Favorite 3rd party N64 games

Ando85

Apr 27, 2011
We all loved Zelda and Mario (at least most of us) but, during the N64 era what were some of your favorite 3rd party titles?

What comes to mind is how much I loved Blast Corps. I feel the game is under appreciated. The amount of variety between races, destroying stuff, and puzzle like aspects to quickly pave the way for an exploding carrier was simply amazing. I had hours upon hours of fun playing this game.

martyrdrebel27

Feb 16, 2009
Battletanx or Battletanks. i forget if they spelled it XTREME! or not, but i had so much fun with that. and Blast Corps. two gems if you missed them.

uh, Turok 2 was third party, yes?

Edit: to be honest, i was so excited and prepared with my answers from the title that i didn't see the OP. sorry. but i'm glad to see another Blast Corps fan.

FreakSheet

Jul 16, 2011
Was Rareware 3rd party? If so, Banjo Kazooie Tooie (spot the reference? ;D), Goldeneye, and Blast Corps.

KRbertsproduck5

May 29, 2010
I think Conkers Bad Fur Day or Duke Nukem. But this thread is retarded because everyone is going to say Banjo Kazooie or Goldeneye though.

Dumori

Dumori(masoddaa)
May 28, 2010
Diakattana

now in all seriousness the Turok games where AWESOME.

The Rare games where Epic, Both Banjo games and DK64 and perfect dark are among some of the best games I've played. Wether they are 3rd party is a issue.

Ando85

Apr 27, 2011
A few others I loved besides Blast Corps was Bomberman 64 and Mystical Ninja Starring Goemon. I wish these games were on Wii VC as I don't own an n64 anymore.

varulfic

Jul 12, 2008
Anyone got any favorites not made by Rare? That'd be interesting to hear. I don't think I even played any N64 games not made by nintendo or rare.

Rylot

May 14, 2010
Starcraft 64... Anyway, after Golden Eye and Zelda OoT I'm gonna go with Star Wars Rogue Squadron.

Ando85

Apr 27, 2011
varulfic said:
Anyone got any favorites not made by Rare? That'd be interesting to hear. I don't think I even played any N64 games not made by nintendo or rare.
Yea seems most of the best 3rd party are Rare. Another game that comes to mind is Quest 64. It got horrible reviews and is often dubbed one of the worst N64 games alongside the infamous Superman 64. Despite that I actually had a blast with the game.

Ando85

Apr 27, 2011
Rylot said:
Starcraft 64... Anyway, after Golden Eye and Zelda OoT I'm gonna go with Star Wars Rogue Squadron.
Almost forgot about the Star Wars games. Though mostly negative reception by critics I loved Shadows of the Empire.

otakon17

Jun 21, 2010
Mystical Ninja(starring Goemon)64. The bloody damn boss battles were awesome, especially the last one.

DustyDrB

Made of ticky tacky
Jan 19, 2010
You know...I could say Banjo-Kazooie. And I could say Shadows of the Empire.

But my third most-played game back when I had an N64 (after Ocarina of Time, Super Mario 64, and Majora's Mask):

I played this game a ridiculous amount. And all my players had epic season after epic season (100 home runs! 300 steals! .750 batting average! 15 perfect games!).

Ando85

Apr 27, 2011
DustyDrB said:
You know...I could say Banjo-Kazooie. And I could say Shadows of the Empire.

But my third most-played game back when I had an N64 (after Ocarina of Time, Super Mario 64, and Majora's Mask):

I played this game a ridiculous amount. And all my players had epic season after epic season (100 home runs! 300 steals! .750 batting average! 15 perfect games!).
I remember a friend had this game. Every time I would go to his house (which was frequent as he was across the street neighbour.) he would be playing it. I'm not a huge sports gamer by any means but this one along with NBA Jam on SNES/Genesis, are two of my favorite sports games.

MetalDooley

Cwipes!!!
Feb 9, 2010
Country
Ireland
Just to clarify this Rare were not a 3rd party developer.Nintendo owned 49% of the company making them a 2nd party developer

OT: Star Wars:Rogue Squadron,Shadows of the Empire,Body Harvest and WWF No Mercy were some of my favs