Favorite bands?

MiracleOfSound

Fight like a Krogan
Jan 3, 2009
nails06 said:
MiracleOfSound said:
nails06 said:
Nine Inch Nails, followed by Alice in Chains, Skinny Puppy, David Bowie and Tori Amos
Wow, I like your taste... Absolutely love all of those except Skinny Puppy but only because I've never heard them.

New Alice in Chains album thoughts? I thought it was great.

Also, 'Winter' by Tori leaves me a blubby wreck every time.
thanks for the compliment.
New Alice in Chains was good, but it makes me miss Lane Staley. Such a waste.
and yes, "Winter" can cause a grown man to break down. Amazingly powerful.
Yeah it's not the same without Lane, but I think they did a great job nonetheless. Saw em live this summer and it was fantastic.

Spinozaad

Jun 16, 2008
In random order:

Massive Attack, Tricky, Kyuss, Queens of the Stone Age, Bob Dylan, Monster Magnet, Van Morrison, Nirvana, Gorillaz, Beck, DJ Shadow, Primus, Morcheeba, De Staat, The Doors, The Animals, Flogging Molly, Soundgarden, The Pogues, Blur, Radiohead (I have to clarify this one: OK Computer is absolutely brilliant. The rest I find 'okay'), Big Bad Voodoo Daddy, Causa Sui, Dan Le Sac versus Scroobius Pip, Rage Against The Machine, Shpongle, Roosbeef, The Prodigy, Truckfighters and Orange Goblin.

Probably more. Although I must add, I don't really have a favorite bands. These are just artists I love. Depending on the mood and time, I love some more than others.

EeveeElectro

Cats.
Aug 3, 2008
Que the 'I'm so cool, cuz no one knows of these' bands...

Anyway, I wouldn't say I have a favourite band, but my iTunes says I have 192 Green Day songs, 80 Goo Goo Dolls songs and nearly 200 David Bowie songs, so I guess them.

NghtmaresXNoVaKaiNe

Dec 29, 2009
Strapping Young Lad (Deadly Deadly Metal), Lamb of God (Still metal), 3 Inches of Blood (Yummy), DevilDriver (Metally Goodness), Pavement (Indie), Nine Inch Nails (Industrial), Bear Vs. Shark (Hardcorish Indie) and The Toasters (Ska). I have music tastes all over the spectrum. Oh and of course...Megadeth, my favorite. :D

Apr 24, 2008
Flat Duo Jets
Led Zeppelin
Jimi Hendrix Experience
Pink Martini
Nirvana
Beatles
Johnny Cash
Leadbelly
Son House
N.W.A
Pixies
White Stripes
Queen
Primus
Tito & Tarantula
Vaselines

Doinstuffman38

Dec 1, 2009
The Fratellis. A band out of Glasgow, Scotland me and a friend found out about a few years back. Too bad they went on hiatus, I was looking forward to another US tour.

Doinstuffman38

Dec 1, 2009
sethzard said:
David bowie, then in no particular order: three days grace, stephen lynch, jonothan coulton, panic at the disco, my chemical romance, nickelback, queen, tom leher, adam sandler and paul&storm/da vinchi's notebook,
Not a big fan of most of the stuff on the list, but I never thought I'd meet another Jonathan Coulton fan. For that you have my respect.

Sethzard

Megalomaniac
Dec 22, 2007
Country
United Kingdom
Doinstuffman38 said:
sethzard said:
David bowie, then in no particular order: three days grace, stephen lynch, jonothan coulton, panic at the disco, my chemical romance, nickelback, queen, tom leher, adam sandler and paul&storm/da vinchi's notebook,
Not a big fan of most of the stuff on the list, but I never thought I'd meet another Jonathan Coulton fan. For that you have my respect.
You don't come on here much, I reckon that most people on here are JoCo fans

TankCopter

Jul 8, 2009
I'm kind a musical whore, different bands suit my tastes at different times, altough there are a few I have a long standing relationship with. They are: Maximo Park, Eskimo Joe, Gyroscope, Birds of Tokyo, The Whitlams, Karnivool and British India.

At the moment, I'm into: Florence + The Machine, Whitley, Grizzly Bear, Paolo Nutini, Two Door Cinema Club, White Rabbits and Bob Dylan.

Like I said, I'm a musical whore.

Doinstuffman38

Dec 1, 2009
sethzard said:
Doinstuffman38 said:
sethzard said:
You would be right about that. I signed up, ignored my account for a few months, and just started actually being active in the forums today.

Still, it's always good to find that people like his stuff.

Sethzard

Megalomaniac
Dec 22, 2007
Country
United Kingdom
Doinstuffman38 said:
sethzard said:
Doinstuffman38 said:
sethzard said:
You would be right about that. I signed up, ignored my account for a few months, and just started actually being active in the forums today.

Still, it's always good to find that people like his stuff.
I know it's late but welcome the the escapist

GodofDisaster

Premium member
Sep 10, 2009
My top 5 favourites would be. (Note some of these are foreign.)

1. Judas priests

2. Flow

3. Nightwish

4. Rammenstein

5. Maximum the Hormone

Nov 7, 2009
Where to effing start...
Mastodon released what is in my opinion the greatest metal album ever last year, so I suppose I'll pick them as number one.
And naow a top 5!
1. Mastodon
2. Machine Head
3. Pink Floyd
4. Slayer
5. Iron Maiden
As well as Slipknot, Metallica, Lamb Of God, Fear Factory, Converge, Green Day, Cancer bats, Electric Wizard, Melvins, High On Fire, The Used, Opeth, Black Sabbath, Skindred, Rammstein, Finntroll, System Of A Down, Karnivool, Gama Bomb, Every Time I Die, Buruzm and My Dying Bride.
Yeah, it's a lot. >_<