Favorite currently running animated series (Other than MLP:FiM)

twistedmic

Elite Member
Legacy
Sep 8, 2009
My favorites are Venture Brothers, Young Justice and the new Thundercats. American Dad and Archer come in pretty close to the top of the list as well.

Drakmeire

Elite Member
Jun 27, 2009
Country
United States
Western Animation:
Adventure Time
<youtube=Pz-QlcrSRY4>
as well as Robot Chicken, The Simpsons (Shut up, it's still funnier than most things on TV), and
Anime:
Hellsing:Ultimate, Beelzebub, Persona 4: The animation, and Ben-to.

Senaro

Jan 5, 2008
Right now, the only current show I'm watching is Persona 4.

Reasons why: it's Persona 4.

Pappytech

Invested all my Souls into Res
Jun 7, 2011
Well, I do watch a lot of anime. Stuff that's still running though? That's a tough one; I generally watch series that have already ended on Netflix or justdubs.

I suppose that One Piece is pretty awesome, and Bleach will hopefully improve once they get to the Fullbringer arc. And I'm still waiting for the next couple Evangelion movies, not to mention Hellsing Ultimate, if those count.

As for western shows, Archer is freaking amazing. I've also got a soft spot for Robot Chicken.

Soviet Heavy

Jan 22, 2010
believer258 said:
Soviet Heavy said:
AccursedTheory said:

Venture Bros. I'm a sucker for stories about failure.
The link ain't available in my country. Fucking US TV policies.

Eh, I don't watch many animated shows currently, just the backlogs.
Um, I'm in the US and just now watched it. Something must be wrong on your end. Or maybe it's whatever state you're in or something.

Anyway, I actually don't like to watch TV shows that aren't finished yet or don't already have a bunch of episodes. Anime, in particular, I usually wait for a good number of episodes to already be there. This is because I might get all the way to last episode released and go "shit, I have to wait some more?" I don't really like the feeling of being really into a series and having to wait, I would much rather watch it on my own time.

That said, Inuyasha's still running. I used to watch that as a kid and have been thinking of going through it. I saw the first two episodes a while back and it seems pretty interesting, with a nice little mythology to back it up. Also the manga actually finishes and so does the anime. Eventually. They're still finishing the series with something subtitled "The Final Act". So I might watch that.

And Futurama. That show is pretty funny, for the most part.
No, there's nothing wrong on my end. I'm saying that it is the stupid policy of US television shows to not stream to other countries. Want to watch Warner Bros online? Have to live in the states. Want to watch Clone Wars online? Have to live in the states. Want to use Hulu? Have to live in the states.

ChupathingyX

Jun 8, 2010

Okay, technically it finished a while ago but they still show it on Nickelodeon and I just love that show so much.

Can't wait for The Legend of Korra!

DontPunchTrees

Jan 19, 2011
Other than MLP? Oh, you crafty bugger.

Anyway, other than ponies, nothing. Animation industry, I am disappoint.

Akytalusia

Nov 11, 2010
currently running; not mlp? south park. i watch more stuff that isn't running anymore tbh. i prefer to have access to every ep from the begining. don't much like waiting for new eps o.o;;

Ensiferum

Apr 24, 2010
AAAAAAAAAAADVENTURE TIME! Seriously, not sure why MLP: FiM gets more recognition in "geek culture" than this show; the ENTIRE series is based on Pendleton Ward's experiences playing D&D and it's full of references. Not only that, it's hilariously off the wall on its own merits and works for both kids and adults. I haven't seen a show like that since Animaniacs.

Nazulu

They will not take our Fluids
Jun 5, 2008
Nothing, not even MLP anymore. I hate the dialogue in the new series.

At the moment I'm going through popular anime suggestions I haven't gotten around to yet. If your interested at all, just finished Cowboy Bebop and found it alright.

DontPunchTrees

Jan 19, 2011
Akytalusia said:
currently running; not mlp? south park. i watch more stuff that isn't running anymore tbh. i prefer to have access to every ep from the begining. don't much like waiting for new eps o.o;;
That is to say, anything on Cartoon Network during (what I like to call) the Ed Edd 'n' Eddy era. Which is beyond dead.

duktapeman90

Fhqwhgads
Aug 16, 2009
A Weary Exile said:
I love Archer, I just wish I could remember to watch it. The internet distracts me from television.
I feel your pain bro.

OT: Archer, South Park, Futurama, and you can probably guess the last one from my avatar, but I can't say it.

JediMB

Oct 25, 2008
Aw, frack...

Well, besides FiM, I'm only really watching Star Wars: The Clone Wars... and I'm not so sure that's even good anymore. I'm really bad at looking for new shows when my old ones end or get too stale. :(

I would be watching Naruto Shippuuden if I hadn't jumped ship during a fairly recent filler arc and started reading Naruto instead.

I really should get back into South Park and the Simpsons, as I haven't really watched either regularly since before college. And Futurama.

PunkyMcGee

A Clever Title
Apr 5, 2010
duktapeman90 said:
A Weary Exile said:
I love Archer, I just wish I could remember to watch it. The internet distracts me from television.
I feel your pain bro.

OT: Archer, South Park, Futurama, and you can probably guess the last one from my avatar, but I can't say it.
is it because Scott Pilgrim isn't a cartoon? ...yet.