US
Daedalus1942 said:
Veldie said:
Daedalus1942 said:
Hisshiss said:
Julianking93 said:
Out of all the FFs I've played (VIII, X, X-2, XII) my favourite comes from XIII

Just beautiful <3

That song does deserve extreme special mention, I couldn't for the life of me finish the actual game, but the soundtrack was more than worthy of the final fantasy brand.

I'm also in love with lightning. Like srsly. <3.
Why does everyone hate FFXIII so much?
It drags on a little up until chapter 11 sure, but 11 really opens up the world, is immense fun, brought back the difficulty into the series and the story is actually very well put together.
I just don't understand it...
-Tabs<3-
People like to ride the hate bandwagon I liked it it wasnt my fav but a good game none the less

My friend refuses to talk or akwnloage it because he hates it so and yet he never played it he thinks watching someone playing a bit gives him a proper quality opion -_-;
I'll admit it takes quite a long while to get going and apart from the challenging bosses at chapter ends, it wasn't anything too amazing, but chapter 11 changes everything, and is incredibly akin to the calm lands of X, it opens up the world, opens up your characters in terms of customization and I have to say finally brought challenges back to the series, and this is now easily one of my favourite games in the series.
Even the Cieth Missions remind me of Marks from X.
-Tabs<3-
I think my only real complaints was Hope and way to much HP for some things

But ya I know how ya feel it did feel like the calm lands i spent so much time maxing everything then theres more to fill up after anouther boss later on x.X

I am glad I got FFXIII when I did on release

Hisshiss

Aug 10, 2010
Daedalus1942 said:
Hisshiss said:
Julianking93 said:

Just beautiful <3

That song does deserve extreme special mention, I couldn't for the life of me finish the actual game, but the soundtrack was more than worthy of the final fantasy brand.

It drags on a little up until chapter 11 sure, but 11 really opens up the world, is immense fun, brought back the difficulty into the series and the story is actually very well put together.
-Tabs<3-
Oh I don't hate the game at all, I just couldn't finish, as in, it was too hard x.x..the stat caps in the early game caused trouble as a beginner, and then the weapon upgrade system never worked out for me, so by the time I got to gran pulse I just had awful equips.

The linearity of it made me anxious, but I got over it.

So yeah, if it had been easier, i would have gladly finished, as it stood I got about 25 hours in =\.

Edit: It was a gamefly rental and after just giving up from exhaustion at the start of the dungeon right after you get Vanilles eidelon I ended up sending it back. Just didn't think I had the energy to try anymore and I had other releases pending that I needed to free the queue up for. I still consider buying a used copy from time to time and trying again. Otherwise Im buying 13-2 on day one and making sure to finish that one xD. Second times gonna be the charm.

viranimus

Thread killer
Nov 20, 2009
Veldie said:
viranimus said:
If square ever does give 7 a revamp, they need to use this version of the song in place of the original.
I want a remake of FFVI before anything they need to stop redoing FFIV
Yes.. unfortunately if what I am hearing is true and its something they intend for the 3ds I guess it means I will be forced to buy a 3ds and then promptly sell it once ive played the 3d incarnation. Thank god for pawn shops.

Veldel

Mitth'raw'nuruodo
Legacy
Apr 28, 2010
Lost in my mind
Country
US
Julianking93 said:
Veldie said:
OMG I love your avi that anime was so awsome and indeed its a amazing song :3
Hehehe, thanks ^_^
I'm amazed someone actually knows this anime >.>
Well when you get catgirls + anime I tend to find it >_> speaking of which I want a catgirl raygun XD

Daedalus1942

Jun 26, 2009
Veldie said:
Daedalus1942 said:
Veldie said:
Daedalus1942 said:
Hisshiss said:
Julianking93 said:

Just beautiful <3

-Tabs<3-
People like to ride the hate bandwagon I liked it it wasnt my fav but a good game none the less

