Favorite canceled TV shows

sirdanrhodes

Nov 7, 2007
SecretTacoNinja said:
I'll say Red Dwarf, damn that was a good show, They left it on a cliffhanger too.
Change that : D

I say... Bottom, Richie and Eddie were two of the best characters created.

Ancalagon

May 14, 2008
Dale Cooper said:
Rarrrrgh said:
Twin Peaks and Carnivale. Both HBO shows and both cancelled When they had reached their peak.

I hate HBO, although In Treatment is a great show.
Both of those seconded, Twin Peaks was ABC's fault for fucking up not HBO, though they still messed up Carnivale.

The Wire was another one HBO made go tits up.
Thirded. Twin Peaks, obviously from the avatar. Carnivale, I've watched the first series and loved it, I've got the second on my shelf awaiting a rainy day. And The Wire was awesome. Did HBO cancel it, or do you mean they just ruined it?

MegaDale

Mar 9, 2009
Farscape was awesome old school style. I also really enjoyed The Class, technically crud but damn I couldn't help the love for it.

I'm gonna miss Scrubs, series 7 sucked but they really brought it back in series 8.

teylamade

Jan 9, 2009
Fastlane (The main actor also starred in twilight)
Surface (The one about the genetically engineered seamonsters)

Vern

Sep 19, 2008
MST3K, Upright Citizens Brigade, and Arrested Development. . I'd say Futurama, but I'm actually getting really sick of it. Watched it too many times, and with the way the quality of the movies consistently went downhill after Benders Big Score I'd be fine if they just left it alone. Upright Citizens Brigade really pissed me off when they pulled it, it was one of the funniest shows ever made.

Madshaw

Jun 18, 2008
Bored Tomatoe said:
I was just thinking about what TV shows that I like that are no longer on anymore.

My top 2 are
1. home movies
2. futurama

so tell me what tv shows do you guys like that have been canceled?
futurama easy

Kuala BangoDango

Mar 19, 2009
When I was a young buck: Sledge Hammer, Brisco County Jr., and The Young Riders

More recently: Farscape, The Pretender & Futurama. Though I never actually saw Farscape on TV, only on dvd. I just wish they would have had the chance to finish the story properly.

Real recently: Nothing of very good quality has been produced recently that I miss. I'd say Battlestar Gallactica, but it wasn't cancelled. They finished the story.

The Young One

Mar 26, 2009
sirdanrhodes said:
SecretTacoNinja said:
I'll say Red Dwarf, damn that was a good show, They left it on a cliffhanger too.
Change that : D

I say... Bottom, Richie and Eddie were two of the best characters created.
*Runs around in circles!!!!!*
I think you are my new best friend :D
I love Bottom, though I think I prefer Rick to Richie.

I have to agree with the Studio 60, I was really enjoying it then blam, no more :(
I don't know if it's been mentioned, but Joey.
I only watched a few, but I thought it wasn't as funny as Friends, but still worth watching.

HazukiHawkins

Mar 3, 2009
Blackadder?
I suppose it ran its course, but it's unfortunate that they couldn't think of more incarnations for the series. Still, they may have been right to end it where they did, without risking it getting worse and worse until nobody was laughing anymore.

Skruff

Mar 19, 2009
Of shows that were canceled before they were READY to be canceled (unlike shows like Friends, Buffy, Battlestar Galactica that were pretty much able to end the way they wanted), my most-missed are:

Angel (Yeah, he got to craft an ending, but you know Joss Whedon was hoping they'd give it another season with that finale)
Firefly
Pushing Daisies
Eli Stone
DirtySexyMoney
Journeyman