Favorite Disney Song

Catie Caraco

Jun 27, 2011
Nazulu said:
I love the all powerful Bells Of Notre Dame intro in the Hunchback of Notre Dame. I reckon it created the most dramatic intro out of all the Disney movies.

They really knew how to make powerful and catchy songs back then.
I agree with everything said here, and this one is definitely my second favorite. The guy who played the gypsy guy, whose name I won't even TRY to spell, has such a commanding voice. Omg, I love it.

CardinalPiggles

Jun 24, 2010
I'd like to say something from Aladdin, but I realise the songs themselves are nowhere near as good without seeing the movie itself with it.

Instead I'm gonna go with Why should I worry from Oliver and company.

Terminate421

Jul 21, 2010
CardinalPiggles said:
I'd like to say something from Aladdin, but I realise the songs themselves are nowhere near as good without seeing the movie itself with it.

Instead I'm gonna go with Why should I worry from Oliver and company.

DAMMIT, so obscure, yet stolen still!

Hmmmmm........

Who knew the Arbiter could be a sweet bad guy?

Also:

Because Scar equals perfect in villainy.

Paflick

May 26, 2011
Ooh, this is a tough one...

Oh, wait, no it isn't.

Gotta love Frollo. But in all honestly, I was pretty surprised after listening to this song again as an adult. It deals with some pretty heavy stuff.

Nothing Tra La La

Feb 10, 2010
I can't possibly choose just one! Hunchback of Notre Dame had a fantastic soundtrack, and both "Hellfire" and "God Help the Outcasts" send shivers down my spine.
I also really love a lot of the short, overlooked song. Vanessa's song from The Little Mermaid when she's dancing in front of the mirror? It's so wonderfully evil! Also, "Savages (part 2)" from Pocahontas. It has one of my favorite Disney lyrics ever: "how loud are the drums of war?"

soren7550

Overly Proud New Yorker
Dec 18, 2008
How did no one else say this yet?:

Will post more in a bit, computer's being bippy.

EDIT: Ok, let's try adding some more. (will try to not repeat what others have said)

If only for 0:59 - 1:08, which always makes me laugh my ass off.

All the instrumental bits for The Lion King (hey, they count, plus it's Hans Zimmer's best work!)

Boggelz

Aug 28, 2011
Hellfire probably is the highlight of the movie, but I love Out There from Hunchback of Notre Dame, its just so damn uplifting.
<youtube=tEOFQAJAcss>
And basically all of The Nightmare Before Christmas soundtrack
<youtube=xpvdAJYvofI><youtube=ZuWD-mSUtrU><youtube=HqPiMmaKsW0>

Bobbety

May 16, 2011
Murais said:

Favorite cartoon and song.

I prefer the things that Disney isn't proud of.
I had that stuck in my head the other day... Not exactly a song you can go around singing in public.

DementedSheep

Jan 8, 2010
This is a surprisingly common thread guess I should actually contribute this time though I'm terrible at picking favorites.

Do the Tarzen songs count? because I like the entire soundtrack but particularly Two Worlds
Partially because of the scene as well. I'm a total sucker for parent-child drama. I have know I idea why since I don't have kids but parents losing/trying to protect or do whats best for their kids is instant heartbreak to me.

Lion King: Circle of life, Just Can't Wait to be King, Be Prepared and Not One of Us (Of topic: the whole resemblance and connection to Scar thing would have worked better if he was actually Scars son but I guess then they couldn't hock him up with Simba's daughter). Fuck it the whole soundtrack it awesome...I did say I was horrible at picking Favs.

Hercules: Won't Say I'm in Love.

Mulan: I'll Make a Man out of You and Reflection
Quest for Camelot/The Magic Sword, Anastasia and Prince of Egypt also have some good music but they aren't Disney.

twaddle

Nov 17, 2009
I present the international song for nerds, geeks otakus brownies and all other sort of introverts

Grimfolse

Feb 28, 2011
In no particular order:

Friends on the Other Side
I'll Make a Man out of You
Hellfire
Gaston
Be Prepared

Interestingly, with the exception of the one from Mulan, they're all villain songs.