Fox1789

Dec 3, 2008
i hate beer but i LOVE liquor especially everclear and vodka

my fav mixed drink is a fuzzy naval

and my fav shot is a royal flush

Summerstorm

Elite Member
Sep 19, 2008
A Good Irish coffee is cool. (I like getting fat and drunk the same time.. MORE CREAM)
And even as a german i should be a "beer-gourmet" i love Desperados... i mean it is horrible beer, mixed with bad Tequila (and i HATE Tequila)... but what comes out tastes awesome.

Also i love Mead... (And yes i have a beard and long, blond hair)

amazinglettera

Bandersnatch
Jan 25, 2009
Beer: Newcastle, Moose Drool, Blue Moon (In no particular order)

Wine: I don't drink wine (gives me a headache)

Straight Liquor: Whiskey (Jameson or Crown, Tequila (Patron)

Mixed Drink: Margaritas, Jack n' Coke

Liqueour: American Honey

tehweave

Gaming Wildlife
Apr 5, 2009
Curbsidewhiskey said:
A "Flaming Dr. Pepper" is probably one of the most devious drinks known to man. It is special olympics in a glass. 2 or 3 of these drink will knock you on your ass in a hearbeat.

Heres how to make one: 3/4 shot of Bacardi 151. 1/4 shot of Khalua. A half pint of beer. And a lighter.
Take the shot fill up with Bacardi 3/4 then top it off with Khalua. Light the shot on fire and drop it into the beer. It will fizz and then you chug it. I swear to Christ it tastes EXACTLY like Dr. Pepper.
Thank you very much. That sounds amazing.

Beer: Budwiser Select or Boulevard Wheat
The latter, I believe is actually brewed in Kansas, where I live. And it is quite tasty.

Mixed Drink:
I could go on about different mixed drinks and such and why each one is good, but the BEST one is the simplest concoction ever:
Rum and Coke.
Doesn't get much better than that.

Gruthar

Mar 27, 2009
Beer: Shiner Hefeweizen is my favorite thus far
Wine: Asti, though it's a sparkling wine
Straight: Tequila
Mixed: (Chilean) pisco sour, whiskey sour when pisco isn't available. Four Horsemen or a Long Island Iced Tea on the rare occasion that I feel the need to get drunk.

HarlyHellbender

Mar 21, 2009
Wine: Pink

Straight Liquor: Tequila

Mixed Drink: it's a three way tie between Butter Ripple Coke (Coke + Butter Ripple Schnapps), JagerBombs, and Tequila Sunrises.

bimbley

Jan 31, 2009
Jumping_Over_Fences said:
bimbley said:
Jumping_Over_Fences said:
Curbsidewhiskey said:
CNKFan said:
I would really like to see your proof of this. Especially because Opium does not make you hallucinate, it, and the drugs derived from it, are used as painkillers. I have never once heard any credible account of the drug causing hallucination (unless you count movies and popular culture references).

It was banned because it made people seem crazy, much the same as just getting really drunk. There was absolutely no research done on the topic, people just assumed it was making them hallucinate. They were just trying to crack down on alcohol consumption.

Also, that is the first I have heard of putting Opium into absinthe, most people just claim that it was the Wormswood that makes the hallucinations (also false).
My apologies, having researched a little it seems you're right on the subject of Absinthe's hallucinatory tendencies.

I'm not convinced by your argument that it was banned in order to crack down on alcohol consumption, that doesn't fit with the cultures involved. The French, for example, have never been conservative about a bit of booze.

A sugar cube infused with Heroine and gradually watered down into Absinthe is a known way of taking both substances. I could be misrecalling, but I think there's a scene in The Picture of Dorian Grey in which Wilde describes it, and I also seem to recall seeing Jonny Depp doing it in a film, (admittedly, the second source isn't quite as credible as the first!)

-Bimbley

Dys

Sep 10, 2008
Vash108 said:
Beer: Guiness
Wine: Kabinett
Straight Liquor: Jameson Irish Wiskey
Mixed Drink: Long Island Iced Tea, or Black Tooth Grin
Heeelllllllll yeah.

I tend to go for straight scotches, absinths can be very good (although I've had a few that disapointed me, at the moment I'm working on a bottle of teichenne black which is alright).

'Not crap beer', Australian beer is usually pretty good but anything made or associated in any way with fosters group is almost always shit. Matilda bay and coopers are good, as are all the various microbrewerys.

Mixes, black tooth grin goes well, thats probably the only mix I drink regularly. I've been known to try various cocktails from cocktail bars, but I struggle to remember what they are called and rarely try them a second time.

demonsaber

Apr 11, 2009
Beer: I dislike beer and think it smells of rat piss

Wine: Aged red wine

Mixed: Mudslides (mm tasty) White Russians and Screwdrivers (need that OJ for when the alcohol kills me).

straight: Rum (prefer C. Morgan's but Parrot Bay will do) Whiskey (Jack D) and on occasion Vodka (normally Absolute because I am cheap) Scotch and lastly Bourbon

All that said, I do not drink often so yea...

deminizer

Mar 19, 2010
Exotic and unique martini recipes can be found or submitted here:

http://www.ultimatemartinis.blogspot.com/

Soushi

Jun 24, 2009
Rum and coke, all the way. it is actually the only thing i can drink, other than mint shnaps.

TN II Alpharius

Mar 19, 2010
I would have to go with some Jägermeister or maybe some Aftershock. If I'm not hellbent on getting drunk, some cider will do nicely.