Favorite Boss Battle Theme

Drakmorg

Local Cat
Aug 15, 2008
This is the song from Golden Sun 2 that I'm most fond of.

I like this one a lot as well.

I also really like the themes of the last 4 bosses from No More Heroes. I'm not good at picking favorites.

Leole

Jul 24, 2010
This song is pretty old, but I've always thought this is one of the best Songs for a Final Boss Fight

Evil Tim

Apr 18, 2009
You are all wrong, since the best boss theme has already been determined.

If you can't set your final boss to this, your final boss sucks.

Other than that:

scorptatious

The Resident Team ICO Fanboy
May 14, 2009
Some Final Fantasy boss themes:

Surprisingly, some from Pokemon Black and White.

Shadow of the Colossus:

Valkyria Chronicles:

The Madman

Dec 7, 2007
I absolutely love the epic, sweeping orchestral score from the Baldur's Gate series. And in terms of boss music, the music that played when you fought the 'Bhallspawn' in Throne of Bhall is probably the most dramatic. It sounds like something straight from Conan and the like, heroic and adventurous with an edge of danger.

But probably my absolute favourite 'boss theme' of all time has gotta be from Beyond Good & Evil. I mean bloody hell, just listen to this:

HOLY SHIT MY EARS JUST HAD AN ORGASM

Arcane Azmadi

Jan 23, 2009
Good grief, so many people putting Final Fantasy themes in here, but NO-ONE puts music from Final Fantasy: Mystic Quest? Yeah, the game was mediocre, but the soundtrack was INCREDIBLE.
Let's face it, Square owned the 16-bit era...
...except when Enix did...
...oh and Lufia...

Electrogecko

Apr 15, 2010
paiged said:
I always thought this one was kind of epic...
and I love the whole soundtrack to this game:
And this one...well...its creepy but awesome. :)
Wow that last theme was always obscured by the sounds of combat and Majora bouncing around and squeaking gibberish. I love it. I think it captures the theme of the entire game really well.

This came to mind for me-
I love Super Meat Boy's soundtrack all around.

Cheesepower5

Dec 21, 2009
No More Heroes finally gets the love it deserves. This thread was godly enough to crash my shockwave player, so I'm just going to add to it.

Ryank1908

Oct 18, 2009
Cuddly Knife said:
GAH!!!!!!

Sonic the HEdgehog final battle theme

That was my favourite, too. Though I do prefer the slower PAL version. So appropriate for a big boss fight.

Personally, I think Monster Hunter has been under-represented here, so here's the awesome theme from the White Fatalis boss fight. The fight is scary enough without this mental, tense choral piece.

[youtube] Ynr4A6Mwh7w&feature=related [/youtube]

Nigh Invulnerable

Jan 5, 2009
Shirokurou said:
Assassin Xaero said:
Shirokurou said:
Otheworld
That. The intro is my ringtone, too.
Respect...
I'm sorry, but that song completely ruined the finale of FF X in my mind. There were all these moving songs throughout the game, and then you fight the boss to a crappy nu-metal style song with some guy growling over the top? No thanks. Admittedly, the song isn't entirely nu-metal, as there is a bunch of guitar soloing, but it still just doesn't fit with the rest of the game/moment.

My favorite boss music?