Father Throws His 7-Year-Old Son Overboard

LobsterFeng

Apr 10, 2011
http://www.deseretnews.com/article/700174890/Angry-passengers-watch-7-year-old-thrown-overboard.html

I know there are probably way worse fathers out there, but seriously I'm having trouble finding words. Makes me sick.

Shoot Here

May 12, 2011
That's terrible on all accounts. Sadly, I can help but think it sounds like something by dad would do.

DAPLR

Nov 11, 2010
Pah! This nothing. Infact, its a nice story. The drunk dad gets mad at his whining kid, but realises the fault of his action and decides to go in after him.
Honestly, has your dad ever done something ridiculous or stupid? Albeit, this story is the end of the spectrum, still. My dad actually dropped me into a river from a bridge during a swimming race. He was so sorry afterwards <:)

New Troll

Mar 26, 2009
I am a single father and if I ever found out my son's mother did anything like this, what little time she does spend with him would be through.

wadark

Dec 22, 2007
Still I wait for many parents to learn that there's an inverse correlation between the effort you put into making your child "Shut up" and how much they actually stop crying.

Love conquers all, guys, seriously.

Jakub324

Jan 23, 2011
Doesn't matter how remorseful he is, he shouldn't have been allowed near the kid if he was as drunk as he must have been. That or his girlfriend's talking out of her arse.

ShindoL Shill

Truely we are the Our Avatars XI
Jul 11, 2011
wadark said:
Still I wait for many parents to learn that there's an inverse correlation between the effort you put into making your child "Shut up" and how much they actually stop crying.

Love conquers all, guys, seriously.
so does rohypnol, but i dont give it to litte wankers.
OT: well... at least he went in to save the kid.

standokan

May 28, 2009
That's like the definition of a bad father.

Then again, according to pirate rules: mutiny justifies throwing a person overboard.

Jodah

Aug 2, 2008
When I read "The kids are his whole life" I couldn't help thinking "Not for long!"

Dags90

Oct 27, 2009
I'm upset that people are so conditioned to not interfere with a strangers parenting that no one confronted a drunk man "rough housing" with a seven year old on a boat.

krazykidd

Mar 22, 2008
Ummmm so? He didn't kill the boy he threw him overboard . Isn 't this the knd of things fathers are auppose to do? We all have fathers that did some kind of shit to us for us to toughen up . And we didn't turn out so bad . I guess people are more sensitive now than back in the day . But hell , my dad always said what doesn't kill you makes you stronger . Trust me , in 10 years this boy will thank his dad for what he did.

emeraldrafael

Jul 17, 2010
Hunh, his idea of rough housing is about the same as my uncle's. Of course my uncle got away with what he did.

Also, its good to see all the good samaritans were on that boat that day. not one of them stopped the father fromt hrowing hsi kid overboard, but they all feel justified to be upset by it. Theres a word for that, and its called accessory.

But at least the guy went in after hsi son, and Id like to give the guy the benefit of the doubt and say hes a half way decent person when hes sober.

krazykidd

Mar 22, 2008
Dags90 said:
I hate that people are so conditioned to not interfere with a strangers parenting that no one confronted a drunk man "rough housing" with a seven year old on a boat.
Do u have kids ? Ever see a parent disciplin their child in public ? I know it's not at all the same situation but , if you were trying to disciplin your child at a grocery store and someone came up and talked to you because "they" don't think it's the right way ( and i think kids should be disciplined more anyways), how would you react ? Now reading the article we know the father was drunk BUT at the event it was probably not obvious until the police got there . And theres different levels of drunk , he could have drinken enough to mess up hia judgement but not enough for him to look like a deadbeat drunk if you will. Hell people walk down the street after drinking all the time and you couldn't tell be looking at them

Dags90

Oct 27, 2009
krazykidd said:
Ever see a parent disciplin their child in public ? I know it's not at all the same situation but , if you were trying to disciplin your child at a grocery store and someone came up and talked to you because "they" don't think it's the right way ( and i think kids should be disciplined more anyways), how would you react ? Now reading the article we know the father was drunk BUT at the event it was probably not obvious until the police got there . And theres different levels of drunk , he could have drinken enough to mess up hia judgement but not enough for him to look like a deadbeat drunk if you will. Hell people walk down the street after drinking all the time and you couldn't tell be looking at them
I'd probably be offended, but if it happened regularly, or with a large group of people it might even cause me to question myself. And I don't see why offending a stranger should place below even potentially helping out a child. He's on a boat, surrounded by other strangers, so it's not even as if he's particularly dangerous to other adults.

dexxyoto

Mar 24, 2009
My first thought is why didn't someone intervene but after thinking on it I can understand why nobody did. it's considered very wrong in our society to approach a parent dealing with their child even if you disagree with it.