My friend refuses to talk or akwnloage it because he hates it so and yet he never played it he thinks watching someone playing a bit gives him a proper quality opion -_-;
I'll admit it takes quite a long while to get going and apart from the challenging bosses at chapter ends, it wasn't anything too amazing, but chapter 11 changes everything, and is incredibly akin to the calm lands of X, it opens up the world, opens up your characters in terms of customization and I have to say finally brought challenges back to the series, and this is now easily one of my favourite games in the series.
-Tabs<3-

But ya I know how ya feel it did feel like the calm lands i spent so much time maxing everything then theres more to fill up after anouther boss later on x.X

Yes, Hope was incredibly annoying, but I liked Lightning, despite her being a female version of Cloud (Ex Soldier, Ex Guardian), her name's Claire, She joins NOAH, a mercenary group to fight the establishment yeah... anyway.
I liked the whole normal monsters having an immense amount of hp, aside frim King Behemoths...
I can't kill them without getting a preemptive and killing them outright before they stand on 2 legs. >.<
-Tabs<3-

Veldel

Mitth'raw'nuruodo
Legacy
Apr 28, 2010
Lost in my mind
Country
US
viranimus said:
Veldie said:
viranimus said:
If square ever does give 7 a revamp, they need to use this version of the song in place of the original.
I want a remake of FFVI before anything they need to stop redoing FFIV
Yes.. unfortunately if what I am hearing is true and its something they intend for the 3ds I guess it means I will be forced to buy a 3ds and then promptly sell it once ive played the 3d incarnation. Thank god for pawn shops.
as somthing in how Kefka would say
I HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE the 3DS -_-

Please note I do like nintendo and I have many options for why I dont want or like the 3DS

Veldel

Mitth'raw'nuruodo
Legacy
Apr 28, 2010
Lost in my mind
Country
US
Daedalus1942 said:
Veldie said:
Daedalus1942 said:
Veldie said:
Daedalus1942 said:
Hisshiss said:
Julianking93 said:

Just beautiful <3

-Tabs<3-

-Tabs<3-

Yes, Hope was incredibly annoying, but I liked Lightning, despite her being a female version of Cloud (Ex Soldier, Ex Guardian), her name's Claire, She joins NOAH, a mercenary group to fight the establishment yeah... anyway.
I liked the whole normal monsters having an immense amount of hp, aside frim King Behemoths...
I can't kill them without getting a preemptive and killing them outright before they stand on 2 legs. >.<
-Tabs<3-
What made me hate Hope more was he got my fav summon in all of FF series.

Oh god I hated hated King Behemoths also but I think my fav char was Sazh or as I call him Chocobo Head :3

Daedalus1942

Jun 26, 2009
Hisshiss said:
Daedalus1942 said:
Hisshiss said:
Julianking93 said:

Just beautiful <3

-Tabs<3-
Oh I don't hate the game at all, I just couldn't finish, as in, it was too hard x.x..the stat caps in the early game caused trouble as a beginner, and then the weapon upgrade system never worked out for me, so by the time I got to gran pulse I just had awful equips.

So yeah, if it had been easier, i would have gladly finished, as it stood I got about 25 hours in =\.

Edit: It was a gamefly rental and after just giving up from exhaustion at the start of the dungeon right after you get Vanilles eidelon I ended up sending it back. Just didn't think I had the energy to try anymore and I had other releases pending that I needed to free the queue up for. I still consider buying a used copy from time to time and trying again. Otherwise Im buying 13-2 on day one and making sure to finish that one xD. Second times gonna be the charm.
The sequel will be easier, it's kingdom hearts style combat. I'm not sure I'm okay with that.
I absolutely love XIII purely for the difficulty. It's easily the Hardest Final Fantasy game since VIII which I also loved and everyone else seems to hate.
I'm sensing a pattern here.
-Tabs<3-

burningdragoon

Warrior without Weapons
Jul 27, 2009
Daedalus1942 said:
It drags on a little up until chapter 11 sure
-Tabs<3-
That right there is one of the biggest issues. Dragging for 11ish of the 13 chapters is not a good thing at all. I came away mostly positive to it myself, but I understand most of the hate. (not the necessarily the extremity of it though)

