Favorite Comic Book Game in Recent Memory

TheAceTheOne

Jul 27, 2010
I've played a lot of games based on comic book characters. Recently, I've played Spider-man: Shattered Dimensions, and I was surprised that it was actually pretty fun. I was going to sell it, but I actually enjoyed it enough to make me think otherwise. So, my fellow Escapists, what's your favorite comic book game? Why?

migo

Jun 27, 2010
I'm getting a big kick out of Dragonball Z Burst Limit. It completely feels like a DBZ game, and solves a lot of the issues I have with fighting games.

TheAceTheOne

Jul 27, 2010
Ghostwise said:
A movie game based on a comic book character counts right? X-Men Origins:Wolverine The Game. It was sooooooo very violent. I wasn't expecting the amount of gore that it displayed. It was great fun.
I saw a preview and thought, "A movie game... *sigh*." Then I played it, and was like, "Hey, this is actually pretty good."

Samwise137

J. Jonah Jameson
Aug 3, 2010
LEGO Batman. You can never have too much SILLY fun. Loved Arkham Asylum too though. I'll be honest, it was a tie in my mind.

S.R.S.

Nov 3, 2009
DC Universe Online *wink [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/groups/view/DC-Universe-Online]

The Real Sandman

Oct 12, 2009
INAFTR Arkham Asylum

I'm surprised by how little praise The Punisher for the PS2 and Xbox gets.

While its far from a great game, every criticism I think of melts away once I blow off a dude's arm with a hand cannon, shove a flame thrower in a dude's mouth, dunk a dude's head into a vat of molten chrome, and/or chuck a dude into the gaping maw of a gigantic snake. There is also a crap ton of variety in this game with the levels ranging from a mansion, a jungle, and even fucking Stark Tower and weapons ranging from auto shotguns, improvised melee weapons, and various objects you can use to, uhh, "Punish" bad guys. Just to top it off, its easily one of the goriest games ever made (even the censored version is pretty brutal).

For a slightly rushed movie cash-in, The Punisher is pretty damn good.

scnj

Nov 10, 2008
The Darkness maybe. I dunno to be honest. I don't really play that many comic games.

Cheesebob

Oct 31, 2008
Richard Hannay said:
I almost hate to be so obvious but? Arkham Asylum.
Done. End of discussion. Period. The End. Nothing to see here folks. Thats all she wrote.

Snake Plissken

Jul 30, 2010
Super Toast said:
Preacher: The Game. Wait, I just imagined that. Oh well.
DAMMIT! Quit reminding me of awesome things that will never happen!

(Then again, I'd really only want to play as The Saint of Killers.)

Trogdor1138

May 28, 2010
While it feels sheepish, one can't deny how fantastic Arkham Asylum is. So I vote that.

While it's not "recent" per se, Spiderman 2 was the best before that.

Ordinaryundone

Oct 23, 2010
In no particular order (well, AA is easily the best, but after that..)

Arkham Asylum
The Darkness
X-Men Origins: Wolverine
Spider-Man 2
Scott Pilgrim vs. The World

And for an older choice, Maximum Carnage.