be snacking on princesses in no time!

Wait, that may have sounded awkward...

Fingerprint

Elite Member
Oct 30, 2008
Well at least its breaking the Barbie-esque stereotype of every girl, princess, whatever, is a stick-thin glamour model.

plastic_window

Jun 29, 2008
Cripes! Late June! I really want this game to do well. It's a shame I don't have a PS3, this looks like a really fun little game. It might be the future flagship of the PSN. Right now, Live has PSN beaten pretty well with good arcade games. Hopefully Fat Princess is a sign of good things to come.

MrMisfit

Apr 8, 2008
I've been looking forward to this ever since I saw it in Playstation Home's theater.

ChromeAlchemist

Aug 21, 2008
Overthinker did an episode concerning this game, I'll probably put it up next week in the official thread http://www.escapistmagazine.com/forums/read/9.115047?page=3 .

Lord Krunk

Mar 3, 2008
Indigo_Dingo said:
needausername said:
If people stopped their games whenever oversensitive groups yelled at them.....
Then we would probably have none.

ChromeAlchemist

Aug 21, 2008
Indigo_Dingo said:
ChromeAlchemist said:
Overthinker did an episode concerning this game, I'll probably put it up next week in the official thread http://www.escapistmagazine.com/forums/read/9.115047?page=3 .
No-one cares what he thinks, and the fact that half the soldiers are women mean the only people who have any right to be offended are fat people.
A few pages of posts including your own seem to suggest otherwise.

plastic_window

Jun 29, 2008
Indigo_Dingo said:
No it doesn't, most people agree that the PsN has Live beaten on downloadable games.
I can't think of any notable PSN games offhand other than Fat Princess. To name only one title, XBL has Braid, which was nominated for several Game of the Year awards. I can't remember seeing any exclusive PSN titles on even any Arcade-game of the Year lists.

Frank_Sinatra_

Digs Giant Robots
Dec 30, 2008
Jumplion said:
Woot! I'll be snacking on princesses in no time!

Wait, that may have sounded awkward...
AH HA HA HA HA HA HA!
Best line of the day!

plastic_window said:
Indigo_Dingo said:
No it doesn't, most people agree that the PsN has Live beaten on downloadable games.
I can't think of any notable PSN games offhand other than Fat Princess. To name only one title, XBL has Braid, which was nominated for several Game of the Year awards. I can't remember seeing any exclusive PSN titles on even any Arcade-game of the Year lists.
Flower, Noby Noby Boy, Echochrome, The Last Guy, should I go on?

On Topic: Sweet! I've been waiting for this game for so long!