Anyway, I have a lot of 'favorites' but here is... one of them

<youtube=W7RPY-oiDAQ>

Hisshiss

Aug 10, 2010
Daedalus1942 said:
Hisshiss said:
Daedalus1942 said:
Hisshiss said:
Julianking93 said:

Just beautiful <3

-Tabs<3-

The sequel will be easier, it's kingdom hearts style combat. I'm not sure I'm okay with that.
I absolutely love XIII purely for the difficulty. It's easily the Hardest Final Fantasy game since VIII which I also loved and everyone else seems to hate.
I'm sensing a pattern here.
-Tabs<3-
Difficulty is a tough topic to agree on since everyone has different ranges of comfort. I could have finished the game, but It just didn't feel right.

As for the sequel, kingdom hearts style you say? I was expecting the same system as the first, which I actually liked ALOT. Like alot alot, again, if the game was like...10% easier and used a less confusing weapon upgrade system it would have been golden for me.

Still, I loved the kingdom hearts combat system alot, so that's just as good :3.

Daedalus1942

Jun 26, 2009
Veldie said:
Daedalus1942 said:
Veldie said:
Daedalus1942 said:
Veldie said:
Daedalus1942 said:
Hisshiss said:
Julianking93 said:

Just beautiful <3

-Tabs<3-

-Tabs<3-

-Tabs<3-
What made me hate Hope more was he got my fav summon in all of FF series.

Oh god I hated hated King Behemoths also but I think my fav char was Sazh or as I call him Chocobo Head :3
Alexander was my favourite summon in IX, but to be honest in XIII, he looked kind of lame, ESPECIALLY in gestalt mode.
I liked Shiva the best.
Gestalt mode is two lesbians scissoring each other, what's not to like? :D
Also, there's no point training to fill everything up until your second playthrough.
Tabs<3-

Edager6882

Dec 21, 2010
FFVII Aerith's Theme song. After all these years it still makes me sad to hear it.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4CK2hx377iU

2xDouble

Mar 15, 2010
Those Who Fight Further, Final Fantasy VII.

Honorable Mentions:
Liberi Fatali (VIII)
Man with the Machine Gun(VIII)
Maybe I'm a Lion (VIII)
Vamo' Alla Flamenco (IX)
Clash on the Big Bridge (V)
Otherworld (X)
Cosmo Canyon (VII)
Aria de Mezzo Carattere, aka. "Darkness and Starlight", or "Maria and Draco" (VI)
To Zanarkand (X)
Theme of Love (IV)
Dancing Mad (VI)
Battle with the Four Fiends (IV)

And last but not least:
Final Fantasy (Main Theme):

Come to think of it... I love pretty much all Final Fantasy music.

Ellen of Kitten

Nov 30, 2010
It's a hard choice. My favorite Final Fantasies are 6 and 7, and of those, some GREAT music has been made from the originals. An inspiring work of art done by Overclocked Remix collabing was a CD of remixes. Of those, this is probably my favorite.

There is a LEGAL and FREE torrent of their work. Just search for "Voices of the Lifestream." (I'm not going link it and chance mod wrath just in case there's some misunderstanding of "free" and "Legal.") It's how OC Remix prefers to distribute their work. Short of that, there's always youtube.

FirebirdXR

Feb 22, 2011
You gotta love Tony Dickinson's (aka: Prince of Darkness) remixes.

I particularly dig his Dancing MadXOne Winged Angel remix.

I got the MP3 download here. http://www.tonydickinson.net/media/Prince_of_Darkness_-_Prancing_Dad.mp3