Father Kinects With An Elbow to the Face

Digikid

Dec 29, 2007
Greg Tito said:
the first bodily harm caused by Microsoft's peripheral.
Are you really that crazy? Did the Kinect throw itself into the childs face? No it did not....therefore this accident was NOT caused by the Kinect in any way.

The fault is the players alone. They should have stayed apart LIKE THE KINECT SAYS and avoided this unfortunate incident.

May want to watch the wording next time.

Warachia

Aug 11, 2009
this reminds me of the wii, when everyone would hit others and themselves because they were too close, one guy cut his hand badly by breacking his cieling fan/lights

dibblywibbles

Mar 20, 2009
Hilarious! almost as funny as kids hitting their dads in the nuts with baseball bats by accident! that man is a hero to all victims of baseball or bat to the groin fathers everywhere!

Ghored

Mar 15, 2010
When you have controllers, you're moving pretty much all five of your fingers, maybe not all at once, but that's pretty much it.

When you have Kinect, you're moving pretty much your entire body.

Microsoft could not release Kinect and NOT expect someone to hit a fellow player a short time after It's released somewhere.

SelectivelyEvil13

Jul 28, 2010
I had to replay the ending just for more smiles. :)

Want even more? Imagine that the kid is the irksome prat spewing bigoted remarks during a Halo match. Oh, I feel so warm inside already!

Now I can't wait for the first recorded fight to break out after "accidental" hits between players.

Skops

Mar 9, 2010
So when something like that happens, what shows on the screen? Did Kinect take pictures of this one?

daz_O_O

Click me I'm here!
Aug 27, 2008
My favourite part: Having just concussed his kid in a manner most epic, the Dad's first reaction was "Ow, what hit my elbow?". Classic.

lacktheknack

Je suis joined jewels.
Jan 19, 2009
Elbow Kinected to face, lulz ensued.

In all seriousness, OW. I hope that kid didn't have to go to the hospital.

lacktheknack

Je suis joined jewels.
Jan 19, 2009
Kalezian said:
OT: see, videogames do promote and cause violence......well, atleast the consoles do, I dont think I have heard of a PC hurting anyone.
Look up "Angry German Kid"...

geldonyetich

Aug 2, 2006
KINECT: Finally providing an excuse other than falling down the stairs for abusive families everywhere.

Carnage95

Sep 21, 2009
Oh God, that was... AH HA HA HA!!! That was hilarious!

Maybe they shouldn't have stood so close to each other.

brunothepig

May 18, 2009
ANImaniac89 said:
Microsoft's Kinect making the Nintendo Wii look mature and dignified in comparison since 11-4-10.

Also wondering how long it will take Japan to make a Hentai dating-Sim for Kinect (that could get really awkward)
Imagine someone walking in on someone else playing it...
ARGH! Bad mental image.
OT: That was a much harder hit than I expected. Awesome. Was quite amusing, but there are better fails in the realm of the Wii for now. Kinect does have potential though...

cainx10a

May 17, 2008
brunothepig said:
ANImaniac89 said:
Microsoft's Kinect making the Nintendo Wii look mature and dignified in comparison since 11-4-10.

Also wondering how long it will take Japan to make a Hentai dating-Sim for Kinect (that could get really awkward)
Imagine someone walking in on someone else playing it...
ARGH! Bad mental image.
OT: That was a much harder hit than I expected. Awesome. Was quite amusing, but there are better fails in the realm of the Wii for now. Kinect does have potential though...
Those sadly already exists, although not on kinect > . > ... you can always check nsfw sources like Sankaku if you want to find more > . <

Sonic Doctor

Time Lord / Whack-A-Newbie!
Jan 9, 2010
thethingthatlurks said:
Hilarious! See, THIS is exactly what we get from stupid concepts like motion control. Let's be safe and ban it entirely!
Knowing the range of Kinect and how far away people can be from each other, the accident isn't the fault of Kinect. They we're just too close to each other.

This doesn't prove that motion controls are a stupid concept. Motion controls are just one step in the road to holodecks.

People that harp on motion controls come out sounding like my grandma who thinks the internet is a stupid fad.

brtshstel

Dec 16, 2008
Not only did Microsoft come in late with that idea of interface after Nintendo did it first, but they're also getting the same kind of unintended dangers of non-static controls, just like when Nintendo did it first. The only difference is that Microsoft's version doesn't have a controller to hold.

It's still funny. Of all the ways to get hit short of a weapon, the elbow and knee are the LAST parts I want to get hit with.