Favorite Doctor Who serial or episode?

Arcobalen

Aug 17, 2011
What is your favorite serial/episode of Doctor Who? 1963 or 2005, it doesn't matter.

I think my personal favorite would have to be the second doctor's Fury from the Deep serial.

JoJo

and the Amazing Technicolour Dream Goat šŸ
Legacy
Mar 31, 2010
Country
šŸ‡¬šŸ‡§
It's going to come up a lot but Blink was exceptional. In fact, I'd count many of the darker Tennant episodes as my favourite across the series.

Knight Captain Kerr

May 27, 2011
JoJo said:
It's going to come up a lot but Blink was exceptional. In fact, I'd count many of the darker Tennant episodes as my favourite across the series.
It will come up a lot because Blink is great.

But yeah, Blink is my favourite episode. I'm also really fond of Midnight, Turn Left, The Doctor's Wife and the Silence in the Library/Forest of the Dead 2 parter.

I haven't seen that much Classic Who. But my favourite episode of it that I have seen is probably Remembrance of the Daleks.

Thaluikhain

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 16, 2010
Reed Spacer said:
Genesis of the Daleks, because Davros.

Also Daleks.
Yeah...unfortunately, the Daleks got overshadowed, and they had to keep bringing him back all the time. If they'd just had him as a one off, it would have worked so much better.

Albino Boo

Jun 14, 2010
Has to be City of death. Tom Baker, The Mona Lisa and Lala Ward in a school outfit.

What's not to love?

Thaluikhain

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 16, 2010
albino boo said:
Has to be City of death. Tom Baker, The Mona Lisa and Lala Ward in a school outfit.

What's not to love?
Written (at least in part) by Douglas Adams. Also, Julian Glover in his second role in Doctor Who...though, you could get away with thinking it was his only role.

x EvilErmine x

Cake or death?!
Apr 5, 2010
The Doctors Wife - written by Neil Gaiman.

Wonderful episode that really captures the bond between the doctor and the tardis I think, it shows how the tardis is kinda the doctors only real love, companions come and go but the tardis will always be with him

Artina89

Oct 27, 2008
For me it will always be Inferno. It has the evil Brigadier Lethbridge-Stewart, what else do I need?

A close second has to be Spearhead from space as that was the first Doctor Who serial I ever watched. When the autons stormed the streets of London it equal parts terrified and enthralled me, and it cemented my view that Jon Pertwee was the best Doctor ever in my opinion.

Rylot

May 14, 2010
The 'Empty Child' two-parter is one of my favorites that hasn't been mentioned yet. It was really emotional and introduced Captain Jack. Having watched more episodes with Daleks and getting some of their back story, 'Dalek' is pretty good too.

Patrick Buck

Nov 14, 2011
Oh my god Remembrance of the Daleks. Silvester McCoy talking a dalek to death? Flawless. The making fun of Davros? Flawless. Ace (My fave companion, seriously she's fucking awesome) attacking a dalek with a baseball bat before jumping through a window?
You guessed it. Flawless.

Kalashnikov2092

Feb 15, 2011
I'd have to say either Midnight or Vincent and the Doctor. Midnight was a darkly brilliant human villain story (kinda), and Vincent and the Doctor legitimately made me cry at the end.

Crispee

Nov 18, 2009
Very difficult question, The Day of The Doctor was a fine story, earlier than that though, probably The Rings of Akhaten with Smith, The Girl in the Fireplace with Tennant, and Dalek with Eccleston.

No choices from the Classic Who, because personally I don't see the appeal in any of the serials I've seen of it.

Kyber

Oct 14, 2009
I loved the episode with the Ood and what's basically the image of the devil. It was very Lovecraftian.

Roganzar

Winter is coming
Jun 13, 2009
albino boo said:

What's not to love?
thaluikhain said:
albino boo said:

What's not to love?
Written (at least in part) by Douglas Adams. Also, Julian Glover in his second role in Doctor Who...though, you could get away with thinking it was his only role.
Also has John Cleese making a cameo appearance.
While "Robot" was my first full episode, caught the 2nd half of Planet of the Spiders first. My favorite from Classic Doctor Who is Genesis of the Daleks, it instantly cemented my love of the show.
As for the new series, Girl in the Fireplace is my favorite followed by School Reunion, because Sarah-Jane Smith's return.

Little Woodsman

Nov 11, 2012
Well it's sometimes said that Dr. Who is really all about the companions, so if I've gotta pick a favorite I'll go with the one that brought my two favorite companions together; The Two Doctors
Though I have to agree with others in this thread that Remembrance of the Daleks is stunningly good.